bb proof riot shields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bb proof riot shields

What are you sites rules on someone using a shield?

is it cheating?
    my opinion is that if its a large annoying to carry and hard to run with it acceptable.
    but if its like a bin lid NO.

i like the idea of a airsoft roman testudo formation lol

or going down a corridor and the enemy thinking i got you, when really a "wall" is just getting closer and closer lol
    http://zeroin.co.uk/image.php?type=s...ine=1296170949

I think they would be awesome and have often thought about purchasing one . However I think general public would be against it as you'd be practically invisible apart from side attacks but some people never think tactically.
    sigpic

Comment

Re: bb proof riot shields

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=51717

Comment

Dont see a problem realy.
        My site allows there use but, they can be no more than 1m by 1/2m and only a pistol used while the shield is being used.

Comment

was thinking about making one to go with my umbrella trooper loadout one just from the resident evil film

Comment

we only allow the ones we own to be used on site so that we can conthrol when they are put into play and the rules are very clearly defined for them

Comment

Strictly speaking this isn't on a site, but it was on one of our bits of land
              with some mates, basically one of my mates decided he would try and be hardcore and make one.

So he makes the perspex bit out of cardboard, and leaves a square which he uses as his screen too see through and then has a second layer of cardboard on the back, with some leather strapped on with duck tape for arm band things.

So he's coming towards me and my mate, with my brother behind him and i have my vsr my mate has a mp5k so i got him too lay some rounds down and keep him stationary.

Meanwhilst i squeezed of some rounds at the perspex and i cracked it and shot my brother through it in the neck ... LOL

Just as i fire off the third shot too hit my brother again (he slagged off my vsr ) my mates head pops up and hits him in the forehead.

Baring in mind this is when the only upgrades i had where an m120 spring and laylax cylinder head, and no scope bolted on i think i can rightfully say

EPIC FAIL too them.
              Need VSR advice? Get in contact I may be able to help!

Comment

ah I bought one of those ex riot sheilds off the bay of e. Have always loved it but have always been scared to use it in fear of other peoples reactions! Tis nice to know there are people out there who would not mind me using such a thing.

Comment

Maby an "unbreakable" one isn't the best. A thick cardboard one that can eventually take damage would be quite cool

Comment

gayest thing anyone can ever come up with, im sure if you shot me in the chest, and i said im wearing a plate carrier it doesnt count someone would complain, if i wearing a helmet then headshots dont count.
                    id personally ignore any shots taken from this, unless my rounds counted as armour piercing rounds

Comment

i think its perfectly fine as its only a game after all

Comment

My site don't allow-

It counts like any other weapon and therefore, if it's hit- you're out!

besides, riot shelds are to deflect blunt projectiles and weaponary- not ballistics!
                        sigpic

Comment

Some sort of destructible cheap shield would make more sense in play.

However at GZ if you play god mode with it your in trouble, you get a few hits with it then it has to go.

Comment

At Sabre force we have/borrow some of the paint ballers ballistic riot shields that i believe are used by west mercia police.They are good fun especially when you can hear the bb's ricocheting off it.They also link together so you could have 2 people or more they lock together and you could make like a defensive circle which is all good.
                            Yogi
                            JG MP5 SD5/C02 Desert Eagle/ICS L86 LSW/Upgraded Warrior L96/Dynatech BFG

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=104660

Comment

I've only seen shields used in LARP style scenarios. The rule there was it would protect you from one good burst of semi-auto or half a dozen single shots and then you had to drop it. It seemed to work well at keeping things fair for both sides.

Both teams had more realistic ammo capacity/rates of fire than most skirmishes, though.
                              My good man, why do you bandy words like this? You are wasting time...Words are potent in debate, deeds in war decide your fate. Then don't go on piling up the words, but fight!
                              - Patroclos, The Iliad

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

born2die Find out more about born2die
                              Working...
                              X