Tactics/Beginners guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tactics/Beginners guide

but those aren't generally the sort asking for advice.
    Originally posted by Coz
    Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

I'd love to so a day like that or something. The magpul DVDs are a good start just for basic weapon handling, but things like team entries etc is something I'd love to do!

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
        team entries etc is something I'd love to do!
        I think I've seen those videos
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post
          I think I've seen those videos
          Hahahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Macka View Post
            errm why were you taught stoppage drills??

care to share a few pointers with us then?? - I'm particularly interested in the cqb stuff.
            Weapon firing, weapon firing, weapon stops. On looking in the chamber you can see the hop up has slipped and that your battery has fallen out of your crane stock!
            sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

Originally posted by Snowdrop View Post
              Weapon firing, weapon firing, weapon stops. On looking in the chamber you can see the hop up has slipped and that your battery has fallen out of your crane stock!
              ha ha ha!! reminds me of Colour Macrae! only it was all with a thick Scottish accent "We'p'n fiRing we'p'n fiRing....." LOL.

Andy
              Originally posted by Coz
              Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
              http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

Originally posted by hunter View Post
                Good tip for beginners....
                Being able to quick scope on Call of Duty means jack sh*t! :D
                Wasn't a tip I'll admit, more of a warning to those FPS players who think because they can kill a bunch of kids online that they can walk into an airsoft battle and dominate.
                (I see it all the time)

The only real tip I could give for beginners is to wear the proper footwear (Boots) Twisted ankles is a common airsoft injury in woodland sites.
                Float like a butterfly,
                Sting like a bb.

Comment

hi pete, im new to this as well.great advice mate.

Comment

edit: Also look up the good old US Army Field manuals on Global security.org has room clearing , urban tactics movement, correct pistol/rifle handling, correct sight picture whilst shooting, shooting positions, hydration ...
                    http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...olicy/army/fm/

Despite these being for paintball I think they may be of use:
                    They're from a very old paintball site but the tactics still work (I would assume)
                    http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=425382580305
                    http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=419618595305
                    Now Paypal Verified

I do actually pay for my own kit...

Have no paintball prejudices -you ain't seen nuffin.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter12378 View Post
                      These are 10 general commandments I tend to play by. These aren't really tactics, just general advice. I'm also not so up myself I think these are gospel, so any corrections are more than welcome.

1. Take your hits.
                      If you think you felt something impact on your webbing in a combat situation, best take it and avoid invoking marshal wrath.

2. Buddy up with someone friendly and stick with them.
                      Going solo isn't for everyone and if it's your first few times, you'll learn a lot faster if you have a good teacher. If you and your buddy work well together, it's possible to seriously enjoy yourself, even if your team gets crushed overall.

3. Only take as much stuff as you reasonably think you could need.
                      Unless you're a dedicated MilSim player, you probably won't need any hardcore survival equipment. On a standard day out, I draw the line at a penknife/multitool, a basic first aid kit and a bottle of water. Also, snacks are good. Twixes and PEQ boxes are a god-like combo.

4. Never underestimate your enemy.
                      Even rentals can bounce back and get a few lucky shots here and there, so don't be all blasé about that one guy over there with a hire gun and trainers. Slot him from a distance and call it a day, there's really no need for a protracted firefight when you don't need one.

5. Watch your steps, spacings and surroundings.
                      It might sound really obvious, but make sure you don't run into anything. The worst airsofting injuries I've seen are always ones caused when someone's face or other body part gets introduced to a tree at high velocity. Don't bunch up in a team, it makes you too easy to take out in one salvo. Also keep an eye on the terrain. Always ask yourself where you'd be waiting in ambush. It may give you the upper hand if you come under sniper fire.

6. Don't overdo it.
                      A quick burst or double/triple tap usually does it for most players, no need to give them a plastic shower for them to dance and swear in. Unless they're not playing by rule one. In which case, go nuts.

7. Don't get distracted.
                      At the end of the day, airsofting is still a military simulation, so if you're on sentry or guard duty, don't pull out a novel or start firing potshots at the local fauna. The more you pay attention, the more you can enjoy it. Feel free to banter away, just don't get too carried away.

8. The marshal is God.
                      If they say you're out, you're out. Don't argue, whine or moan. Just take it.

9. Dress properly.
                      Don't turn up for a skirmish in trainers and a hoody. Bring a good set of stomping boots (with ankle support if you can manage it) and wear the combats you usually get on a hire package or borrow some off a mate.

10. Have fun!
                      Pretty self-explanatory - take the game seriously, but don't get worked up over it! If someone on the other team isn't taking their hits, tell a marshal or keep shooting until they do. Don't turn the air blue with comments on said opponents parentage or slurs on their mother's promiscuity, it kind of takes it down for the rest of us.
                      Someones seen the 10 commandments of airsoft before
                      sigpic
                      [Bullpup M14 EBR] [G&P Magpul/VLTOR/JP 'thingy'] [TM 5.1 limited gun] [TM 5.1 limited gun] [VFC 416] [A metric S**T ton of unfinished builds]

Comment

don't wind your gun upside down.

lots of rentals and noobs do this, and then dry fire.

learn to keep the gun the right way up and wind.

otherwise you will fail.

Boris
                        K98 sale ----> http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1216243

Comment

Originally posted by Mounter09 View Post
                          Someones seen the 10 commandments of airsoft before
                          Hell yeah :P
                          It was the first thing I watched related to airsofting and I turned out alright, soo...

Here's a link if you think you can understand the thick Austrian accent.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFYQwX2EayE

Comment

Couple of easy ones:

Set your hop. Have a go at firing at something a decent distance away, (a friendly mate is ideal) see where your pellets land, and tweak the hop up so they get a better distance without them curving up into the air. Ideally you'd do this with targets and a bit of time, but it can be done on the fly - a roughly set hop is better than an unset or completely over set hop.

Learn how far stuff goes, this way you'll know if you're in range without shooting away and never hitting anything, and similarly you'll know if you can safely advance. Having seen people get pinned down because they've spotted a sniper half a mile away and refuse to advance is silly, while at the same time the phase "you have a sniper rifle, can you take out that guy?" while pointing to some vague possible enemy player in the vast distance can grow weary
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Xevious View Post
                              Set your hop. Have a go at firing at something a decent distance away, (a friendly mate is ideal) see where your pellets land, and tweak the hop up so they get a better distance without them curving up into the air. Ideally you'd do this with targets and a bit of time, but it can be done on the fly - a roughly set hop is better than an unset or completely over set hop.
                              I assume that you would be renting for your first game and most of the sites I've been to don't like you messing with the hop on the rental guns, so don't do that unless a marshall specifically says that you can.
                              Originally posted by fijitstiks
                              they are a waste of time dont know why the british army still has them
                              Originally posted by N3ADS
                              Is this you talking from experience ?..
                              Originally posted by fijitstiks
                              i was at cadets for 3 years

Comment

Hi Paul

As Savaged Wolf Said "There is a Sniping Tactics thread"

But you can find a few tactics on YOUTUBE.

And others you will find on Here( there might not be many but they are detailed . )

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Paul 8v Find out more about Paul 8v
                                Working...
                                X