X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bipods!

Help or hinderance

Discuss
    Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
    Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Depends if your spending enough time on it like a sniper or to a lesser extent support gunners.
    I did feel my L86 bipod was a bit of a pain as i was never in one spot for long enough to use it to its full extent.
    But with snipers they tend to pick a spot and stick to it for longer.
    I see the bipod style forgrips on M4s and to me that is a total waste of time.

Comment

Re: Bipods!

i think bipods are great for,
      1) heavy guns
      2) roles with stationary jobs ie. sniping, support gunner
      Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

Bipods are awesome, I wont own a sniper rifle without equiping it with a bipod, looks good, helps people get shots they normally wouldn't, Just helps all round. :D

Comment

I hate bipods...

The bipod on my TM G3-SG1 and M249? Utterly useless, when it was folded up against the foregrip it was so uncomfortable to hold, when it was deployed it was utterly rubbish, didnt allow any movement for moving shots or anything. I really dont see the point of them they just get in the way, seeing as airsoft weapons dont have any recoil or anything like that, and to be honest unless youre a 4ft nothing Walter Softy with biceps made of jelly, you ought to be able to hold an airsoft gun steady for at least long enough to take your shot.

Comment

I have a bipod for my m16 dmr and find it a great help as I use it to sit and snipe. It allows me to lay on the floor, and keep my profile as low as possible while taking those shots. I don't have to worry about holding the front of the gun then either. It acts as my hand in a way.

Comment

See in woodland sniping i had a bipod on an L96, an M14, and a AUG set up as a DMR. None of which had the bipod on for more than 1 game. Theyre just too cumbersome, and to be any good they require you to be on a flat surface!

Quite a lof of the time i was tucked up against a tree or behind a log, so I would rest the rifle on that, rather than sitting out in the open on flat ground using the bipod

Comment

The only gun I had a bipod on was my Sig 550... And that was because it was built in. I think I used it 2 or 3 times and that was it. I don't like them that much, I refuse to put one on my AUG as it'd look silly.

On the other hand, my friend has bipods on his M4 and M16, he uses them all the time. So it's just down to personal preference.
                The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

to be honest, ill use my bipods if im in the right position but generally i think they are pointless.. i keep them on my snipers so they look the part but also i keep them folded and use them as a rest so my gun doesn't get scratched
                  sigpic

Comment

I use a bipod for looks. I find bipods too high off the ground to be effectively in cover... I just lay out flat on the ground with the rifle. Works all the same.

But it's funny to have one on my M4 :D can be useful, as my M4 has a raised top rail so it's not a low profile gun anyway.
                    sigpic

Comment

i haz a grip pod best of both worlds

Comment

i think these are a pain, when your setup and take your shot then have to bug out and it all gets tanggled in grass you'll soon wish you hadn't bothered with it

Comment

i dont know what grass you play in, but grass definately does not get stuck in mine!
                          Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

They can be quite useful on the right gun in the right situation, but frankly I dont think the weight makes it worth carrying all the time for those few instances.

On a real sniper, totally a good idea thoug. Airsoft sniping, maybe. I dont like to stay in one spot too long, so going prone isn't often on the cards. The weight also makes it harder to fire from the shoulder too, what with being ahead of your support hand. I might consider carrying one in a pouch so I can whip it out if the mood takes me...

Comment

ok here is my 50p.
                              in a normal skirmish bipods can be a pain as some games are very rapid and therefor can be a pain. Although in milsims they come into a world of there own. they are brillient keep clearence low and help blend in if ur one for recon or support at base.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Stickybomb NAE 10/11/12 attendee Find out more about Stickybomb
                              Working...
                              X