Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: US Navy SEALs interpretation with pics

Originally posted by shorty82 View Post
    iPad auto correct can be a pain. If krypton paint does exist though it'd make taking down superman easier!

I don't want to sound like a douche, not my intention but these days there's so so so much reference material on google, and even if you can't buy real aor1 etc, getting together a reasonable impression on the cheap isn't that hard as there's so many photos to base a load out on. Even CoD and MoH is fairly accurate. What I mean is its not like 20 years ago when the Internet wasn't around and digital media didn't exist like it does today etc. back then it would have been tough to put together something, especially as I don't think Airsoft was even around then?

All I'm trying to say is these days with the Internet it's harder to get an impression wrong than it is right. I think US issue flying suits are about £30 on eBay or militaria sites for example.

Personally I'd replace the jump suit for a set of tri colour BDU's either desert or woodland, instant improvement, then the jacket pockets can be modified to replicate a RAIDS shirt which is easy enough if you know a good tailor. All of which would probably cost £40 and most of that could be off set by selling the RAF flying suit.
    His loadout is based off prior to the AOR era and is very close to what SEALs wore during that period for sea-Bourne operations. Yes a Navy issue jump suit would b better its more than adaquete.

Any offence taken from my posts is likely intended.

Comment

but to go as far as to want a Seal or USMC load-out is to re-enact, if you don't know what ur doing or have a budget it does look stupid, that said with knowledge and a budget it can look good. don't always need the real-steel gear, although imo it is alot better as it doesn't fall apart. for my '06 force recon loadout im running a Nato flight suit simply because it cost me £10 and %90 of people don't know/care a US one could cost me £100. And as Said above google images is ur firend don't look at the "whole" OMG i must have every look at 1... and i MEAN ONE operator and copy his gear directly to the best you can, if don't know what something is ask... and then DONE

Comment

This is mine and my team mates seal kit im on the left ye is on the rightuploadfromtaptalk1367252584866.jpg

Comment

woah necro!!! ....but i like... :D

Comment

Damn! Didn't realise a thread regarding an ' SEALs impression' would generate so much negativity and get me flamed! Still, nice to know the thread is still active. I had previously done my research, see some of the below pics for reference. As per voodooTheMarshmallow's comment it is not supposed to be a bang up-to-date Afghan Loadout replication. I thought with people giving the impression they are so knowledgeable with regards to SEALs loadouts they would also understand that they have been varying uniform/base outfits that SEALs have worn over the years and certainly prior to Iraq/Afghan. Maybe I should have been clearer that the 'impression' was Sea-Bourn operations based but I simply thought people would have figured that out for themselves, sorry if I wasn't clear. Anyways, for those who do have the historical knowledge and can appreciate what I have done, thanks for the positive feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by Babyalien View Post
              Damn! Didn't realise a thread regarding an ' SEALs impression' would generate so much negativity and get me flamed!
              You're either being highly ironic, or you've never heard of the Arnie's Airsoft Seals thread

I think the bottom one is Force Recon but I see what you mean dude
              Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
              It just annoys me that M79s are in MW2 when everyone else is using stupid futureweapons.

Derbyshire- apparently the secret training grounds of the Russian special forces.

Comment

Last two are Marine Force Recon. Do some research on VBSS, its more what your kit resembles. Still needs a lot changes though buddy. Keep us updated

Comment

How for you Warrior Assaul System plate carrier? Do you recommending ?
                  I thinking take with 5.56 kit for my H&K mags.
                  https://tacticalshop24.com/warrior-t...-multicam-3908

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Babyalien Easy going fella, always up for a laugh. Crude sense of humour. Find out more about Babyalien
                  Working...
                  X