Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE AK Body change

Hello all!!

Need some info and pointing in the right direction really.

I’ve recently bought my first GBBR rifle and I’m wanting to modify it externally to fit my taste. It’s currently got a fold away stock that folds from the back and locks to the side of the gun.

I want the classic under slung stock (AK47s). Can anyone tell me at all if this is possible? Can I use AEG bodies? Can I use GHK bodies with WE parts?

All help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Signature Removed

Unfortunately, you can't mix and match WE and GHK AK internal parts as they both use proprietary parts, some external parts such as the front fore grip can be swapped with minor modification.

It sounds like you have the WE AKS74U carbine if the stock folds to the side so you can't really do an AK47s under folder as they are two completely different rifles. You could try to create an AKMSU style rifle that has an underfolder and is carbine length.

The WE PMC is the full-length AKM based rifle which you could convert to an under folder AKMS but its a lot of work.

Comment

Hello and thanks for your reply.

It’s a WE AK74UN. A lot of work as in time, experience or equipment or all 3?

Signature Removed

Comment

OK, I think I see what they have done so they have swapped the complete front portion of the WE AK74UN with the WE AK74 that impressive.

With regards to converting it to an under folder, it will be very difficult.

First is finding a complete under-folding stock set and whether you will go for airsoft or real steel that will be your first choice.

Then there's fitting the actual locking mechanism for the under folder as you got the rivets in the positions that the original under-folders don't have, and removing the old folding stock mechanism.

Comment

I think my best bet is getting my hands on a AK47s and just replicating it carefully and as cheap as possible.

Thank you for all your help.

Signature Removed

Comment

Good luck and I hope it goes well, it will be interesting to see what you do and how you go about it.

But for me personally, I would leave the rifle as it's very nice but your money, your gun

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

scott c 20 Find out more about scott c 20
            Working...
            X