Tactics/Beginners guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactics/Beginners guide

Is there anywhere where I can view a tactics guide for airsoft or a general "how to"? I've not played before but I was wondering if there was somewhere for new players that says "Use a grenade in this situation" "This is the best way to shoot" etc?
    I've seen some real shocking pics of people holding guns with the butt of the rifle resting on top of their shoulders etc so I'm guessing I'm not the only one who could do with a few pointers!

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul - not really no-

There is a sniping tactics thread .

Generally I find what ever feels right and is comfy then go for it . There is no play book saying at x time do this or it would be massive!

I find that reading over peoples mistakes/ funniest moments will help .
    sigpic

Comment

Re: Tactics/Beginners guide

Almost all military tactics are transferable, so pretty much google 'military tactics' or any variation and start reading.

As with pretty much everything else in life though, there's a marked difference between book knowledge and experience...

Your best bet is to get out and do it;

Donk's top tip is to identify the best players on the opposition and go against them. If they hand you your ass, analyse what you'd have done differently, then go and do it again.
      Play, Analyse, Adjust, Repeat.
      Originally posted by andre the giant
      ...most of us like a balance of shooting and drinking tea.

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll look up some millitary tactics and I'll get out there and get some games, I've got my first one on the 19th!

Comment

keep your weapon in to your shoulder - this isn't for realism or looking cool, it is very practical.
          It makes you more accurate as you will look down the barrel and can follow your shots.

tread softly on the heels of your foot if you can.

A general good bit of advice is to have your weapon pointing where ever you look. - this is often not done by many new players and they can be hit a s a result.

Don't stand in a group - one short burst will take the whole lot out. - ie keep a good spacing.

Cover is your friend.

as for grenades - a group of people clustered some where is a good time to use a grenade against them. - enemy stuck in bunkers etc.

All the best

Andy
          Originally posted by Coz
          Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
          http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

These are 10 general commandments I tend to play by. These aren't really tactics, just general advice. I'm also not so up myself I think these are gospel, so any corrections are more than welcome.

1. Take your hits.
            If you think you felt something impact on your webbing in a combat situation, best take it and avoid invoking marshal wrath.

2. Buddy up with someone friendly and stick with them.
            Going solo isn't for everyone and if it's your first few times, you'll learn a lot faster if you have a good teacher. If you and your buddy work well together, it's possible to seriously enjoy yourself, even if your team gets crushed overall.

3. Only take as much stuff as you reasonably think you could need.
            Unless you're a dedicated MilSim player, you probably won't need any hardcore survival equipment. On a standard day out, I draw the line at a penknife/multitool, a basic first aid kit and a bottle of water. Also, snacks are good. Twixes and PEQ boxes are a god-like combo.

4. Never underestimate your enemy.
            Even rentals can bounce back and get a few lucky shots here and there, so don't be all blasé about that one guy over there with a hire gun and trainers. Slot him from a distance and call it a day, there's really no need for a protracted firefight when you don't need one.

5. Watch your steps, spacings and surroundings.
            It might sound really obvious, but make sure you don't run into anything. The worst airsofting injuries I've seen are always ones caused when someone's face or other body part gets introduced to a tree at high velocity. Don't bunch up in a team, it makes you too easy to take out in one salvo. Also keep an eye on the terrain. Always ask yourself where you'd be waiting in ambush. It may give you the upper hand if you come under sniper fire.

6. Don't overdo it.
            A quick burst or double/triple tap usually does it for most players, no need to give them a plastic shower for them to dance and swear in. Unless they're not playing by rule one. In which case, go nuts.

7. Don't get distracted.
            At the end of the day, airsofting is still a military simulation, so if you're on sentry or guard duty, don't pull out a novel or start firing potshots at the local fauna. The more you pay attention, the more you can enjoy it. Feel free to banter away, just don't get too carried away.

8. The marshal is God.
            If they say you're out, you're out. Don't argue, whine or moan. Just take it.

9. Dress properly.
            Don't turn up for a skirmish in trainers and a hoody. Bring a good set of stomping boots (with ankle support if you can manage it) and wear the combats you usually get on a hire package or borrow some off a mate.

