Collapse

Tactics/Beginners guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't do what probably around half o players end up doing, having a range contest. After swapping out my guns for smaller ones, and getting more and more used to painful hits, I love to run about and get stuck in way more. And as a result, have a much better time! It also ends up being cheaper, I don't have to buy the best hop, tightbore, rubber, ammo, and just get on playing the game!

This weekend I'm gonna give my PDW a good go at woodland, despite my AK probably doing double the range

Comment

Re: Tactics/Beginners guide

Hello everyone, this is my first 'real' post on this forum (i.e. to talk about stuff, not ask about stuff).

I have been to only one skirmish so far, a CQB event in London (Bunker 51 hosted by **** *********). There was roughly 35-40 people there, and lots of rentals (interchange rentals with nubs ). Even though I was a nub myself, I had my own ICS CQB M4 Pistol, which I totally love, and found perfect for the game type.

Anyway, after my experience I decided to put some observations down, as I'm arranging a private game at the end of the month with my work mates (I'm trying to get them into Airsoft ).

This was my report:

Layout
      Don’t just look forward for the enemy, look all around you too. Try to familiarise yourself with the layout as quickly as possible. It’s not a big place (Bunker 51), but you can become disorientated, so look out for markers (e.g. a truck, missile silo). Think of it like learning a new map on CoD (**Edit: I imagine I will be cussed for saying this lol**).

Choke Points
      There are a few of them around. Once you find one, you MUST push through, or the other team have won. You will instinctively not want to go through a choke point. This is natural, and if you do it alone in a random fashion, you take a hit, and have achieved nothing. This is why you should...

Work as a team not an individual
      There were so many times when a bunch of us were held at choke points, each person peering round the one in front, taking poorly scoped shots. This can be avoided by working as a team. If there's 5 or 6 of you trying to move forward, you must group together. Someone get everyone else’s attention, and coordinate a charge. You’ll be surprised how brave you get when you know you’re in a rush team, and people are right behind you / in front of you. First in will probably take a hit, but those behind will be able to proceed through the field. I started using this tactic about halfway through the game, with good results. Use this tactic, it works.

It gets crazy in there, and there will be no central chain of command. I suggest working in fluid fire-teams. This means, gang together with whoever is in your vicinity at any one time, and work together. The teams will vary as people get hit and fall back, while reinforcements arrive to bolster the offensive. If no one is giving orders, step up and give it a go. In these situations, people do react well to orders – if it sounds like someone knows what to do, you listen to them! Kind of... lol

Communication
      On this point, communication is vital. We were all wearing plastic full face masks, which are quite hard to talk through. Don’t yell stuff at someone 10ft away, and expect them to understand you, because they probably won’t. If you have an idea on a move, talk to each other, and make sure they understand you. Also, it can be a bit of a giveaway if the enemy around the corner hears you yelling “ok, we go in on the count of 5...”. Get people’s attention, when you have it, I suggest signing your intentions as best you can.

Blue on Blue
      There is nothing friendly about friendly fire!

Illumination
      It gets dark, so if you have a small high powered torch, bring it! You will be able to use it to get light on a window to disorientate/dazzle a defender, or if you’re a defender, keep eyes on a likely entry point.

Anyways, I clearly don't know much, but these were my thoughts nevertheless.

I would be interested in feedback on this from more experienced players.

Needless to say, the above applies only to CQB situations. Woodland must be a totally different beast.

I hope I haven't overstepped the nub line with this

Comment

Beginners tactics 101- Flanking

Always, and I mean ALWAYS, try and hit the enemy from behind. If thats not possible, get them from the sides. If you go face to face against any enemy, the most experienced, the greatest newbie, the man with the £1000 PTW or the bloke with the spirnger pistol, there are always much greater chances for a cockup if he is also pointing a gun at you.
        G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
        RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Agree with Aeviv.

Also when your new don't worry about "short controlled bursts" chances are to begin with your gonna be a terrible shot (which i still am) so just keep firing untill your sure you've hit them, hit someone once and they could ignore/not notice it, hit them 2 or 3 times and there more likely to take the hit.

When i first started, which wasn't that long ago, i used to fire a burst, think i'd hit the enermy and stop shooting.... only for them to turn round and shoot back now that they have a fix on you. So shoot and keep shooting till your certain they are dead.

Comment

my top tip is to wait for a few minutes and adjust to your enviroment then your senses and the battle field will seem so much clearer

Comment

If anyone is interested I'd be happy to run individuals/groups through some fire-team/section battle drills. Still serving Platoon Weapons Instructor.
              Can cover the basics or more advanced stuff. No charge, can travel to a degree.

Comment

hey thought i post to this question if you wont to know tacts i say go buy a (soldiers pocket book) and it good if you learn stuff like hand signals as all airsoft players should then when you want to tell your mate something you can do without shouting then you have the eliment of surpise on the enemy lol.
                Keep your friends close but your enemy's CLOSER....

Comment

I find basic infantry tactics to be a bit of a waste on a normal walk on day. Unless everyone on your team is following them and there is clear comms it just turns into a free for all.

Comment

Personaly I do what feels right ther worst that can happen is you get shot

Comment

Bloody hail this thread is a goldmine for a newbie like me.

This is an excellent video for beginners tactics:

Last edited by Sniper Decoy; 9 March, 2019, 17:15.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Paul 8v Find out more about Paul 8v
                                Working...
                                X