Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Army of Two CQB Loadout/ Mask Progress (pic heavy!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Army of Two CQB Loadout/ Mask Progress (pic heavy!)

Nice, looks good mate. Hope you kick some butt at the Mall this weekend
    sigpic If you sell, buy or trade with me please remeber to leave feedback!

Comment

Almost done so much that i can taste it! or is that the glue dripping from the lenses? I used Araldite and had some sort of... mishap that made me swear and panic alot but I got around it... more or less. Now using hot glue to seal the lenses a bit more. Spoons are to weigh the mask down to stop the glue from running.

Comment

Done! The hot glue hadn't turned out how I'd hoped but to be honest I can't be bothered to change it right now. Sorry for the red eye.

Comment

Hey guys, sorry for the delay. Been extra busy this week. I wasn't able to wear my mask, the temporary foam insert was being a pain and because of that it was fogging pretty quick so must find a better alternative. Any advice?

Anyway I was able to wear it for the first game of the mall.

And here is my CQB loadout which actually worked surprisingly well. I went abit overkill on the mags, I hardly went through one high cap per game. Used the pistol a few times and was quite surprised. Definately will be going to the mall again.

Let me know what you guys think of what I was wearing. If you want a list I can provide but it all looks self explanitory =]

Thanks for everyones feedback, has made me quite cheerful and become more enthusiastic about this little project. Again any advice on the anti fogging issue would be great, personal experience of a product or anything.

-Dec.

Comment

The kit looks good man, I like it, especially for cqb styled games. Looks the part for army of two when you got the mask on. Only thing I can think of for the fogging is fairy/washing up liquid which you've probably heard of already.
            I used to use anti-fog spray which was pants, and one of my mates whos an ex-tournament paintballer told me to use washing liquid instead and it works alot better but you have to top it up regulary. Its got to be quite a heavy mixture aswell but then just spray a little bit on an leave it to dry (If you wipe it off it doesnt work) Other then that maybe like a thin strip of foam just under neath the eyes to attempt to stop the hot air reaching the lens so much? Might be uncomfortable tho.
            sigpic If you sell, buy or trade with me please remeber to leave feedback!

Comment

Indeed isolating the breathing area using foam right out to the edge of the mask .The better the seal the more successful it'll be. Also the upper part of the mask has no ventilation ,and the way the padding is setup will hold all the heat in not allowing the air to circulate. I would re-pad the mask using closed cell foam which is non-asorbant, Better know to most as camping matt. Setup the padding for a better flow of air. And I know you've done alot of work on jour paint job ,but I would consider drilling alot more vent holes all over the mask .

Comment

wow, very jealous of that mask!

you got some good modeling skills, and the rest of your gear looks great,

envious dosnt cut it!

Comment

Really nice job on the mask mate, seen somewhere to use shaving foam on lenses to stop them fogging up? Sounds a bit weird but might work. Window cleaner+dry, foam on inside & outside rub into lense (glycerine) rinse foam and gently dry. Might be worth a go
                  sigpic
                  Armoury:Tm mp5/Ics m16/Spartac AK74U/Spartac AK pistol/m56c/Hfc m190/Tm m9 tactical master/Armourer works HX11/Dynatex BFG

Comment

That's what I did, a bit of fairy washing up liquid, let it dry and wiped off. It worked for a bit but the foam I was using to stop hot air from my mouth fell out so it fogged far too fast. I have now cut away some of the foam near the top and plan on using a light balaclava to wear.

Taking Signature requests, PM me for details.

Comment

Remove the lenses with mesh? Heroshark would probably fit em for you.

Comment

So I'm kinda new around here, gotta say the mask is really sick but I was wondering if I could use you design but make some small differences and change the color so it's not similar but I'll give you full credit for the design, it would be really awesome if I could use it tho

Comment

PM'd you Zavala.

Plus a update. I rarely use this mask now but I have it as a "collector" item. I got bored of its pristine appearance, so gave it a coat of matte finish and scuffed it up on a slightly dusty floor.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

CrAzY CH13F Find out more about CrAzY CH13F
                          Working...
                          X