Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Inability to see incoming messages from a seller on a classified post.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inability to see incoming messages from a seller on a classified post.

I don't know if it's just me, or whether it might be affecting other people, but the forum is not allowing me to see the replies to enquiries sent through private messages.

I've loaded up the forums on two different browsers and tapatalk, and it's just showing a blank reply (screenshots below, destination user name cut off)

Any ideas ?
    ​​​​​​​

chrome_3pBLy4ZtLQ.png

ShareX_xk3v9VQM0J.png

Attached Files

Has also affected me.

Comment

Well you should be discussing via PM not on the sales thread.

Which forum / posts have you noticed this? As I am unable to replicate the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Rampage View Post
        Well you should be discussing via PM not on the sales thread.

Which forum / posts have you noticed this? As I am unable to replicate the issue.
        The issue is on the PM discussion - replies to the sales thread itself seem to be going through fine.

I would screenshot the whole sequence of the discussion, but without a method of PMing it to you without the knowledge that it'd actually work, I wouldn't want to post the convo openly on this thread.

If you're up for it, Rampage, I am more than happy to experiment on this by sending you a PM and seeing what comes back as a reply, and if your reply is blank, then I could post the screenshot of it here in full ?

Additionally, if danielman above your post is having issues with PM replies :

Originally posted by danielman View Post
        Has also affected me.
        then could this be more of a systemic issue ?

Just a thought.

Steve / BlackLight

Comment

On the offchance that my reply to the PM is blank, this is what I wrote.
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Happening to me also for both myself and another member I’ve been private messaging in regards to a sale.
            Originally posted by FireKnife
            Firing a MAC-11 is like a guy with premature ejaculation having sex with a stunning and filthy woman.

So much win but over way to quickly.

Comment

This is still happening.
              Lurker.

Comment

The blank PMs still happening or started happening again? There is a newer version of the forum software so I'll have to update it at some point soon, but other than that I'm not sure what to do about the issue as most people seem to be getting PMs fine :/

Comment

I don't PM enough to know if it stopped happening and has started again, but it certainly happening at the moment. It doesn't happen with everyone though.

Lurker.

Comment

Which users PMs are coming in blank please?

Comment

Fabio
                      sniperboy1980
                      JoeGisby1

Both sending and receiving PMs with the above users, my message to them in blank, their message to me is blank.

If I go to forward their blank message I can see what they actually wrote in the [quote.] brackets, so the message is in the database, just don't show up with viewing. It's not invisible either, it doesn't show up anywhere in the HTML.

My posts require pre-approval before posting, is it possible this is also applying to PMs?
                      Lurker.

Comment

Your posts requiring approval will be due to the forum tagging your account automatically due to a few unnecessary posts you made being deleted.

Thank you for the information, I'll do some searching and see if it's a known issue or something else.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BlackLight_UK Find out more about BlackLight_UK
                        Working...
                        X