Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maruzen type 96

MARUZEN TYPE 96

When I first started sniping I had the TM G3-SG1 with a more powerful spring added, this on single shot was a fantastic stand in as single action sniper rifle although a bit on the bulky side it served its purpose very well, until I wanted a bolt action rifle.
    Then along came zero-one airsoft, after finding out there was to be a L96 (British Infantry Sniper Rifle) on the market that was all I ever wanted. After toying with the idea of an M24, i decided to save up for this quite expensive weapon which I paid £460 (upgraded) but I knew this was the one. And a monster of a rifle it is.
    Although coming as a basic weapon ie, no scope, bi-pod the cost was going through the roof straight away. With basic add-ons to purchase separately such as scope, rings, bi-pod.

Arrival
    The ëí96íí comes neatly boxed up with mag loading rod, cleaning rod and the tiny packet of BBís that went straight in the bin, manual and a few targets. Very little assembly required, only having to attach the stock to the ëíworkingíí parts via 2 hex key bolts. I purchased the upgraded version with upgraded Internals
    Teflon Cylinder, Cylinder Head, Spring Guide, Piston, Piston Head
    that took it up-to 500fps (money well spent) And away I went.
    The first shot I took was without a scope just to see the flight of the bb and never have I been so amazed at the accuracy of an airsoft weapon, straight as an arrow and i hit a broom handle at the bottom of the garden. WOW.
    Loading the mag is as easy as 1 2 3 with the mag loader and the mag takes 29 rounds

The weapon is a very sturdy built rifle with very few parts, very easy to diss & re assemble. Also has an Adjustable Cheek Piece which is an added bonus for perfectly sighting the scope. One thing that I did notice that made the huge barrel move slightly was the fact itís a floating barrel and there is a gap around 3mm between the barrel and the body of the ëí96íí which as a matter of personal preference I slid in a piece of hose pipe cut down one side and laid out flat in-between the barrel and body, no more movement.
    The weapon comes in a black finish which wasnít a problem as I was always going to paint it up. The only problem I has was the safety catch is very flimsy and stopped working after around 5 skirmishes due to a metal part breaking. Although easily fixed.

After adding a scope and a bi-pod and a nice green paint job it was time to take it to the range, I had the use of an old council hall with a huge corridor, not sure on range but it went the length of the building. After setting up a target æ of a mile away (ok not quite)
    I went to work zeroing in the weapon and adjusting hop-up to suit. The hop up is a little fiddly to use as you need a hex key to adjust, but after about 20min of range work I was hitting a target approx 8in sq and getting 8 out of 10 rounds in a group, in the diameter of a pint glass, which again amazed me, the accuracy of this weapon is phenomenal.
    And a full clean and oil down after every shoot/ skirmish has kept her in A1 condition.
    A fantastic weapon all-round and one that will be in my armoury for years to come, now awaiting a silencer and finishing touches to the overall camouflage and she will look like a beautiful beastÖlol

I would highly recommend to any one who wants a ëí96íí (sniper rifle) to pay that little bit extra and get this Maruzen APS version, upgrades are endless and you will have yourself a wonderful time snipingÖ.Trust me
    (Although I donít think zero-one sell this as a complete upgraded weapon anymore but all the upgradeable parts are available)

Personal marks for this weapon 8-10 and 10-10 (after upgrading)

Thanks for checking this out. ëíAnd donít forget this review is my personal opinionííÖ.CheersÖMark
    Warrior L96
    TM FULL STOCK M4 s-system
    A&K M249 para
    WE High Capa 5.1 GBB

Trade feedback http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7927

Re: maruzen type 96

great review mate, i'm lookin into getting one with about 6-7 laylax upgrades, but i dont think it has a different inner barrel, will this need to be changed to improve performance? and it will be up at the 500 fps mark, so similar to yours but 2nd hand, what is the accuracy and average (person size) shooting distance of your baby?

cheers

-kev
    Originally posted by The Keeper of Secrets
    It's a well known fact that more Magpul on your M4 = bigger penis.

Comment

I have one of these upgraded and I highly recommend a prometheus tightbore, accuracy is improved loads also I recommend getting some laylex barrel spacers:D
      sigpic
      Fear the Red Berret!!!

Comment

Yea it has four barrell spacers, what are the specs of this barrell you have mentioned mate?

Comment

Laylax Prometheus 6.03mm EG Barrel 550mm M16A1/A2/VN Aug (Plus)

If you add a nice big silencer on as well you can fit a 650mm barrel!!!

they're sold on land warrior, but zeroone might do them, if they dont they should!!!

its well worth it for the increased accuracy consistancy
          sigpic
          Fear the Red Berret!!!

Comment

hello mate i've found that barrel on the land of warriors is it an easy fit or is a machine chop job? just managed to tune my l96 to have 10 shots all hit an A4 piece of paper with a grouping of 6 shots within 4" from 70m :D :D i want to be hitting flies at that range

Comment

no its a straight forward swap

but if u wnt to be hitting flies a 6.01 pdi barrel is a must
              sigpic
              Fear the Red Berret!!!

Comment

with the Laylax Prometheus 6.03mm, will it fit into a stock hopup or does it need to be a PDI hopup?

thanks

Comment

This stock or "ASG SVD" ?

Comment

Good review getting one stock any one know if they are any good

Comment

just got a second hand maruzen type 96 with a pdi 6.01 barrel, and a m120 spring fitted what other upgrades would be best to get this rifle up a bit more with distance as my bbs are going thru the same hole over and over again unbelievable accuracy but im having to aim high as the bbs are not travelling the distance required.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SGTSNIPER Find out more about SGTSNIPER
                      Working...
                      X