boots for your plates of meat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: boots for your plates of meat

Nike do a few pairs,comfortable,fairly priced and with a touch of elegance/street-cred'.....sportdirect do them as do Ebay..

Comment

Originally posted by ghostwalker View Post
      Ended up with a new pair of haix boots in the end.
      Hope that doesn't prove to be a mistake.
      HIAX are high end boots, HAIX being one of the official suppliers to the German army together with Meindl and Lowa. Manufacturers contracted to produce boots for the Bundeswehr are allowed to have their brand name on IIRC 25% of the boots supplied, you may get ones with no name stamped in the leather but the various manufacturers usually have a logo incorporated on the sole somewhere, Meindl for example have a stylised M on the edge of the sole near the heel.

I have a pair of Mountain type surplus HIAX, genuine Gore-Tex so waterproof and super comfy but seriously heavy. Suffice it to say any surplus German army boot will be good quality but beware of lookalikes sold as brand new and made in the far east for Mil-Tec, Mil-Tec is about on a par with Highlander when it comes to quality.

Comment

Just thought i would share my thoughts on the Haix High Liability boots.

The boots out of the box have been very comfortable so far. The only aches and pains being on the inside arch of my left foot (something i suffer with in any boots).
        They have been given a few lengthy walks thus far (see photobombing german shepherd for walking reasons).
        There has been no significatn rubbing when worn with some British army standard issue socks and overall the boots have been very comfortable.
        The soles are incredibly think and sturdy and this is both a positive and negative. On the positive side, i doub't much would easily penetrate through the sole and they should keep your feet safe. On the negative side, it's difficult to get a feel for the ground your walking over, i was walking across dry ploughed fields and i didn't really feel any difference in the ground as i walked (this may changed as the boots are broken in more).
        The boots have a nioce locking system on the laces. On the top and 3rd eyelets there is a little loop that locks down when the laces are drawn tight.

Overall i would say i am more than happy with the boots for the £65 (new) that they cost and feel they offer a solid solution for the price.

Comment

£65 is a bargain mate. Like I said I have these same boots in a 12 but they don't fit me so I have to move them on, but I was amazed at how light they were! I reckon they are probably half the weight of the pro boots or issued Lowa Desert Elites!!

Comment

You stole them

That's a fantastic price, HAIX aren't common in the UK unlike Lowa and Meindl but they're at least as good, if they were as well known in the UK they'd cost the same as Lowa/Meindl.

Comment

They should have been about £90 but i was talking airsoft with the store owner and he got a little happy. Or more likely, realised here is someone about to drop more money than a world bank lol

Comment

I've just got some Haix goretex boots from my brother, they are steel toe caps that he had for work. Wore once and decided they didn't fit! Will get a pic up, got them for nowt 😉
                Last edited by matty83; 9 March, 2015, 22:36.

Comment

Not bad for free 😀

Comment

Personally I use Altberg Hogs, if you go to the factory they will make sure that your measured correctly so take your thick socks that you use with you. I have two pairs which I rotate daily as I also use them on the bike. They have a great retreading service as well.

Comment

Originally posted by aaron-hill09 View Post
                      Haix make a good boot! Much better than my issue Altbergs!
                      No way Haix are better than Altbergs! But the issued Altbergs aren't as good as the proper shop brought ones.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ghostwalker 43 year old airsoft newbie, former tournament paintballer and marshal. Ex TA RGJ, WW2 hstory buff. Find out more about ghostwalker
                      Working...
                      X