Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bipods!

Always laugh at the gripods.

See kids with them deployed, and they unable to shoot anything unless it above them when they lay prone :D

Comment

Haha grip pods are funny too watch - but if you have a support esq gun like g36k with box mag then they can be useful for resting on a low wall...

What am I saying they are pointless!!
      sigpic

Comment

I often have a harris style bipod on my M16 when I play milsim type games. If I'm holding a position for a length of time it's a huge help. Never found it really get's in the way either. But then a harris tucks away quite small when not in use.

I vote help...in the right situation
        Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
        I've never seen an Aug look so large :p

Comment

Grip pods are well used with our issue L85A2 RIS.

I'm hoping to get "Boltrig's" Star G36 that he sold not so long ago; this has the dual optic carry handle as used on the MG36, and have a friend who'll allow me to borrow the Hero Arms Beta C mag to use on any skirmish.

Although I don't think the bipod will be used much, with the rifle being so light in design, it may come in handy quite often. It's not as if I've got to hit the deck with an 8kg '249. Furthermore, I think that if the bipod is an integral part of the gun, it looses some of its appeal when the pod is removed.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

with my G36E i have ac mag so its reasonably heavy so its neccecery (i cant spell i know) really otherwise you get tired quickly.

Dom

Comment

My bipod is there so my paint doesn't get scratched

Though I will use it when I know I'll be in one place for a long time, I don't usually bother to set it up every single time, especially when there's a tree/log/defence in front of me that will do a better job

Comment

As said good for stationary roles like sniping support gunning but on a rifle no chance

Dim

Comment

I love mine on me saw folds up neatly and.quick to put down when needed
                  ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED NEVER OUTGUNNED

Comment

i use it a bit on my G3 sg1 because it does protect the paint when you lie it down on something but to be honest the only times i really use it that much is when i am getting tired and need to snipe a bit
                    For sale:

-Splitting M4
                    -MP5 Parts
                    -MP7a1
                    -M9 Magazine

Comment

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00001675142920

i've managed to make it work with a G&G M4A1 i can also pu the Bipod up and im still able to use the foregrip. Its rather useful as i can do things like in the picture.

But i can still use it as an Assault Rifle.
                      sigpic
                      BlackWing Mercenaries
                      http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001675142920

Comment

I think that they can be a great help if you are trying to get very good steady shots but they sometimes get in the way a bit
                        sigpic

Comment

In general I find them a help, mainly as I like to set myself up somewhere and harrass the enemy.
                          However it does add a fair bit of weight and is a bit more bulky.

Comment

I have a M60 VN and let me tell you that thing is heavy and its nice every so offten to get a respite during a defence game or even a attacking for that matter, mainly because you dont have to be up close with a support gun your there to lay peoples heads down its hard to do if your lying down with it not on a bipod because of the length of the thing and its a strain to keep it level but on the bipod you have complete freedom of movement.
                            That said when moving it is just more weight and a bit of a hinderence, But the pros outweight the cons. on bipods on support guns anyway
                            And lets be honest you dont get a big support gun for its mobility and lack of weight ?
                            Slim, of BMN

Comment

Personally I don't find them too helpful for shooting - I prefer a target sling any day (basically one of these but modified not to rattle when I run)

http://ahg.anschuetz-sport.com/index...95f2b996c3f6c4

They only work while prone, but I'd only ever use a bipod for sniping from prone anyway.

When using an AEG I use one of those bipod grips. Bipod only ever seems to be used when I put the gun down, but there's no harm in having one of these grips, just in case =D.

But yeah I think they're of limited use - after all in airsoft accuracy is far more affected by wind etc than by the tiny movements a bipod prevents.

Comment

i find them very usefull, but only if there a swivel kind so you can use them on any terrain, i had a classic army one on my mz l96 and it was so usefull and could use it any were,

theres one built into my wa2000 that is also very good, and its very usefull for its..... shall we say, unusual role as a milsim support gun . becouse its a heavy gun, if im defending somewhere i deploy the bipod on a ledge or a crate, hold the gun in my left hand at the trigger/pistol grip or whatever you want to call it, then cycled the slide/bolt with my right hand, i was geting about 5 rps becouse i was doing it so fast , and the range was awesome, so it helped lots . but the little ris things are generaly rubbish.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Stickybomb NAE 10/11/12 attendee Find out more about Stickybomb
                                Working...
                                X