ARES DSR-1 (Version 2) Review.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ARES DSR-1 (Version 2) Review.

None that I know of. But it doesn't need any. Mine comes out at 490 on propane. And I'd imagine about 450 on Ultra.

The way the M82s are built means that you don't get a 'fantastic' seal between the gearbox and hop unit. That, along with the being an AEG system, sets back the accuracy a noticable amount. I'd have to say the DSR is more accurate than the M82.

Comment

Well if your Set too discourage me it's working haha..

Hmm well I'm literally no idea which.

I'm guessing zeroone do a DSR haha :-) £730 ish.. Best sell that cheytac
      sigpic

Comment

I'm not set on discouraging you. Just informed decision, you know. It's a lotta cash.

Comment

Cant wait until you drop it and the bipod flies off.
          Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

That's what I'm insure about I've seen a video and it broke .
            sigpic

Comment

Pretty sure that was the V2. I've...err...already dropped this one.

Comment

Shh so it's ok ?
                sigpic

Comment

It's fine. To be fair my cat took a fancy to clawing my leg so it was an understandable drop. But the gun's fine.

Comment

So it's skirmish hardy ? Surely if you dropped an m82 the bipod would snap off too?
                    sigpic

Comment

I can't speak for the SG, but the HurricanE one is strong enough to survive being dropped on. I presume the SG one is too.

Comment

Choices choices :-/
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf View Post
                          Choices choices :-/
                          the socom gear one would also easily survive a good dropping. I dropped mine many times and there wasnt even a scratch. Its made like a bloody bomb shelter.

The performance though....well....that isnt so good :/.

Comment

I have the Ares Cheytac and I think it has the same system as the DSR-1, and The SG Barrett M82.
                            The Barrett is a dissapointment out of the box and in needs upgrade, in stock form mine shoot about 360-370 fps (!) .... BUT I'll never going to sell it!! It's very well built and with the new PolarStar HPA gearbox I hope to make it ...KILLER!!
                            On the other hand the CheyTac M200 isn't quite what I expected! The gas mag leaked right out of the box (but it's easy and cheap fix)!! It shoot very hard ... about 580fps on green in the hot Greek summer! It's lighter than the Barrett and everyone that has seen it tried to stay away from me!! The main problem with M200 is consistency and the Cheytac doesn't have any.... I mean at all!! And without consistency you don't get accuracy! As a sniper rifle ..welll it sucks!! I requires A LOT ... I mean A LOT of work to make it skirmish worthy!
                            The barrett is weak but it's more accurate.

George

Asahi WA2000
                            WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

"I have the Ares Cheytac and I think it has the same system as the DSR-1, and The SG Barrett M82."

Given that the Cheytec is gas/spring boltie, the DSR is a gas boltie, and the SG M82 is an AEG, I'd have to disagree with that!

Assuming your talking only about the DSR and M200, the DSR runs on a level hammer inside the bolt, which hits a valve on the top of the magazine. By the looks of it, the M200 may do as well. I've never taken one apart.

The Barrett, well at least the HurricanE one, depends on what gearbox you put in it, as it's a kit, not a full gun. I have a systema hi-torque in mine, along with various hopup/barrel upgrades, and it's awesome.

The SG one, I'd advise upgrading it too unless the stock parts are hi-torque and the airseal parts are tight.

Comment

either way id upgrade the m82.

im just not sure about dsr over m82 or vice versa

im siding with dsr atm
                                sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

The Keeper of Secrets TreadStone Captain and Team Sniper. Find out more about The Keeper of Secrets
                                Working...
                                X