L1a1 slr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: L1a1 slr

i have a STAR L1A1 but its abit poorly at the moment needing a new cylinder head and nozzle anyone know where i can get some replacements -OR- which ones i can mod to fit as i am struggling to find parts, or is there anyway to swap the parts out to make em standardised parts in the box itselft
    Do Something Brave....Then Run Like Hell!
    ::Yorkshire Airsoft:: http://www.yorkshireairsoft.co.uk
    ::Cold War Warriors 1985 - 1995:: http://coldwarwarriors.proboards.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jay8 View Post
      Frikken Awesome Dorsettrooper.

I've fancied making one of those as a project gun for a while. Looks incrediable. I would also guess it's quite expensive and time consuming though. Any chance of a really short rundown of what you need/what alterations need to be made, and rough costs?

And post it up in the Brit Weapons thread too - it's short on SLRs!
      Cheers,

Quick summary ....

Hanguard will fit without alterations , as will the carry handle and the real steel rear sight.
      The stock needs about 15 mins of wood working to get a nice tight fit , I decided not to hollow out the entire stock as a stocktube type lipo fits really well in the recess where the oil bottle should go , a few taps with a chisel to bridge a route between chambers in the stock for the wires to run is all that's needed.
      The stock bolt will although become obsolete so you have to either #1 use a lot of epoxy putty to hold it solidly in place .....
      Or #2 which I did which was to drill a 5mm hole at the rear just below the rear sight , glue in a 5mm steel pin then drill a 4mm hole in the wood stock , drip super glue into the hole them press fit the 5mm pin into the 4mm hole to get a really tight fit.

Cost wise , what I paid was
      Stock £17 , hinged stockplate £17 , sling swivel and screws £15 , rear iron sights £15 , carry handle £20 , front handguards £85 .
      Availability on handguards is really dodgy at the moment , took me ages to find them . So bad infact I contemplated buying a deac just to get them !
      Ekke Ekke Ekke Ekke Ptang Zoo Boing Zow Zing

Comment

Any L1A1 should have a Walnut pistol grip if authenticity is a consideration..IMHO

Originally It was glued onto the receiver with Araldite and baked.
        Last edited by basil-henriques; 11 May, 2012, 03:20.

Comment

The motor wont fit inside a real wood grip though

Comment

The fore grip wood in the photo is G1-FN-Fal wood.

Comment

Originally posted by BorgCymru View Post
              Mine arrives Thursday Can't wait.
              where did u get yours from

The Impossible i can do, Miracles take slightly longer .
              But all problems are solved with a brew and a fag.

Comment

I know that a shop in Portsmouth has some coming in this week or next. Already paid for mine.
                Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawke View Post
                  I know that a shop in Portsmouth has some coming in this week or next. Already paid for mine.
                  what make r they and can they get hold of magazines for the ares 1

Comment

Originally posted by big smudge View Post
                    where did u get yours from
                    Off here second hand, but it had problems. Slowly getting it fixed.

Comment

<Upset lots of people mode>

I've just bought the last 2 in Europe

Comment

mines been stuck with customs and parcel farse for 3 weeks but hopefully will have it this week finally then just need to get extra mags lol

Comment

Out of interest whats the correct size of the inner barrel. Mine came with 2 a 560 Black Python and a 410 steel one.

Comment

Originally posted by big smudge View Post
                            mines been stuck with customs and parcel farse for 3 weeks but hopefully will have it this week finally then just need to get extra mags lol
                            Wheres it coming from ?

Comment

a friend of mine has imported it for me from HK but parcel farse and customs have just been sitting on it so i've been told

Comment

The swines, don't they understand..............

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bad Reputation army Find out more about Bad Reputation
                                Working...
                                X