Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: pistols only?

Originally posted by Doctor_Maple View Post
    i use a scorpion on its own mainly on single shot but hell you always need to unload a drum mag at some point so i just pack like 5 haha i tend to wear a small tac. vest , shit , and a pair of cams and lightweight boots and run like hell its alot easier to flank and more lightweight too!
    I laughed so hard at this comment, i realise it was a typo but its seriously funny when you read other peoples comments on it lol
    sigpic

Comment

Pistol ftw!

Comment

Originally posted by Creedy View Post
        Pistol ftw!
        What an unconstructive comment. Lol

Anyways, you're crap with pistols always hitting your teammates. Haha

Comment

Had to run pistols only last 3 games since both my AEGs were broken
          Plus side, it was really fun, and I only used about 500 BBs for all 3 days :D
          Others till I die

Comment

Originally posted by Kaladyr View Post
            I play almost exclusively with only pistols.
            Primarily I use a TM Sig P226 tinkered with to bring it up to 340fps and it easily keeps range with AEGs (which has caught a few people out).
            I also have a further selection of pistols depending upon my requirement.

My usual approach is to almost completely lone-wolf it.
            I tend to wear just BDU trousers along with a wife-beater vest, a Serpa drop-leg and a secondary drop leg to house spare magazines and a couple of grenades.

Tactic for me is generally to be places far faster than the enemy expect you there so you catch them unaware, then keep moving and use your speed and maneuverability compared to someone in a fully-loaded vest with a long-arm to keep yourself alive and keep knocking them off.

It works too, I'm regularly into buildings where the rest of the team are bogged down on the approach simply because I can run quickly enough that they can't get a good bead on me, dive through a window, grenade the next room and give myself some space to work in.
            I've managed to hold up half the enemy team at UA once on one half of the site with just a 226 and a Hi-capa eXtreme because I got far further forward than the opposition expected right at the start of the game, got upstairs in a building and was moving between covering the stairwell and the outside windows, which stopped them all from progressing as they tried to clear the building which only contained one person. An aggressive enough approach to defending the stairs got them bottle-necked there while I also picked off reinforcements through the windows.

I love it. I still take a rifle every so often just to make a change and try to play "properly" for good form, but these days I find it hard to approach a fight slowly, I far prefer the pistols only approach.
            What the hell. You pretty much echo my play-ethic in every way, right down to the 'wife-beater' haha!

For the past year pretty much all I've been carrying are two 1911's and a Maruzen Skorpion...

Are you at UA tomorrow?

Comment

might be forced to go pistol only this weekend but i CAN'T WAIT !

Comment

i find using a pistols for a good few games really up's your tactical gameplay, also excellent for using less ammo!
                i would argue that the top cqb killing machine would be a cyma glock 18 AEP with 20 mags!
                Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

a £60 asg cz75d with a range of 1.5 ft...
                  2 mags
                  i need to be so close i can smell 'em
                  but it adds to the fun ;D
                  i use "pistol only" to storm the objectives;
                  get the flag, move the bomb as far as possible...etc
                  if we have traded, please remember to rate me on itrader:
                  http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=105883

Comment

Past year I've been using 90% pistols only. If you can't compete, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Not that I mean any offence to anyone that has tried and failed. I understand its horses for courses, some people agree with that style of gameplay, some people don't. Most are more comfortable with an AEG with a HICAP full of .2g to counter the enemy on a gameday. To all the others, I salute you and provide you with a high five .

Comment

I've always believed that airsoft is 20% about the gun, and 80% about the player. Using pistols puts you at a disadvantage, but as long as you're good and manage not to get pinned (because you will NEVER win a full blown firefight with a pistol). As long as you practice your aim so you shooting at the enemy doesn't look like a James Bond scene, and are reasonably fit so you can run out of the sticky situations, then everything is fine.

Personally I find pistols only works best on larger maps - you can absolutely sprint forward, and catch the enemy completely off guard - people seem to assume that just because somewhere is closer to their starting point than the enemies that no one's there and they can just run through. Then you just teach them to think twice about not checking their corners.

Comment

Looking to go all pistols, thinking of getting two Chrome WE Nighthawks with 47 grips.. awesum!

Originally posted by MilataryMupet View Post
                          i do this quite often great fun and anoys people when your out running the stream of bb's following you
                          lolwut?!

Usain bolt runs at 27.45 mph which equates to 40.26 fps...

DAMN! You run fast!

Comment

not as in directly shooting at me because most people use hicaps and just use the spray of bb's to direct onto a target so i mean horizontally if you get what i mean
                            also take into account the trees that protect me abit :D
                            Traded with me? please leave feedback as will I http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=104161

Comment

quite a good trick i discovered at a night game, is when going round dark corners, crouching, with a torch in hand held up as high as you can. Torch up high, body and pistol down low. If its dark enough, people tend to shoot at the light, while you pop em in the leg!

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
                                quite a good trick i discovered at a night game, is when going round dark corners, crouching, with a torch in hand held up as high as you can. Torch up high, body and pistol down low. If its dark enough, people tend to shoot at the light, while you pop em in the leg!
                                that sounds bleddy awsome but what if they shot at the light and hit you hand OUCHY !!!
                                good tatics though thanks

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

omnomnom Find out more about omnomnom
                                Working...
                                X