pistols only?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pistols only?

Me and some mates during a game decided to have 30 mins of 'pistols only' up against the opposing team with AEG's, snipers and one lucky fella' with a revolving grenade launcher. it wasn't to bad with the right tactics; this being alot of tactical teamwork, communication and stealth. it went quite well considering our limited firepower.:D

If anyone else has tried this or has any ideas on how to make this idea more fun or tactical please say

Re: pistols only?

I play woodland and once decided only to bring an AEG for my mate.
    I was going to be a sniper all day. But my mauser decided to break it's sears in the first game.

I had my WE M1911 for the rest of the 7hrs or so. I got some cracking kills, and became rather fearless :D

Tactics....? If you have to defend anything, hide in a bush/tree. I found a recently cut down tree and got inside it- totally invisible. Proceeded to shoot two enemies in the backs when they walked past :D

And if you're attacking..... "FOR NAARRNNIIAAAAAAAAA!" Quite simply
    sigpic

Comment

I play almost exclusively with only pistols.
      Primarily I use a TM Sig P226 tinkered with to bring it up to 340fps and it easily keeps range with AEGs (which has caught a few people out).
      I also have a further selection of pistols depending upon my requirement.

My usual approach is to almost completely lone-wolf it.
      I tend to wear just BDU trousers along with a wife-beater vest, a Serpa drop-leg and a secondary drop leg to house spare magazines and a couple of grenades.

Tactic for me is generally to be places far faster than the enemy expect you there so you catch them unaware, then keep moving and use your speed and maneuverability compared to someone in a fully-loaded vest with a long-arm to keep yourself alive and keep knocking them off.

It works too, I'm regularly into buildings where the rest of the team are bogged down on the approach simply because I can run quickly enough that they can't get a good bead on me, dive through a window, grenade the next room and give myself some space to work in.
      I've managed to hold up half the enemy team at UA once on one half of the site with just a 226 and a Hi-capa eXtreme because I got far further forward than the opposition expected right at the start of the game, got upstairs in a building and was moving between covering the stairwell and the outside windows, which stopped them all from progressing as they tried to clear the building which only contained one person. An aggressive enough approach to defending the stairs got them bottle-necked there while I also picked off reinforcements through the windows.

I love it. I still take a rifle every so often just to make a change and try to play "properly" for good form, but these days I find it hard to approach a fight slowly, I far prefer the pistols only approach.

Comment

i use a scorpion on its own mainly on single shot but hell you always need to unload a drum mag at some point so i just pack like 5 haha i tend to wear a small tac. vest , shit , and a pair of cams and lightweight boots and run like hell its alot easier to flank and more lightweight too!
        First of all, we should bring back the phrase 'Whasssup,'

"We have all been taught - Thou shalt not kill - but hear this ... F*** That S***!"- Staff Sgt. Sykes, Jarhead

Comment

Fast works well, but if you're not good with speed and can't keep your accuracy then a slow approach is good too, use plenty of cover and remember that you can pull your pistol in and out of cover faster than anyone with an AEG can :p

Comment

you wear shit?

Comment

Originally posted by joe123 View Post
              you wear shit?
              Correction shirt! hahaha ill just edit that out
              First of all, we should bring back the phrase 'Whasssup,'

"We have all been taught - Thou shalt not kill - but hear this ... F*** That S***!"- Staff Sgt. Sykes, Jarhead

Comment

lmao you wear shit.
                sigpic

Comment

Rofl.
                  Didn't even notice he said that...

Comment

An underarm holster, a WA Beretta and a leather jacket are a whole lotta fun!

Comment

Pistols only rules! So quick to change from target to target with and getting taken out by a pistol you have no idea where the player is when you have you £500 AEG, priceless!

Im going to grab myself a shoulder holster soon and go pistols only, only reason i wear my tac vest is to carry the pistol as it has a holster built in, aside from that id carry my spare mags in my pocket.

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

I play cqb, cqc, fibua, whatever they wanna call it nowadays, and all i use is a MEU with a triggerguard mount rail w/ surefire attatchment. i play against people with AEG's shottys and the occasional GBB rifle (namely M4 varients). i kick ass, not to blow my own trumpet but its okay people coming in with RAV's and geared up for the L.A. riots, but can you move down a corridor quicker than a 315fps bb?. id certainatly say though, i would never dream of playing woodland with just a pistol, id probs take a MP5 along minimum.

but yeah, end of day- Pistols RULE HHHHHOOORRRAAAHHHH!!!!

Comment

i am going through a pistol phase and i rely on lightweight gear and speed and stealth and some bravery on the side i love being able to use the smaller gaps in barriers and the ability to move lower and quicker than my more loaded up team members.
                          i make up for the lack of fire power with practice at home on a 25 yard range that i keep shooting until i am confident with the 226 i use and then i move quick and shoot quick to beat those pesky AEG peeps.
                          the pistol is a great tool in the right hands and as-long as you maintain it it wont let you down and if it does well there's always the knife.

Comment

i do this quite often great fun and anoys people when your out running the stream of bb's following you
                            Traded with me? please leave feedback as will I http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=104161

Comment

couple of weeks ago i sprinted with only my pistol through a hostile village in attempt to storm a building, ran in hyped up and incredibly alert ready to pull the trigger to find the building was empty

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

omnomnom Find out more about omnomnom
                              Working...
                              X