X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2-tone services being withdrawn?

saw this on another forum.

okay, 1 website in matter which holds an armoury or airsoft has posted on their main page " Unfortunately, we are unable to offer a "two-tone" paint service - because it is illegal."

another the second being a world of airsoft have decided to withdraw the service due to 'staff' problems.

is this a coincidence?

does anyone know why the armoury has said that 2-toning is illegal?

Tom.

Re: 2-tone services being withdrawn?

this could be bad...
    Maybe trying to make everyone ukara?
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

If you ask me, removal of two tones will only help airsoft.

But anyways, I've emailed around several websites and contact some friends, this is the first ive heard of this and I like to keep an active interest in the legal side of airsoft, so I will keep the forums informed if I hear anything
      G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
      RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

it's been bound to happen for quite some time - inevitable really.

Comment

Originally posted by aeviv View Post
          If you ask me, removal of two tones will only help airsoft.
          Completely agree you have to be 18 to purchase a Two-Tone so why not just ban them and make players get UKARA its only three games for gods sake. If your under 18 you shouldnt even own a RIF two-tone or not, rentals should be compulsary for under 18's, not trying to ruin the fun or anything but this could save airsoft before this goverment tries to ban somthing else to try and make there failed attempts to stop gun crime look better.
          Custom M4
          TM 1911

Comment

I doubt very much this will happen.

The Scottish retailer and it's twin brother both relly heavily on two tone sales...

At the end of the day they're a bussiness, and if two tone sells - they're gunna sell it!

They might withdraw their painting service, sure, but then importing two tone guns I doubt very much will come to and end.

Comment

I don't think so

they are talking about the legalities of it and the fact many players are not happy with them (two tones) - i don't buy from shops that sell two tones and I know many who do the same.

Comment

I can't think of many who don't offer a two tone service...

Comment

well i hope they do put a stop to two tone if its for the good of our sport and saves it
                  When in doubt call your self out

Team warhawks oxforshire squad

Comment

Saves it?

It's not under threat....?

Comment

the world retailer posted the reason that they were withdrawing their 2 tone service was due to not having enough staff at the moment as they were getting backlogged having to do loads of two tone paint jobs, but did say that once the back log had cleared they hoped to resume the service. As for A2 no idea perhaps they got fed up of painting up £300 guns in two tone.

Comment

It's not illegal, they are talking poop.

There are two questionable sides to this....

1. Due to the exact wording of the VCRA if anybody can "manufacture" a IF into a RIF.
                        2. The amount of parents (Over 18's) using the "gifting" loophole.

Banning two tones will remove a lot of younger players. Not doing anything about it might come bite us in the ass (as per above). So I don't know where I stand on this one!

Comment

this is actually my fault as i emailed them asking if they would do a two tone and they emailed back saying it is illegal to make a two tone with paint as it must be part of the manufacturing process now i would argue it is part of the manufacturing process into an IF but hey you guys seem to like it

Connor
                          Originally posted by LeeBristolAirsoft
                          Seriously.... WTH?
                          Tenth Prestige!
                          http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=60213
                          http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?p=424466

Comment

Illegal or not - good for them.

It's about time retailers supported this hobby, not try to kill it off through greed.

Comment

If your under 18 you shouldnt even own a RIF two-tone or not
                              I know some under 18's can be very stupid with airsoft guns, however i feel that some of the comments being made about getting rid of younger player etc are a tad harsh.

There are alot of under 18's who enjoy the sport very much with me being one of them.

Boohoo
                              "Could have swore I just saw a guy in a ghi.....HIT!"

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

101stairborne-506 Find out more about 101stairborne-506
                              Working...
                              X