L1a1 slr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: L1a1 slr

This is mine with a very very early 1950s wood kit on it. So early that it has broad arrow 'war dept' stamps on the woodwork!

The woods probably worth more than the rifle

- - - Updated - - -

And again, same rifle.

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Despite being a huge Armalite AR-15 fan & prefering AR platforms in general for gaming, I felt a wee change was due. Having had an ARES L1A1 SLR for the last 6 years or so I decided some time ago that I would revamp it & source the original wooden furniture, for those more 'vintage' impressions.

As such, earlier in the year, I managed to get my hands on this lovely complete matching set for a pretty penny...

By now, I'd long planned on having all the parts changed over, with the exception of the pistol grip ofcourse. But...after hearing that I might have to screw around & modify the stock to make it fit my AEG I was real hesitant about going ahead with it - given that this set would look the biz on a deact SLR a mate has told me he might let go in the future. Normally, I dont go in for deacts as its about All Airsoft for me. However, at the potential price mentioned, well... I could be very tempted. So, I put the the idea on hold & the parts have largely remained in the box whilst I considered it.

But! Seeing ARES are set to introduce a wooden furniture SLR & with the strong possibility of a seperate set becoming available too, well, I guess its: problem solved

& whilst Im showing this lovely set, I figured I post this too...

A Borneo kit set-up I took months back after literally unpackaging the set. As you can tell, I was that eager to see how this would look I didnt even wait to finish my tea..."without which no Briton can face his future."

Rustys Rigs & Old School SAS/SBS Airsoft on Facebook & Old School SAS Airsoft on Instagram

Comment

Hi; do RS top covers fit on L1A1/FAL AEGs??? I think no, because the receiver is too wide... I definetly think about CA SA58.

Thanx!

Comment

My one on the half way between FAL and L1A1.
            20170224_175956_zpswz1ateby.jpg

So I'll make and change all the different parts.

Comment

• right arm of the free world..
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bad Reputation army Find out more about Bad Reputation
              Working...
              X