Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference Between The Tokyo Marui VSR 10 Pro & The G Spec

Hi guys

Looking for some help on the difference between Tokyo Marui Pro and the G spec

Points I have found so far though they do tend to contradict each other all depending on where you are getting your information. The information I want at the moment is only relating to the stock gun with no upgrades.

Shorter Barrel (Barrel length doesn’t affect the accuracy or range?)
    Silencer Included
    Tight Bore Barrel Pre Fitted (What’s the diameter)
    2 Point Hop Up (Does this make any difference to range?)
    Scope Rail Pre Fitted
    When opening up the gun internals on the G-Spec there is no need to drill out the pin on the cylinder head, if this is true why, please explain ?
    More responsive trigger on the G-Spec
    Cocking Bolt is reinforced and stronger, and has a different look to it, faster reload ?

Types Of TM VSR 10 On The MarketVSR-10 Pro-sniper version
    VSR-10 Pro-sniper version Tan
    VSR-10 Pro-hunter version
    VSR-10 Pro-hunter version Black
    VSR-10 Real Shock Version Wood
    VSR-10 G-Spec
    VSR-10 G-Spec OD

I do have another couple of questions though would like answers to the above points first, thanks for taking the time to reply

Re: Difference Between The Tokyo Marui VSR 10 Pro & The G Spec

The g-spec is quieter, and has a different style bolt handle which is easier to use, but doesn't look as good imo, the one the pro has sometimes gets in the way of your scope, depending which you have and how it's mounted. The gspec is one of the quietest bolt actions you can get. The barrel length shouldnt make much difference, everyone seems to think longer barrels make huge differences, when they don't, it fires 280fps stock, so the bb should reach max velocity in a 330mm barrel easily. So really it's down to personal preference, what looks you want etc.

Where have you found info saying the gspec has a tightbore barrel? I think it may do, but it's 6.04 if it is, its part of the upgraded hop up you can get i think. If the cylinder pin is drilled like you said, it is simply making it easier for you to modify the internals, e.g putting new spring in. I wouldn't of though the trigger mech is any different to that of the pro sniper? And again i am pretty sure both would have the same cylinder, thought the internals of the cylinder are different, i think?

Give me a shout if you need a hand mate, may is suggest though if you are not planning on upgrading it, go for an L96, they shoot around 450fps stock, compared to the 280fps of the vsr, yes it's not all about fps, but 200 will make a difference.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, so the cylinder head does need to have the pin drilled out, the gun I have bought is a stock gun out of the box. I'm sure I had read that the head was different on the G-Spec and that the pin did not need drilling out. Are there any other G-Spec owners that can confirm this ??

Comment

Which version do you have at the minute, the pro sniper? If so, yes it does need the pin drilling, unless it's 2nd hand and already been done.

Comment

Joshh1512 its a G-Spec thats has not been upgraded

Comment

New G-specs have pins that need drilling out like mine did, It's to stop japs upgrading their snipers over the legal limit but its only a ten minute job but it must be done properly otherwise you'll nacker the cylinderhead.

Cheers,
            Russell
            sigpic

Comment

I bought a tm pro hunter g the other day and the cylinder does need drilling and also it is crimped on the end so there was no way of getting the cylinder head off

Comment

I'm bumping this as well - what's the easiest way of upgrading the G-SPEC? I have one I got 10 years ago and it's totally stock and never been upgraded!
                I would like to increase fps and all that...

Is the barrel really 6.04 stock on the gspec? So does that mean I don't have to replace the barrel?
                Thanks

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Exibit Find out more about Exibit
                Working...
                X