Lct ak 104 red dot sight advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lct ak 104 red dot sight advise

Hi looked at a lot of red dots decided on one like in this pic but i am not to sure if this works well or its too far away,if this is to far away which is best side mount or railed dust cover thanks for your help.

They're ok if you want a cheep (under £20) red dot but the build quality is cheep. Only issue I had was because the glass housing is thin and exposed compared to a tube housing (Aimpoint T1 etc), the sun hits it too much and can bleach out the dot. And if you do knock it, it will probably break.

My advice would be to spend an extra fiver and get something a bit more sturdy. If you want the minimal look and don't fancy a T1, have a look at the RMR copies as they are butter build quality and not much more.
    Over 150 positive sales & trades on this and other forums!

Comment

OK thanks for the reply will do. Any idea if it works OK at that far away ie seeing targets or would it be better further back

Comment

For people sized targets you'll be fine. Red dots are designed for both eye open target acquisition so distance from the eye really doesn't matter. If you had one set on a pistol slide and your arm is extended, it's about the same distance as on the AK pictured. If you want treacly accurate shots, you'll need to go for an optical scope and get a railed top cover, or AK side mount to put it on as these need to be very close to your eye.
        Over 150 positive sales & trades on this and other forums!

Comment

Something to remember as well is if you do get a railed dust cover unless it’s one of the type that screw on to the rear sight block and hinges up but slides under it (like the one it’s replacing) then your going to get a fair old bit of sight wobble when aiming , not much of a problem on full size targets but can be a problem if you can only see part of your target and you need to be as accurate as possible .
          From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

Hi yes i did read that so i have bought a side mount thanks for the reply.

Comment

Love all the friendly interactions hoping things go well once i get my gear (and courage) together to begin milsim once this crisis is over.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Popepope Find out more about Popepope
              Working...
              X