Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Army of Two CQB Loadout/ Mask Progress (pic heavy!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Army of Two CQB Loadout/ Mask Progress (pic heavy!)

First just like to say awesome load out to Joker Jack, like you mask design and gear. Now onto my loadout, I have been doing this since I got my mask back in 2009 but never used it. It stayed on my shelf like a collector item and then i just thought screw it, I will use it but not in its current condition. I asked one of my local airsoft friends who happened to have a dremel to help me out. Below is a pic by pic progress which has taken a while to do (just being lazy) Anyway will get a full Loadout shown in later pics.

Inspiration for my theme, this is also my patch design for my little squad we have going.

Mask dremelled out and vent holes enlarged slightly.

Print out template of my skull design and then put on (extremely time consuming)

Next step sanding it down by hand! as I had no power tools at all. First with medium grit glass paper then with wet and dry. Aslong as i got most of it off it would be fine enough to coat with paint, Well the flames mostly.

All sanded down and cleaned, time for its first coat of red!

No more pics of that as its just building up the coats. I managed to get 6 or 7 light coats out of a small spray can. Now onto masking. I printed out another template for this but found that it was just a bit too small. Most of the masking is done by hand and just using a ruler and scalpel to cut the tape.

All masked and ready to be painted in black. Gave it a quick wipe with slight soapy water using some dish detergent. Now for the black spray coats.

Again I gave this several light coats of black so that it would lay down evenly. Making sure to get every nook and cranny. Letting it dry for 30 minutes between each coat. Again not many pics here, just lots of time and waiting for the paint to dry, unless your wanting to see pics of paint dry? ;D

Time to reveal all my effort and labour that has gone into this very lengthy project. Like removing bandages from a recent plastic surgery, I took time. Not wanting to ruin any of the lines and keeping the red paint as unspeckled as possible.

Unlucky for some.

Finally done, looks perfect albeit a few minor little things but thats to be expected. For a first time spray paint person I think the end result was worth it. Nothing more to do buy clear coat a few layers. After this I will be fitting some Guarder C4 clear lenses into the sockets of the mask. Applying a piece of foam for the nose to stop excess breathing heat from fogging the goggles and then re-attaching the spider harness.

More pics to come soon and my entire CQB loadout once the mask is finished.

Re: Army of Two CQB Loadout/ Mask Progress (pic heavy!)

So far so good, the mask looks awesome mate
    sigpic If you sell, buy or trade with me please remeber to leave feedback!

Comment

That's pretty awesome dude.

Good effort. I'll keep an eye on this
      Please do not advertise on the forum

Comment

looks awesome, my AoT mask arrived today, and the eye holes definitely need widened.

Comment

Thanks for the replys guys, will keep you all posted on changes and load out etc. I may also ask for advice on what things to have like multicam shirt or woodland shirt etc. Will post pics once mask is completely done.

Ollie as for your mask, I understand there are new models/ versions of cactus hobbies masks. Mine was one of the first ones created I believe and the mesh lenses were fine for me. Although I know someone who went to the site I go to and a BB shattered on the mesh so I wasn't allowed to use it. I'm only doing this thing for CQB stuff hense the polycarb lenses I will put in. Just a warning but I'm not sure if they have changed their design. got any pics of your mask mate?

Comment

i`ve only the one from the auction here which is below. the eye holes are quite small but its useable and the vision isnt restricted too badly.

I`ll be using it 95% of the time for CQB as they are the nearest play sites to me. I`m pretty new to the airsoft scene and I really wanted to buy the mask from the minute I saw it, I just refused to pay £90 from Thailand for it!!!!

Hopefully i`ll start to gather bits, for now I just got the essentials - gun, boots, gloves, mask and some basic clothing

Comment

Sweet mask Ollie. How much did you cough up for that?
              There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

I've seen this one before recently on another website. This does look like someone has molded it them selves and then Just cast it. Doesn't look like you have a good field of view, looks like you don't see in the centre very well? You can always modify it if you feel brave enough, I know how you would feel if it messed up but it does look pretty good. As for equipment and stuff I would go for the bare essentials. Gun, Boots, Camo ( or just woodlandy colours like block OD green etc) and a battery + charger and your good. I would buy a set of goggles If you do more larger scale things and just incase you find that BBs shatter, just to be safe

Comment

@Bamf - worked out @ £56 posted, which I thought was ok to take a risk on since the Thailand ones are £90+

@Ch13f - cheers for the advice, i`m going to try it out probably later this week in CQB and see how it fares, I might bring it into work and shoot it a few times on a mount to make sure no nasty surprises pop up, but its quite thick and heavy, so hopefully should hold out.

Comment

Should have an update on loadout sometime this week. Need advice on what would look best, so its airsoft fashion time. Will be putting up a few pics of different clothing and such so you can do some judging. Will be having the following equipment: a Viper Modular Chest Harness, Viper Drop leg pistol holster, SRC HK 416. Changes will be to trousers and hoodie/ shirts and boots.

Comment

I'm not normally a fan of the whole "slipknot" look normally but this does look really good to be fair.

Comment

It wasn't my intention to look like slipknot at all. Don't like them either, just wanted to have an "intimidating" CQB mask.

Comment

That really looks nothing like Slip Knot AT ALL, unless by slip knot look you were referring to the fact it's a mask.

Comment

Now finished clearcoating, gave it a nice little bubble bath to remove a bit of the stickiness after waiting for 3 hours for the last layer drying and voila!. Just need to hot glue/ araldite the lenses and re-attach the spider harness and I'm in business for the mall this Sunday =]. Will still get pics of my loadout sometime this week. Been quite busy at work so haven't had much time, expect a few indoor pics.

I wear a hat so I can give my mouth more room to vent hot hair. It also cushions my head in between all the padding making it less likely to wobble. No those are not my eyelashes in the right eye socket, I have curly hair.

Last edited by CrAzY CH13F; 22 February, 2011, 23:07.

Comment

Originally posted by CrAzY CH13F View Post
                              Now finished clearcoating, gave it a nice little bubble bath...
                              Looks awesome mate. I'm quite tempted by the new style "40th Day" masks that a certain prickly pastime website is selling and I'd much prefer my own design on it then the Salem or Rios ones. Looking forward to the full load-out pics =D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

CrAzY CH13F Find out more about CrAzY CH13F
                              Working...
                              X