Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admin please message me.

Want to report a scammer

Any admin interested in the fact that there’s a scammer on the forum?

Comment

Obviously not mate, name and fucking shame dude, seems the only course of action open to us mortals
      And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

We do not get involved in sales or disputes. It is entirely your responsibility to make sure you have done all the checks and covered yourself in the unfortunate event there are any issues.

If you have 100% undeniable proof that some one has scammed you: re, stolen from you, then please contact your local authorities.

Please read all the forum help & guides: https://forums.zeroin.co.uk/forum/an...les-and-guides

Comment

Ah ok that’s fair enough, so if there is a scammer on this forum you would not be interested in knowing who they was so they could be taken off the forum so it protects the other users on here?

Comment

What if I were to say you're a scammer?

My word versus yours.

If I start removing people because of an allocation then some would abuse that system.

However, if you really want to make a difference and stop the 'scammer', you can. Contact your local authorities and inform them. That way they can investigate and take apropriate action, and when they do, we can do the same. If you don't think that informing the authorities is required, then you haven't really been scammed.

Comment

I’ve already been refunded via PayPal after they investigated it. Ok no worries I understand sorry to bother you guys I guess even people who steel from others have rights.

Comment

So why haven't the authorities contact me then if you've contacted them? They would most CERTAINLY do a data request to investigate the theft.

If you did a PayPal dispute, then cudos, you paid in a semi secure way and covered yourself. PayPal make BILLIONS each year and hire teams of people and legal advisors and have very strict policies backed by those lawyers and even banking guidlines.

We have common sense on this forum. If something is too good to be true, it probably is. If someone wants you to send money as a gift, don't. If they don't provide full evidence on request that they have the item in question, don't give them your money.

Again, please read ALL the guides about trading on this forum.

If people used common sense more and covered themselves better (that is entirely your responsibility) then 'scammers' would get bored and move on.

*side note, banning people just means they can come back with an entirely different and unique username that allows them to do the same thing again, and again, and again. So yeah, makes sense right?!

Comment

I never said I contacted the authorities?

Comment

If someone has done something illegal, you should. Otherwise they will always get away with it.

Comment

Wow just left a thread up exposing a SCAMMER but can see it is futile
                      Didn't realise the moderators stopped caring about the users and just become salty
                      Shame

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Comment

While I don't know the full sp on your experience, I'm aware the guy your accusing has been on here a considerable time, & has made many sales, so seems weird that he'd go rogue for 20 quid. Not disputing your claim, just seems odd, sometimes there are extenuating circumstances that have prevented your kit being sent.
                        as for admin getting involved, you've got no hope, more likely to ban you for outing someone lol
                        Last edited by tackle; 18 March, 2020, 17:35.

Comment

Well 3 weeks and no response to emails etc seems like a legit case for someone scamming
                          Who knows how many times he sold the same item and that £20 turns quickly into £100
                          As for admin banning me go for it
                          If they want to facilitate scammers and ban people who oust them then this is not a good place to do trade and would welcome a ban
                          It's seems like Zero in just want to wash their hands with it even thought they created the environment that sustains it

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by spencer627 View Post
                            Wow just left a thread up exposing a SCAMMER but can see it is futile
                            Didn't realise the moderators stopped caring about the users and just become salty
                            You didn't expose anything, just merely said he's a scammer without evidence.

The question "What would you have me 'look into'?" is completely valid when your thread was so vague.

What was the trade? When did you pay? How are you communicating? Have you tried PM... etc.
                            Lurker.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Andy M Find out more about Andy M
                            Working...
                            X