• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pictures of your Systema PTW

thst ris is familiar

Comment

got a question on systema's, I'm currently selling all my and saving up to get one! But I want to know what I can do with ti right out of the box. So can I use a lipo in it out of the box? Also can you use any mags or does it have to be the PTW mags?

Comment

You can use a lipo and PTW compatible mags.

Comment

PTW mags are very different to normal aeg ones, a few different brands make them though

08 ptw's onwards will take lipos straight up, but will need the fet board shortening if you want to fit a lipo in the stock tube and have it collapse properly
          Systema PTW M4A1 - TM M14 - KSC Glock 17 - WE 1911 MEU - TM Hi Capa race gat

Comment

• My 2010 PTW Max II, all Tac mods.

2010 Celcius CTW MX2.

Both have real steel RIS and sling mounts. PTW has RS utg rail covers, storm grip, sight rail with mini red dot, KAC hand stop.

G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Comment

Nice hand stop, dude :D

Comment

Originally posted by The Reptile House View Post
                Nice hand stop, dude :D
                haha thought you might like it
                G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Comment

mike what's the celcius like in comparison to the ptw?

Comment

Originally posted by V.A.K View Post
                    mike what's the celcius like in comparison to the ptw?
                    It's nowhere near mate to be honest, looks the part but not very reliable. Only just got mine and it's firing auto when at semi and the motor and wiring are overheating.
                    Getting it looked at tonight by a mate who knows his stuff. Bought it as a back up for the PTW mainly cos the parts are interchangeable.
                    Long term plan is to replace the internals with Systema parts as and when they need replacing

Comment

Well, I finally got one!

Comment

Not to everyone's taste but I'm not a fan of clean/new looking guns so I took some sandpaper and a file to it to see what I could do with it.

It'll be a little bit more even as soon as my KAC RAS arrives (which I'll take sandpaper to) but until then it stands like this.

Criticisms are always welcome, as is advice to make the weathering better.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Wow. Way too much wear in my eyes. Dont think even a real steal will ever get like that!

I have decided I need one of these in my life. No discussions needed!

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post
                            Wow. Way too much wear in my eyes. Dont think even a real steal will ever get like that!

I have decided I need one of these in my life. No discussions needed!
                            Literally just took it outside and dulled everything down with some krylon.
                            To me it looks like I've just pulled it out of a fire.

Comment

Jsmithy, sorry to say thats way too much for mee too mate, how anyone could weather over a grands worth of gun is beyond me, but yeah i think youve overworked it mate. Glad you finally got one though mate, one day ill have one, one day lol
                              sigpic

Comment

Yeah I agree with the above I'm afraid, I just couldn't bring myself to attack my PTW. I do like worn guns but the wear was in the wrong places there and a bit too extreme.
                                Think your best bet mate would be to give it a spray job, I'd probably use tan and black and go for a black base with tan 'stripes', did this to my old L119a1 and loved the look.
                                As the tan spray gets worn the black comes through and looks good.
                                I've worn and painted quite a few shooters so of you want advice give me a pm mate and I might have some pics about of ones I've done in the past

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Robrego Rob, 20 and live beyond the boundaries of civilization... Find out more about Robrego
                                Working...
                                X