Bipods!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bipods!

Bi-pod on an Airsoft rifle, waste of time. Unless its big and heavy or you spend an obscene amount of time in a prone position camping for people.
    On Real guns, different matter all together.
    "I sincerely hope your next shit is a hedgehog" loki7491
    Life in the fast lane........
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pacey View Post
      Bi-pod on an Airsoft rifle, waste of time. Unless its big and heavy or you spend an obscene amount of time in a prone position camping for people.
      It's not a waste of time atall, when in the safe zone, i can put my guns down without getting them muddy. I can also use it when prone which releives me from holding the gun which can become heavy with extended periods of use.

Comment

Originally posted by pacey View Post
        Nothing is a waste of time when it makes you look cool.

Comment

I don't think bipods are a waste of time, if you are suppressing fire in a static position and you have open ground in front of you, it saves you taking most of the weight, in prone if you are in thick cover it keeps your barrel up at a fixed height. Problems arise when you are a player that likes to play at a fast pace and not set in one place for long enough.

Dunno why people put them on their guns for looks, suppose it's as bad as ppl having a PEQ and a separate torch and separate laser too.

Once you know your style of play that suits you, you will know after a few shoots if you need one or not.

Comment

Totally agree with Andre the giant !

I have a front foregrip with a built in spring release bipod , when defending an objective , such as a bunker or a building, the bipod takes almost all of the weight of the gun, also steadies the gun whilst firing .

When prone , it saves having to get your mags or side of the gun dirty and again takes the weight of the gun .

Well worth using a bipod !

Comment

the bi-pod foregrips are really good, was playing with a guy defending an objective, he just stuck his guun forwards and if anyone came around the side and any of us were busy he'd pull his pistol out while still shooting forward
              Fire Team Zulu
              Find us on FaceBook - Fire Team Zulu Airsoft
              http://www.facebook.com/fireteamzuluairsoft

Comment

Got an Ares l86 LSW but I removed the bipod and the rear grip after a little while it just got in the way and it was way to heavy. Now it just looks like a carbine with a super long barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by andre the giant View Post
                  suppose it's as bad as ppl having a PEQ and a separate torch and separate laser too.
                  I assume you said that just as an example, as oppose to having seen that for real, but even if you have, there is a perfectly logical explanation to that. Torch because he needs the light, laser because he wants the laser, but the PEQ has both? Nope, some PEQ are just battery boxes disguised as a PEQ unit.

Comment

Grip support with bipod are the best! As my role in airsoft seem to be support it makes it easy to use the bipod and when i need to move i just push the bipod up in to the handle. The grip handle and bipod combo are a very versatile peace of kit, i can go a whole day and not use the bipod bit but its there if i need it.

Comment

Are there any bipods which will allow you to move the gun left and right without having to move the feet? Ive not come across any which will allow you to do this and the bipods on my RPK and M249 were practically useless in that respect. No degree of motion with moving the position of the feet :/ great for getting your gun tangled in long grass lol

Comment

I believe Harris have recently released a swivel Bipod Adaptor, allowing for left-right movement... details on their website.

Comment

g&p universal bipod allows you to move side to side and will withstand most you throw at it unlike the clones. but in my opinion after running around with my gpmg, i couldnt do with out the bipod (which also allows you to pivot). but on a assualt rifle unless its a spr or a long barrel rifle then i wouldnt bother or would use the grip pod as they are great. so sniper/long rifle or support YES assualt rifles NO but would use the grip pod.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Stickybomb NAE 10/11/12 attendee Find out more about Stickybomb
                          Working...
                          X