X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WWII guns...

Outstanding Richie.

Comment

• Re: WWII guns... Newest Edition...Sten Replica!!

Hi guys, me again!

I have just received some new editions! There all Denix Replicas, but have been "Professionally" weathered and painted by me, to look as close as damn it to the real thing??? For those who have seen my other Replica weapons, especially my WWII stuff you will know I spare no expense, or time to achieve that "Correct" look wherever possible?

This Sten MKII, like all other Denix Replicas come in a black finish, that I feel is not up to standard!!?? Like a Model, they aren't great right out of the box, so you have to manipulate and add to reach the goal you set out for yourself. Everyone's opinion is different? This one is mine!!

To start with I stripped it down to its component parts. Rubbed all the black off, as much as possible, then gave it a light coat of Gun Metal. Then I rubbed defining areas to give better effect, and finally a coat of Satin Varnish was applied. I bought real mags topped of with 9mm inert rounds, slings, and I have real Cocking Handles coming soon?. I also bought the more attractive Skeleton Stocks as I find them not only more appealing, but more comfortable to hold?? The pictures show the Sten alongside another one I have yet to do up, just to show the difference between the two!!

While this is not an add as such yet, I'm going to be doing several different versions of these Denix Replica Sub-Machine Guns up to sell. Price will be dependent on the Gun, and work gone into it? But they will be round about £200 posted? It will appeal more to the Reenactment/Collector side of things, as I realize this is predominantly an Airsoft site.

Comments welcome.

Richie.

Comment

• Re: WWII guns... Newest Edition...Sten Replica!!

look good, cocking handle lets it down, pm me if you want a better one
        Phil

Paypal Registerd

Comment

Outstanding Richie, spot on mate, the square stock looks so much better than the T-stock. I will PM you about an order for one mate, and discus what else you're planning on turning out.

Comment

Cheers Taff mate.

Richie.

Comment

• Re: WWII guns...Updated Thommo!

Hi guys,

I know I've already posted my Thommo up on here before but I've made a couple of slight adjustments so I thought I'd throw it on here for a view? I got a real pistol grip with the bolt off ebay yesterday so I slapped that on. I had to drill a hole to accommodate the bolt but it was no problem. The pistol grip had a nice shape to it, but it was almost black in colour, so I sanded it off to started again. It was beat up and scratched through real world use, so it made the front and rear stocks look "Too New"?? I sanded them down then "Beat" them up with a Claw Hammer, plyers, screwdrivers and ruff files to try get a similar effect? Then I re-stained them. Finally a little sanding to certain areas to finish off. I'm happy with it!! I'm buying these and other Denix Sub-Machine Guns to do up and sell on, if anyone interested in a particular model/quote them please drop me a pm in my inbox?

Cheers for now.

Richie.

Comment

• Re: WWII guns...Denix MP41, and its brother!!!

Hi guys,

Just a few pics of the latest project to do up and hopefully sell?? MP41. Completely stripped down to it's bare bones and redone! It was quite an effort to file out the magwell to accommodate the real magazine, but I got there in the end. Colour of the metal looks a nice worn style and the stock, once sanding it down and taking a hammer, screwdriver etc to it was re-varnished then rubbed down a little once more. I put my MP40 i recently redone along side her for the photo-opp. The gun actually looks a little darker in the flesh, it's a little bright out there this morning, for once! A couple of the pics show it before work done!

Hope you guys think she looks ok?

Richie.

Comment

Again Richie, great work mate, the 41 looks awesome with the weathered look, and being a 41 model, in my opinion, the wooden stock really stands out, right proper work Richie, spot on fella.

Comment

OK, not strictly a WWII weapon (although they were trialed with certain unties in 1944-45) but here's my latest addition, the Sterling

Comment

Cheeky BAR-98k with full ham internals, Real stock and other furniture, Semi Era scope and home-made bolt handle.

Comment

• Re: WWII guns....M1 Garand, MP44, and the 1911

Hi guys.

I've been doing some replicas up for some chaps, so I thought I'd show a few pics off in this section again as it's been a while.

Their all Denix replicas.

Richie.

Comment

• Re: WWII guns...Just a few more for you guys

Comment

• How about some cheeky Shoei Gewehr 43 ABBR action?

Box

Rig

Glory

Comment

• Nice G43!

Two of my "precious" WWII guns:

Tanaka Arisaka Type44 Cavalry
                              tanakaarisakatype44-0d0sgl.jpg
                              tanakaarisakatype44-01ssuh.jpg

G&G M1903 converted to USMC Sniper version using a realsteel C-stock, Unertl reproduction scope and several realsteel metal parts:
                              ggm1903usmcsniper02v1kvc.jpg

ggm1903usmcsniper01gajn5.jpg
                              Last edited by Pydracor; 5 November, 2020, 21:27.

Comment

• Hm, looks like I'm posting alone here - where are the WWII fans?

One of the very few non-airsoft modelguns in the collection:
                                Shoei FG42 late version. If you ever get the opportunity to get your hands on one of these, take it! They re superbly built and incredibly nice collector's pieces.
                                Had 2 of them for a while, the one without scope is sold by now.
                                The one with scope has a very rare real ZF4 with even rarer, highly professionally reproduced Krieghoff mount rings made of steel.

shoeifg42x201h1jny.jpg

shoeifg42x2051pk13.jpg

shoeifg4zf401hljv8.jpg

shoeifg42x202ywkwn.jpg

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

kommissarboris Find out more about kommissarboris
                                Working...
                                X