Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Curelin View Post
    it's 100% UKSF, a SBS, in Kabul.

look at the Diemaco SFW, the boots, it seems to have the Ops Vest in DPM, and, finally, the Selex PPT...
    That's a good shout actually mate, didn't even clock the lowa's!

Comment

Re: SBS Taliban Hunter - the Tora-Bora hunting

Originally posted by Nun-Chuck View Post
      Definitely UKSF, not a Seal. Diemaco, Airframe, 6094, camelbak linchpin pack and British comms.
      Originally posted by Elliott Crawford View Post
      Nun chuck, I must say fella... You really do know your stuff. And have a good eye too
      I second the good eye. I'm struggling to see how you can tell it's British comms!

- - - Updated - - -

That's a good shout actually mate, didn't even clock the lowa's!
      Lowa's aren't a good indicator of British. The Polish, Estonian and US troops have all used Lowa's. The Diemaco is the biggest give away, but even then it's only an educated guess, assuming Curelin doesn't have first hand knowledge of who it is, that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikep81 View Post
        I second the good eye. I'm struggling to see how you can tell it's British comms!

- - - Updated - - -

Lowa's aren't a good indicator of British. The Polish, Estonian and US troops have all used Lowa's. The Diemaco is the biggest give away, but even then it's only an educated guess, assuming Curelin doesn't have first hand knowledge of who it is, that is.
        The Selex CT5 gives it away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam-Beta View Post
          The Selex CT5 gives it away.
          I'd say a give away was a stretch. The British are not the only ones using those comms, which I believe are manufactured in the states aren't they (correct me if I'm wrong). I do agree that the combination of all the kit mentioned makes it probable that the guy is British, but its not a guarantee and is only an indicator. Unless of course the guy that posted the picture/someone else knows for fact either first or second hand that he is UKSF.

Comment

There are other units using it but not notable in combination with the diemaco/airframe/6094. Dead giveaway. Mostly these days most units have moved on to the Nacre quiet pro, Invisio X50 and SLIYNX C40ps. Most noticeably the UKSF have apparently started (according to a good source) adopting the C40ps across the board. I believe selex comms are a UK based company are they not?

Comment

Nun chuck, I must say fella... You really do know your stuff. And have a good eye too
              Sign of a misspent youth :p Not really, I've seen this picture discussed to death elsewhere but the Diemaco is a dead giveaway especially coupled with the CT5.

Selex are a UK/Italy joint company, used to be Marconi. Other units use the CT5, but not to the extent of the UK. Coupled with British gun, british helmet as Sam says it's a giveaway and he's been identified as SBS elsewhere by people with far more first hand knowledge than I.
              Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
              It just annoys me that M79s are in MW2 when everyone else is using stupid futureweapons.

Derbyshire- apparently the secret training grounds of the Russian special forces.

Comment

Long shot but does any one have OP’s original pictures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Curelin Find out more about Curelin
                    Working...
                    X