X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWCC SBT-22 Loadout

SPECIAL BOAT TEAM 22 / SPECIAL WARFARE COMBATANT-CRAFT CREWMAN

Hi guys,

For the last few years I've been slowly putting together a SBT-22, or SWCC loadout, based around the 2009 period.

For those that don't know who these guys are;
    This unit was specifically designed for the clandestine insertion and extraction of U.S. Navy SEALs and other special operations forces along shallow waterways and open water environments, and were relatively unheard of until featured in the film 'Act Of Valor'.

I don't have any extensive pics of my kit yet, but do have a rough pic and one or two of my Mich 2000.
    But this post was more to help others and give a rough kit list to aid others wanting to pursue this look.

SBT-22 IN ACTION (2009)

MY MSA MICH 2000 VS SBT 22 MICH 2000 (TOP 2 PHOTOS)

ONE OF MY KIT

KIT LIST

The list is what I currently have. These items are accurate to what was used by the real unit. Anything in (_) I don't have but was also used
    HELMET
    - MSA MICH 2000
    - MS2000 strobe ______ (VIP strobe)
    - Norotos 3 hole nvg shroud ______ (Wilcox L2G05)
    - Norotos TATM mount ______ (Wilcox L3 swing arm)
    - Petzl Tactikka E46P ______ (Tactikka E49P)
    - IR patches

COMMS
    (Mine are clones)
    - Z Tactical Comtac II headset (Real Comtac II's are made by 'PELTOR')
    - Z Tactical TEA PTT (Real ones are made by 'UNIVERSAL' TEA E3 Maritime 10 pin PTT) ______ (NEXUS U94 / PELTOR)

VEST
    - Eagle Industries Maritime CIRAS Ranger Green ______ (KHAKI)

(If you shop about you can pick these up same price range or sometimes cheaper than airsoft counterparts)

POUCHES
    (All Eagle Industries in ranger green) (Have seen the odd khaki pouches mixed in here and there)
    - IFAK Medical
    - M4 double mag X3
    - Molle Hydration ______ (MBSS Backpack)
    - Admin With light pouch ______ (WO/light)
    - Double 9mm
    - MBITR Radio
    - Shotgun shell ______ (Flare pouch) (the shotgun pouches are used for the same thing just have the inner shell elastic removed)

(I don't own these, but they are also used, still EI)
    - 9x3x5 horizontal utility
    - Double smoke pouch
    - Grenade

(If on a budget, Flyye ranger green pouches are the closest I've seen for colour match to the real thing)

CLOTHING
    - Mechanix M-pact II gloves ______ (Mechanix original style / Oakley SI Assault)
    - M81 BDU trouser ______ (In later pics one or two have been seen wearing M81 CRYE G3 trousers)
    - M81 custom RAID shirt (pic below) ______ (PCU lvl 5 alpha green / tri desert)

(for those on a budget or have no stitching skills, Bulle Molle do a M81 tactical shirt that's very close to the original RAID shirts. But they are slightly off colour)

- Hi-Tec Bandera II Boots ______ (Down to choice, but others seen used, Merrel MOAB, AKU Spider II, ASOLO FSN 95 GTX, Rocky S2R, Salomon LTR, Lowa and Altama)

(Yes I know Hi-Tecs aren't really up there with the likes of the others, but are pretty close to some of the above for those on a budget)

This isn't mine, but here is a pic of the position of Velcro on the RAID shirt for the SWCC's. For any of you looking to do it yourself

ACCESSORIES
    - ESS ICE glasses ______ (Various Oakley glasses / ESS profile NVG goggles)
    - Blackhawk CQB/Riggers belt black
    - Blackhawk Locking carabiner
    - Blackhawk P226 Serpa holster ______ (Serpa P228 / SAFARILAND drop leg P226 / P228)
    - Blackhawk pistol lanyard ______ (Down to personal choice)
    - Yates personal retention lanyard
    - TQS MET Tourniquet
    - SOG Multi tool ______ (SOG SEAL PUP Elite)
    - Chemlights

WEAPONS
    (Other than the mass of M240B's, .50 cals and GAU-17 miniguns )
    PRIMARY
    - MK18 MOD 0 ______ (M4A1)
    - Crane stock ______ (LE style)
    - AN/PEQ2 ______ (PEQ 15)
    - Tango Down grip _______ (Knight Armaments R.I.S grip)
    - ACOG TAO1 _______ (Standard carry handle / Aimpoint comp M2 / Colt QD rear sight)
    - Knight armaments rail panels
    - CQB sling
    (Standard mags used up to 2012/13, P mags seen used as well after that)

(Also don't own but have seen used)
    - Surefire 951 KIT-02

SECONDARY
    - P226R ______ (P226 / P228, not sure if they use a 'R' type P228 as well)

For anyone looking do an older pre 2004 look, the clothing is the same. But instead of the CIRAS, MICH and hiking boots, they used a PASTG helmet with woodland cover, SPEARS BALCS vest black, LBT 0292D chest rig OD or black and standard U.S issue boots.

After 2011 most SWCC units switched over to the AOR2 and AOR2 LBT-6094B plate carrier. As for helmets there seems to be a mix of MICH 2000 and fast helmets, some green, tan or AOR2 covers. For those wishing to do a newer look. Weapons are still a mix of M4A1's, MK18's and have even seen Block II (MOD 1) types now.

I will hopefully be able to post up a few more pics of my kit over the coming months if needed.

Hope this helps some of you guys.

Re: SWCC SBT-22 Loadout

Greetings good sir, well funnily enuf I've run this very same load out my self a couple of times only real difference with mine is I use a RAV instead of the ciras (it's different but not THAT different) I like this loadout as its something a bit different from the norm .
    I run the asolo boots with mine and luckily I'm a dab hand with the sewing machine so I raid mod'ed the shirt my self (and since then I've done a few for friends!) and I have my sig in belt holster not on the carrier .
    From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

Yeah it is a nice go to for me. I do love it as it is certainly an unseen look, well... till act of valour came out and exposed them lol.
      I do like a "modded" shirt over a production made one, it's the little things that give it that touch.
      As for the holster, I run mine on the belt too. Had to find that sweet spot so that when the rifle was slung it wouldn't catch on the holster.

Comment

Nice one bud , it's still an 'out off the norm' load out so I'm still happy with it !
        Don't know if you raid your shirts your self or not but if you ever need any doing give me a shout and I'll sort them for you , all it'll cost you is the postage.

Comment

sounds good bud, will have to bare that in mind.
          I only have the one at the moment that I tried to do myself. Which is ok, but no where near as it should be like in the pic above.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmikey22 View Post
            sounds good bud, will have to bare that in mind.
            I only have the one at the moment that I tried to do myself. Which is ok, but no where near as it should be like in the pic above.
            No probs mate , I'm quite a dab hand now with the old singer ! A straight copy of the above would be a doddle!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Darkmikey22 Find out more about Darkmikey22
            Working...
            X