Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not putting pictures in sales threads?

A bit of a rant here, but shouldn't there be a rule against putting up a sales post without a picture and saying "will put one up soon" etc. I don't see the point in taking the time to type out a long description of sometimes really expensive items and not put up a picture, why don't you just wait the extra 20 minutes it would take to take, upload and post a picture? Ok, rant over.
    WTB: TM HI-CAPA 5.1! CASH WAITING! PM ME!

Re: Not putting pictures in sales threads?

If you dont have a camera, need to borrow one
    If you dont have the connecting cable from the camera
    Don't have a memory card reader on the PC, so can't upload them at your own house
    The goods aren't at your house.

Reasons like those, although i agree with you that it is annoying witht he pics will be up soon, however have had to do it myself for one of the above reasons before so is understandable imho.

Comment

Has been discussed before. Simple answer was that the picture part of the template is not a mandatory requirement, although sellers must state whether they have pictures or not.

For single items (like my Mag pouch and Concealment vest for sale), I won't put pictures up, as I believe there's not much point for one item, unless there is damage. And if people are scared that I'm not going to send it out to them, they know where to turn (to the gutter and F off if you think my feedback is bad!)

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Yh but for all of those reasons couldnt you wait until you either borrowed a camera/found the cable/got on another pc/had a picture sent to you?

@ Gaffa, yh I can see your point, but I have seen people list custom PTWs without pictures lol

Comment

Then it'd be at the buyer's fault to send payment of anything more than £100 in my eyes to something they haven't seen. And if it's a PTW, then tough @!?{ if you send payment without having proof that they're actually selling something.

I always normally request pictures, and if none can be taken, often I don't go through with the deal.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Originally posted by TB-Stalker View Post
            Yh but for all of those reasons couldnt you wait until you either borrowed a camera/found the cable/got on another pc/had a picture sent to you?
            what if you need it sold quickly and you'd have to wait a week to get the camera etc, i can understand that it can be annoying, but some people do have reasons for not getting pictures up, so it'd be a bit unfair to stop them from being able to sell goods. Also as gaffa said if you're selling things like a spring guide, or pistol grip and its in good nick do you really need a picture?

Comment

This has been brought up a load of times before as Gaffa said.

End of the day, you as the "buyer" are going to either decide you are so frustrated by the lack of images you won't buy, or you are so interested, you'll request pictures.

As a "seller" people should know they will get a better price and quicker sale with images. If they chose not to, then that is up to them - and it will probably be the seller who loses out in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
                This has been brought up a load of times before as Gaffa said.

End of the day, you as the "buyer" are going to either decide you are so frustrated by the lack of images you won't buy, or you are so interested, you'll request pictures.

As a "seller" people should know they will get a better price and quicker sale with images. If they chose not to, then that is up to them - and it will probably be the seller who loses out in the end.
                Yh good point, oh and now the search function has helped me find the old threads, this can be closed now :P

Comment

I don't mind people not putting pics up - if they don't want to sell their crap, that's up to them. What does wind me up though is "email for pics".

No........ Upload and link to them them ya lazy b@stard! I can't be bothered sending you my email address; especially for trivial stuff. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Ells View Post
                    If you dont have a camera, need to borrow one
                    If you dont have the connecting cable from the camera
                    Don't have a memory card reader on the PC, so can't upload them at your own house
                    The goods aren't at your house.

Reasons like those, although i agree with you that it is annoying witht he pics will be up soon, however have had to do it myself for one of the above reasons before so is understandable imho.
                    Almost everyone has a phone with a camera, email or mms the image to your own email, save and upload.

Simple as, not having an image is crap, I would NEVER buy something without seeing an image of it unless its something from a shop and I knew what I was buying pre-hand.
                    Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 21 August, 2010, 07:46.

AO/OM Handle - VAMP

Comment

In my case, i had a lot of kit i wanted to sell, and knew off the top of my head what it was, but due to my camera and kit being in one place, and me being 150 miles away, it was a little hard for me to put a picture up straight away. After somebody practically demanding me to put up pictures, i drove the distance, took photos, then didnt even get a reply back. Now that really f*cked me off, as i had to waste my own time and money for some inconsiderate ****er who couldnt be bothered to reply.
                      After that, i left the photos up and ammended the thread accordinly (see signature - Stalker your gearbox is still ready for you at the weekender if you want it.)
                      If im selling something like the M4 i want rid of, its as simple as this. 'Its in good condition, no scuffs or scratches, works perfectly.' I cant use a photo to prove it works correctly, and im not going to video it. When people then say 'What does it look like?' why cant they use google? If i said i was selling a cyma AK (which i am), and they want to know what it looks like, why cant i say it looks exactly like the one on the internet. What really fecks me off is 'Can i see a phot' - NO, COS ITS A FRIGGING SPRING. Or my best one of late - 'Can you send me a picture of the shermag please mate.'

Its a fecking shermag! THERE ALL THE SAME!!!

Rant over.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TB-Stalker Running a small upgrade service for people looking to build themselves a DMR. Find out more about TB-Stalker
                      Working...
                      X