Badges and patches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Badges and patches

Personally I don't care either way. I've never served in the military, so I have no concept of how difficult it is to earn whatever badges or ranks. I wouldn't personally wear official insignia (as replicating a recognised regiment etc etc isn't something of any interest to me), but I don't down on people who do.
    Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

Its all a question of personal choice. I am entitled to wear some badges from my own time i the TA but I choose not to out of respect for what those badges represent. Using them for a game in my opinion cheapens them a bit. That said I am very happy to wear my own teams badges as they are designed to represent my team.

Comment

people normally wear patches of the unit that they like ,or admire,so if they are wearing it,it most likely means that they admire that unit and are showing there support,so shouldnt the actual soldiers be proud that others are wearing there units badge,some people may not want to risk death to wear a badge,although i see where your coming from as many people would have risked there life to earn there rank.put it this way,if you were wearing,perhaps a generals rank badge but hadnt actually served,then thats a no no as a general would have had to work very hard to earn his place,but if your wearing perhaps a recruits badge or a bit higher or just the badge of the unit,then why not?
        also,just a thought,if someone turned up to an airsoft site,with a para badge on,and you asked them why they were weraing it,and it turned out to be there fathers or friends or someone else who was very close who had died serving and they wer wearing it in respect to them,like a poppy,what would be your oppinions on that?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowdrop View Post
          Everyone knows Colonel is the highest rank at KFC, not McDonalds!
          Who dares mixes up a clown with a colonel!!!

Im Archbishop of Banterbury and im going to have that as my flash will that mean the religious will be offended?

Colonel Sanders for the win.

Problem is with flashes my understanding is you get them without earning them so to speak but with beret badges you have to do tests or a golden snitch race for 30 miles or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowdrop View Post
            Everyone knows Colonel is the highest rank at KFC, not McDonalds!
            Agh I knew someone would call me out on that!!

Originally posted by anthonyyoungs1989 View Post
            Man- I truely am bored and fed up of seeing this thread pop up!
            I can tell because you're using italics!

Comment

Originally posted by LtPurcy View Post
              Im Archbishop of Banterbury
              HAHA! Sigged!

Comment

I don't really care what people wear, I mean if they fake it then it's bad, but otherwise... Why not??

Comment

For me rank slides are no problem as people have ranks in their teams sometimes and fictional unit patches 9Rainbow for me, hence the name), however I'm a believer in that if you aint been in that unit in the forces or havent trained for a specific skill then dont wear it, people have worked and earned the right to that badge, just my 2p worth but at the end of the day it doesnt actually harm anyone and some may look at it as a nice gesture.
                  sigpic

Comment

Being in the MOD myself, i dont mind if guys want to wear cap badge or flash! as long as they don't walk and talk like they have been in, like the a Royal marine's,Para or any Reg!

I Think that is the worst insult you could give to the blokes who have earned that badge or green beret!

But we are here to have fun so you have to let it go over your head..

Comment

As far as I'm concerned I couldn't give a rats bum what people wear. Mainly as I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Apart from the obvious.

Otherside of the coin. I would never dream of pretending to be Ex military. As far as anyone giving orders on site, if I think it's a good idea I will follow along, if I don't I'll wander off and do what I want to do..Simple really.

But the Nomad patch looks the mutts, I may have mentioned that befor...lol.

This does pop up fairly regularly, but not as often as a poll.....A what you say....You know one of those rare threads where you vote on what you think is best...lol.
                      Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

I don't and never will wear any real unit's badges, as most of my family are ex military and my grandad I'm very proud to say was an original member of a certain Special Service of the Air in WW2 and a number of years after, so it wouldn't feel right as I know all the things my family went through to earn their badges. But I don't really care what other people do, they can come dressed as a thundercat for all I care, I don't really see a problem with it, if it makes them happy - fair enough.
                        I am battle-tested bayonets bro,You can’t process me with a normal brain-If you borrowed my brain for five seconds,you’d be like-Dude-can’t handle it,unplug this b@st@rd!-It fires in a way that’s maybe not from,uh this terrestrial realm-Charlie Sheen

Comment

Why would I wear a fake military badge, that takes up valuable space that could otherwise be used to wear any number of frankly hilarious Milspec Monkey morale patches?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Snowdrop Find out more about Snowdrop
                          Working...
                          X