Yet another Royal Mail Help Thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another Royal Mail Help Thread...

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, feel free to move to the correct section if so

Right let the rant begin, i recently completed a deal with a trader on this forum with my tm p226 and molle panel. All went well and the payment was fast and smooth. i got on well with the trader and would reccomend him to anybody on this forum. i gave him 100% feedback and all was well.

The next day (10.02.11) i posted the item first class in the hope it may get to him before the weekend. i have the reciept for the item and with that i had hoped he would recieve it asap and there would be no problems.

However, that was not the case. He is yet to recieve the item after almost two weeks. I can see is getting impatient and i cant blaim him as nobody likes to pay over a hundred pounds for something that is yet to arrive well after the promised date.

i've checked the royal mail site to look for some way of using the session ID to my advantage, but apparently you can only check your parcel if you use the tracking service. and to rub salt in the wounds further, i think i am right in saying if the parcel is lost i am only entitled to £40 compensation as it was sent first class.

im in a sticky situation here and any help or advice would be much appreciated as i feel i am about to drop £60 out of pocket because royal mail have "lost" my parcel.

cheers

jimmy

Sorry to say this straight off the bat but why the hell send a pistol untracked???

Basicaly if it dont turn up before royal mail class it as lost then yes you have lost out.

You are right in the fact that you can claim for the loss but you are also right in the fact that you wont get back anywhere near as much as your package is worth.

Basicaly however long before RM classes it as lost, try and negotiate with your buyer to wait untill then.
    (as long as its inside paypals claim time of 45 days)
    If it hasnt turned up by then unfortunatley its down to you to refund your buyer and put in the claim with RM.

Live and learn never send anything without a tracking number, let alone valuble items like pistols or rifles.

Comment

Re: Yet another Royal Mail Help Thread...

same thing has happened to me i sent out two items two weeks ago today and one got their to other didnt and then sent out another the following week and that arrived within two days
      when i went to the post office they basically said they wouldn't refund my money and told me to wait abit longer
      Traded with me? please leave feedback as will I http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=104161

Comment

as far as the untracked option goes, i was in a rush and she didnt say the option of tracked so in that classic early morning mood i just payed and left :/

im going to go down there tomorow morning and asking if it has been sent at all as there may have been a problem. if theres anything else i can do, please let me know!

cheers

Comment

Untracked and lost in post means you've lost out big time. You'll have to be able to show them the value of the package by receipt or what not. And then they'll moan at you for not sending it special as it was over the cost. So you may get nothing back at all. It's only a few extra quid for special on things below 2KG.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TheCustardChucker Jimmy. that's all your getting. Find out more about TheCustardChucker
          Working...
          X