10. Have fun!
            Pretty self-explanatory - take the game seriously, but don't get worked up over it! If someone on the other team isn't taking their hits, tell a marshal or keep shooting until they do. Don't turn the air blue with comments on said opponents parentage or slurs on their mother's promiscuity, it kind of takes it down for the rest of us.

Comment

Thanks guys, that's great!

Comment

On that note, I know some places do tactical training, has GZ ever done any?
                sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

I'm newish to airsoft (first played last July). This weekend just gone, a few friends and I did the Modus Operandi Tactical Team Training at the old Mecca bingo hall in Reading. Not only was it thoroughly enjoyable, but it also helped me get to grips with some of the basic drills and tactics, from weapon and kit preparation, through stoppage drills and target practice, right up to effective use of grenades, and how to get the upper hand when entering and clearing rooms etc.

I have no previous military experience, I airsoft for the fun of it, but it's good to be able to better my skills all the same. It's more enjoyable to play the games, rather than spend the majority of a games day walking to/from the regen point/safe zone!

I'd highly recommend you get involved in a training event, if you get the chance to.
                  Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

Aren't MOTT a group of tv actors!
                    sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

Good tip for beginners....
                      Being able to quick scope on Call of Duty means jack sh*t! :D
                      Float like a butterfly,
                      Sting like a bb.

Comment

Originally posted by Machaon View Post
                        I'm newish to airsoft (first played last July). This weekend just gone, a few friends and I did the Modus Operandi Tactical Team Training at the old Mecca bingo hall in Reading. Not only was it thoroughly enjoyable, but it also helped me get to grips with some of the basic drills and tactics, from weapon and kit preparation, through stoppage drills and target practice, right up to effective use of grenades, and how to get the upper hand when entering and clearing rooms etc.

I have no previous military experience, I airsoft for the fun of it, but it's good to be able to better my skills all the same. It's more enjoyable to play the games, rather than spend the majority of a games day walking to/from the regen point/safe zone!

I'd highly recommend you get involved in a training event, if you get the chance to.
                        errm why were you taught stoppage drills??

care to share a few pointers with us then?? - I'm particularly interested in the cqb stuff.
                        cheers

Originally posted by hunter View Post
                        Good tip for beginners....
                        Being able to quick scope on Call of Duty means jack sh*t! :D
                        what a f*cking pointless post Hunter. How long have you been an airsofter? Clearly your forum etiquette needs work.

Andy
                        Originally posted by Coz

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Macka View Post
                          errm why were you taught stoppage drills??

care to share a few pointers with us then?? - I'm particularly interested in the cqb stuff.
                          cheers
                          When I say stoppage drills, I obviously don't mean we were taught how to clear our chambers etc, as one would on a real weapon, but we got to practice switching quickly from primary to sidearm, whilst still advancing on a target.

They taught about effective team work and each member having a specific role (method of entry, first assault, support, etc), instead of everyone piling in to the room at the same time, potentially falling over each other, shooting the wrong person, or generally just getting lit up. Much of it was basic, but good stuff all the same.
                          Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

Originally posted by Machaon View Post
                            When I say stoppage drills, I obviously don't mean we were taught how to clear our chambers etc, as one would on a real weapon, but we got to practice switching quickly from primary to sidearm, whilst still advancing on a target.

They taught about effective team work and each member having a specific role (method of entry, first assault, support, etc), instead of everyone piling in to the room at the same time, potentially falling over each other, shooting the wrong person, or generally just getting lit up. Much of it was basic, but good stuff all the same.
                            ahh I see - that makes more sense.

Sounds good mate. you should consider a proper right up.

Andy
                            Originally posted by Coz

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Macka View Post
                              what a f*cking pointless post Hunter. How long have you been an airsofter? Clearly your forum etiquette needs work.
                              I'm not so sure it's pointless.

Far too many new players assume they've hit their target just because it's in their sights and they always hit their target on computer games. Just look at the number of sniper rifles that get bought by people before they've even played a single game.
                              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Paul 8v Find out more about Paul 8v
                              Working...
                              X