This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if you were to change the parts

this is hypothetical, I am not planning on doing any of the things which I am describing, can we have no rage please

I was just wondering, if one was to buy a two-tone gun (no ukra), and then bought seperate parts which were realistic, then replaced the two tone parts with the realistic parts, would this be in vialation of VCRA?
    Originally posted by sparrowhawk
    Mas...sorry mate,i know you are young, but is English your first language?

Originally posted by jfox61
    Erm.. wrong website for this sort of thing.

Re: if you were to change the parts

yes it would be cause if you put them on the gun your gun will be in voilation of the VCRA act. Because you have no deffence.
    Bust a move.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheEnglishman View Post
      this is hypothetical, I am not planning on doing any of the things which I am describing, can we have no rage please

I was just wondering, if one was to buy a two-tone gun (no ukra), and then bought seperate parts which were realistic, then replaced the two tone parts with the realistic parts, would this be in vialation of VCRA?

Yes it would be illegal.

As replacing the parts with black parts would count as manafacturing a RIF.

But if you have a defense it wouldn't matter. Still illegal but you'd be safe.

Remember UKARA is very wrongly used as the standard defense, even more annoyingly mistaken as a 'airsoft licence' .

So long as you can proove that you're a regular skimisher, you can do what you want. But the definition of regular is not officially mentioned

Comment

don't you love the british government?

they make a lovely (stupid) law, with nice (vague) terms, which can be (mis)interupted in many ways, and tries to takle a problem that never really existed.

barstewards.

Comment

In my opinnion it was made broken....

Comment

Originally posted by bravotwozero View Post
            +1. true dat. was made to fix a non-existant problem :/

Comment

Originally posted by bravotwozero View Post
              The best summary of VCRA I've ever read
              sigpic

Comment

So an under 18, who has been gifted a two-tone, can then swap out the green/clear parts for black parts, when he/she has been airsofting 3 times in no less than 2 months?
                Airsoft. The most fun you can have with your clothes on.

Comment

That's a very grey area.

VCRA (and the implementation order that gave us the skirmisher's defence) don't say that they can't. There is no mention of age in relation to anything except purchasing.

But, the home office are very clear that, in their minds, the idea of two tones being changed to RIFs was not the intention of the act. They believe that the idea was that we should play the required number of games (not that there is any legally set number/period) and then buy RIFs.

Also, the wording of the act allows for retailers to manufacture/modify but doesn't cover individuals specifically. But, the wording also doesn't cover individuals importing, yet HMRC are happy to let regular players import, which at the very least implies that we may be OK with manufacturing/modifying.

Bottom line, there have been no publicised prosecutions under this section of the act. If in doubt play safe, otherwise you may end up becoming the person who's prosecution/conviction sets the precedent that allows the rest of us to know what we can and can't do.
                  sigpic

Comment

The basic rule is be sensible, and don't take risks. You may not fear the consequences, but any issues raised could damage the future of the sport as a whole :S
                    Goes by the callsign "Iceman" to avoid confusion with the entire Delta team...

Originally posted by Grounded_Pilot
                    ...changed my mind.

Putting a BB in a silencer then using it as a blowpipe. that's the best.
                    a whole 85fps!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TheEnglishman Find out more about TheEnglishman
                    Working...
                    X