Colt M4 & Variants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colt M4 & Variants

WOW, where did you get this painted ? its amazing, i want to have my gun painted like the one from suicide squad

Comment

Aaaaaaaaand it's almost done:

Vents in the flash hider have been filled in to better resemble the flash hider in the film. I've seen another build using an actual 'Car-15' flash hider but it was too short and fat to resemble the film version.

Anyhoo, the final touch is an Aimpoint M2 which will have to wait until I have the spondoolies.
      Last edited by Patrolpointman; 10 September, 2016, 18:53.

Comment

Seeing what could be done with a g&g raider. Almost finished

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

WE C7A2 GBBR project..... Real parts include Colt Canada stock /rubber butt pad, pistol grip & trigger guard. Cadex vertical grip and Elcan rubber armour and OD IMI handguards. I had the lower receiver engraved, except for the trigger group markings. Still a few things to swap out, but for now I'm happy with it.

Comment

That Canadian model look awesome fella. After the standard "Old School" M16/M16A1/203 look, it's my next favourite looking long M16 variant.

How much did it cost you to put all that together...If I may pry??

Richie.

Comment

Here's my M733 with the Paint stripped. I'm hoping to try some "Casey Gun Blue/Black" instead of spraying "Gun Metal" like I normally do?? Has anyone else tried this, and do you think it looks better in your opinion?? Oh and does anyone know anyone who has access to a lathe to fashion a small barrel with 14mm CW thread on each end??

Richie.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's my M16A1 (My Favourite) with Real Steel SP1 furniture on in some pics, and it's original furniture sprayed up British DPM. Topped off with a "Cool Colt Scope"

Richie.

Comment

That 733 looks fantastic!

Comment

Thanks Prolish. I'm thinking of "Gun Bluing" it so it's not too silvery like.

Richie.

Comment

My experience gave it a darker silver finish, with more reflection in it. I'll see if I can find the picture of the glock I did.

Think you'd be better off with some other form of darkening it like cerakote personally

Comment

Good to know Boo. I was going to build up the layers, and stop at what I thought looked the best finish?? I like well worn...lol.

Richie.

Comment

Originally posted by richard4wood1970 View Post
                        Here's my M733 with the Paint stripped. I'm hoping to try some "Casey Gun Blue/Black" instead of spraying "Gun Metal" like I normally do?? Has anyone else tried this, and do you think it looks better in your opinion?
                        I'll be trying Aluminium Black on a spare piece of aluminium tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes. I can't imagine you would want blue though on an AR-15.

The M16A1, have you sprayed the receiver?
                        Lurker.

Comment

Alot of guns are "Blued" mate! I think it's just the colour texture? I'd be lightly going over it as I want a light worn look really. If I do decide to do it and don't like it I'll go back to spraying it more "Gun Metal" , yes just like I did with the M16.

By all means, please let me know how you get on mate cheers.

Richie.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Ooooh that's a bit cheeky B-SB...

Comment

Haha. Only finished putting it together on site this morning. Lovely way to have the optic on it!

It's a JG, with genuine XM Handguards, Zahal handguard cover, and genuine Aimpoint mount

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

NitroJoe I love lamp. Find out more about NitroJoe
                                Working...
                                X