Achtung Kameraden!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Achtung Kameraden!

Hi folks, heres the old man and wee bros latest on das front! the kit is still a working progress (whens it ever not!) but if your into or thinking of getting SS gear then hopefully youll find them useful in some way! cheers.

acting his best at the 1000 yard stare! haha!

Rustys Rigs & Old School SAS/SBS Airsoft on Facebook & Old School SAS Airsoft on Instagram

Re: Achtung Kameraden!!!!!

Nice pics! Although get that MP44 stock revarnished!! That orangy crap ruins the look. And your wee bro is looking pose-tastic in that first pic!! :p

I'm guessing your Dad is also on the CIA forum then? Sure I recognise the face....
    Life is a short warm moment, death is a long cold rest,
    you get your chance to try, in the twinkling of an eye,
    eighty years with luck or even less.

Comment

Excellent pictures and loadouts, very good!

I'm no expert if it all matches in terms of era, theatre or anything - but to me that looks like the complete works. Could be some stills from the new "Band Of Brothers" or similar!

Comment

yeah mate thats him! ah, the mp44 stock..there was a weird reaction between the stain & the varnish..& he tried his best to get it off! so yeah need redone! this is the silver agm version (as the black one was out of stock!). cheers
        Rustys Rigs & Old School SAS/SBS Airsoft on Facebook & Old School SAS Airsoft on Instagram

Comment

Is it? Nice job on the blue-ing then. I sanded the stocks of mine (and everyone I know!!) back and restained with a varnish that was a few shades darker than I wanted the stock to be, so with that really light wood, and overly dark stain, it came out just as I wanted it! On first look, I thought that was still the stuff that the stock came with on the one in the pics! Bloody nice overall impression though.

Comment

thanks mate, im sure they appreciate it! it was a good laugh doing it, theyre not supposed to represent any unit/battle per se. blu-ing?? thats 2 coats of plasti-kote's finest matt black on that & my dad's mp44 too, aswell (although not shown). we've heard of the ways in which you can make it more 'real looking' but they were too impatient to get using them! lol!

yeah if you look at the stock on the mg34..thats the way they intended to get it, more of a dark reddish finish. but they'll get round to squaring it up at some point (it'll be left me no doubt!) lol. cheers.

Comment

very nice.

Boris
              K98 sale ----> http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1216243

Comment

Only thing off that I can see are the SS collar patches on your wee brothers tunic. But that is it really. If you could get some more Panzergrenadeir patches like your dad is wearing it would be prefect as far as I can tell.

Comment

Originally posted by URI ORLOV View Post
                  . blu-ing?? thats 2 coats of plasti-kote's finest matt black on that & my dad's mp44 too
                  Heh, I knew it wasn't REAL blue-ing, but it is a nice finish. Had researched getting mine done with real Blue-ing by a mate, but it was likely to have just eaten the metal I was told.

Comment

they were actually looking into plasti kotes 'graphite' as a potential colour to spray it, because they thought it may have the same silverish results as the real one below..but as i say in the end they just opted for the matt black for quickness. you heard of anyone using the graphite mate???

Comment

Originally posted by Abbadon101 View Post
                      Only thing off that I can see are the SS collar patches on your wee brothers tunic. But that is it really. If you could get some more Panzergrenadeir patches like your dad is wearing it would be prefect as far as I can tell.

Yeah mate, they went for completely different insignia for some reason! ive not got ww2 german kit myself but if did i would have went for something more rarer like hungarian or norwegian SS or... british free corp (only kidding!!!)

Comment

Originally posted by URI ORLOV View Post
                        you heard of anyone using the graphite mate???

Nope, but with it being black, just sand it back with wire wool (after removing the internals obviously!!) all over, then a harded grade of sandpaper over the top surface, and you get the right kind of effect. Will try and get a pic of mine up soon.

Comment

Any idea where you get the MG42? or it a kit for something else?

Comment

Our mg34 is a deact unfortunately- my father is a WW2 collector aswell as an airsoft enthusiast. its not for airsoft. but we're told theres a company called 'vevo' i think that make custom ones to order. but give it time...some company like AGM or somehting will make them as standard, hopefully!

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost MacRoth View Post
                              Nope, but with it being black, just sand it back with wire wool (after removing the internals obviously!!) all over, then a harded grade of sandpaper over the top surface, and you get the right kind of effect. Will try and get a pic of mine up soon.
                              please do get a picture up, and thats the exact same "wearing" effect i do to my ak's. wire wool rocks.

Boris
                              K98 sale ----> http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1216243

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Brandon 35 Years old been playing airsoft since i was 9- the days before AEGs were the norm. Find out more about Brandon
                              Working...
                              X