Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IR laser advice

Hi all,

I wanted to buy an Element or FMA PEQ15 but understand that these are difficult to zero unless modified and even then don’t hold their zero long. However I have heard good things about the latest G&P DBAL IR laser/illuminators. But before buying I’d like to know if the Element LLM01 Reinhmetall copy is on par? As I’d very much would prefer this model.
    AIRSOFT WEAPONS M4 (recoil)sigpic

If it's a new version of the element llm01- then disregard this, it's awful.

Of the fma and the element the element is much better.

I've had 2 g&p dbals and preferred the element la5 over them. Of the la5s, some I modded, some I just just tape shims under peq.

Once zeroed it's held well (though no recoil on my rifs) but would suspect only gbbrs would have an issue. The heresy group did a good video on modding them.

Just picked up a somogear ngal and its very good, they have a gen 2 version dropping soon and am thinking of upgrading all my peqs to their products (ngals and peq 15).
    sigpic

Comment

Solid advice cheers.

did see the Hesery group video and was going to do this until Richy described in one of his later videos the frustration Of the PEQ not holding zero even with the mod.

had a look at somogear, looks very slick! Any reason why you’d chose one above the other (NGAL vs peq15).

Comment

Price, the prices for their Peqs were about 50% of the NGAL. This is the first NGAL to come to the market so probably more expensive for that reason alone but so far it's the best non real peq I have had. It's a bit "gold" but that doesn't bother me as I'll spray it. The functionality is what I like about it.

Not sure what their prices will be like for the gen2 versions but I would imagine follow a similar vein.

The g&p dbals I have had have both developed faults of some kind, maybe I have been very unlucky with some lemons but the 3 element peqs I have had for at least 3 years each are still trucking away. I haven't seen all of their videos but I personally haven't had any problems with them holding zero. I very rarely swap rif accessories though, all of mine have their own torch, optic, peq etc. So generally once set they're good to go.

If you want the next bump up, check out the zenitco perst 3 or 4 (can't remember the exact one, one is about £300 and the other is about £1000). There is also a company/dude called invisible sight that makes peqs, he uses the shell from an airsoft one and replaces everything, they are supposedly excellent, but looking around £450 each minimum, think he is on ebay and the wait time is based on what he has available at that time.
        sigpic

Comment

Ah fair one. Never come across any images NGALs in the wild, so are these mainly used by tear oneor sniper units? Seeing the price of Somogear’s PEQs at £50 we can assume NGALs will be around the £100? Is there any big difference between their PEQ15 and the NGAL as the price would suggest?

I saw Tim’s video on the Zenitco but the looks, not to mention the possible import taxes hit, make me look elsewhere. Do like the sound of Invisble, but if SOMO offers the reliability for a fifth of the price then I’m not too bothered by the accuracy of the shell.

Comment

So with some less than brilliant reviews of somogear PEQ15 it has been easy to resist buying one. Apparently the new FMA is the dogs bollocks going by IG. IR illuminator, allows proper zeroing and holds the zero on recoil rifles. Thoughts?

Comment

There's a new Somogear PEQ-15 coming out soon that will have all the features of the FMA one. RS plug, adjustable IR illuminator etc so I'd say worth holding out for that and compare it with the FMA if you're in no rush.

Comment

The trouble here is that none of them are perfect and won't be. There's always someone about to release something that could be great (somogear peq, pts mawl etc) but so far none of them have and even if there is something that's decent it'll be in such a small quantity that by the time there is enough reviews out to say it's decent they'll have sold out and you won't be able to get them anymore.

On top of that more sites are banning ir lasers and there's loads of other players out there with nv that a laser doesn't quite give the advantage it used to. Passive aiming is where it's at.

For airsoft and especially airsofters who do less than 5 night events a year the element la5 is good enough and a decent price point.

Like arseholes, everyone has an opinion and this is mine.
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks for all the responses.. definitely food for thought.

Seeing as Iĺl mostly use it for practice on a one way range with paper targets Iĺl keep my eye out for a Somogear or similar on the forums.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

the_firing_dutchman Find out more about the_firing_dutchman
                  Working...
                  X