The Big Bad WWII Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Big Bad WWII Thread

Far too much modern kit kicking about this forum chaps. Too many acronyms! Not enough tea and crumpets!

A few in game pictures

Me on the left

The kit

A good reference photo for a Commando or Para

Still need to get hold of toggle rope and a gas mask bag. I'm also toying with the idea of a few dummy mills bombs to sit on my webbing. Undecided on whether or not I want to use a helmet or not.

Have at you Jerry!

Re: The Big Bad WWII Thread

I want an Enfield! Was'nt there talk of a chinese one on the way a while back?
    HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

Onwards comrades! For the soviet union! CHAARGE!

I want to get more 'in game' pics

Comment

oops didn't realise this was in the British section . Oh well, WW2 ftw!

Comment

Continue at your leisure comrade. Probably should have put this in the general gear section to allow for more interest. I always had a bit of a soft spot for soviet kit but I'd be the only one at my site. Sad times.

And yes, Devlin, there was quite a while back but I'm honestly not sure what came of it. I think it was AGM that were doing it and they seem to have focused more on AEGs now. Sadly.

It's quite a sight seeing 4-5 lads with Enfields charging up a hill, ha!

Comment

An affordable and usable Enfield is long overdue along with the Sterling.
            HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

Google isn't much use either. I've not heard good things about Shoot and Scoot's .303s, but I'll reserve judgement until I actually have a go with one.
              As for a Sterling, I'm amazed that one hasn't been done.
              Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawke View Post
                As for a Sterling, I'm amazed that one hasn't been done.
                ISTR there was an external airbottle one made commercially a long time ago.

As for AEG:
                There's a build thread on the UK WW2 airsoft forum where someone has built 3 out of metal and Thompson gearboxes.

Comment

External airbottle seems somewhat bulky and impractical.
                  Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

Yeah. Think small-calibre paintball gun. <SHUDDERS>

Comment

Sideshow Bob "huuurrgh" (steps on rake) "huuuuurgh". Ad infinitum.

MP5 Midcap magazine, M14 Gear box, and someone who can knock up a body, Robert = Mother's sibling.

Battery could be an issue. Really hadn't thought that through.
                      Last edited by Hawke; 26 July, 2011, 02:41. Reason: Not thinking straight.

Comment

Oh baby, the Lee Enfield makes me a little weak at the knees.
                        Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

Lee Enfield is yer genuine, actual MAN'S weapon. Grr, and other manly noises. Seriously, why isn't there an affordable one?

Comment

MP5 Midcap magazine, M14 Gear box, and someone who can knock up a body, Robert = Mother's sibling.
                            M14 GB is the wrong shape as-is. The Serling's design lends itself far better to a motor in the grip. The sten could use a modified M14 box because the trigger is so far back, and there's room for the motor above it.

Battery could be an issue. Really hadn't thought that through.
                            The ones I mentioned earlier in the thread use a setup similar to the Viva and first-version AGM Stens - a small-ish LiPo in the back of the receiver. The Stens can fit an 850mAh LiPo in there.

Comment

Having been in the office since just before 8, I have spent the time wisely, and see your point about the Thompson gearbox. I really ought to do some real work. Can't see it happening yet though. Right off to see the fabricators with some "ahem" propositions to put to them. Stay tuned.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

insanity prawn boy I'm dislexic and Scottish, it's a hell of a combination. Find out more about insanity prawn boy
                              Working...
                              X