Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ARU Police loadout

Originally posted by murta369 View Post
    @ dangermouse : about the ARUs wearing ties... thats very old now mate , they should have the sweat wicking polo shirts with the departments logo on eg northumbria or west murcia.
    Old as it may be, there are still forces that issue.. and wear! the shirts and ties. Navy blue shirts are worn by Firearms and usually Dog handlers in these forces.

I can vouch for this.
    uıɐƃɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ƃuıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯɐ ı

Comment

about 2-3 years ago northumbria trialled these new shirts and they were passed through as they were much better than regular shirts due to being durable and able to throw straight in the washer , the material is similar to that on a UBACS but in black. as i said this was 2-3 years ago when we were first issued them and they were going on standard issue for everyone and our ARU wears them 100%

lad on the right has one on

police on the arms and the forces crest on the chest

Comment

Not all forces have the same uniform

TRUST ME, some forces still wear Cotton shirts!!!

Comment

what im saying for the point of the thread is a black polo is still kosher and more practical than a shirt , in your area they still might wear the cotton shirts but you should be getting the polos sooner or later

Comment

Your post made it look more like you were saying they were outdated and not worn generally any more.

Comment

apologies , yes its old round mine but as you say your forces wear it , northumbria trialled the shirts and the go ahead was made to make it uk wide issue.

Comment

Some forces don't even issue the fleece, and are still on woolly-pullys.

The idea of a 'National Police Uniform' is a bit of a joke really.

Comment

ME!
                  Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                  I've never seen an Aug look so large :p

Comment

That's what this loadout has been built for in fact funnily enough. You'll have to let me know who you are at the game
                    Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                    I've never seen an Aug look so large :p

Comment

Originally posted by murta369 View Post
                      apologies , yes its old round mine but as you say your forces wear it , northumbria trialled the shirts and the go ahead was made to make it uk wide issue.

Actually Northumbria Police have white shirts too, as well as the black tshirts. The black TShirts are not polos they are 100% Polyester and made by Keela. I wear one under my vest at Marrs. Only difference is mine is unprinted but it came directly from the stores at Ponteland HQ.

Northumbria also wear heavy duty combat trousers with the black tshirts, and white shirts are dressed with formal black trousers, however you are unlikely to see the white shirt officers because they are mostly worn by Inspectors and above.

The older wooly pullys are also in Northumbria still and prove to be a hit with the detention officers, custody officers and general police staff.

The black tshirts were also not rolled out UK wide, the uniform of the force is decided by the Chief Constable and the chief officers, many forces opted for them though because they are more comfortable and more practical for the job.

Chief Constables also decide what weapons their AFOs carry. Northumbria carry Glock 17 (9mm), X26 Taser and the MP5. The glock is mounted on a fobus style thigh holster with lanyard, the taser mounted the chest rig and the MP5 is in a 3 point sling.

All AFO officers in Northumbria Police are SGTs too, not sure about all forces but as one told me this morning "you have to be a SGT to be in firearms".

To which I replied "get a SIG you wuss", which he smiled and said "nah thats humberside"

For my work I'm in Northumbria police stations for about 4 hours everyday and they're all like little kids messing about all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterX View Post
                        The glock is mounted on a fobus style thigh holster with lanyard
                        safariland with room for the m3 light , ive been shown their kit in person

as for a sniper we use the sako TRG which i though was a bit strange

the vests are the regular armour you see country wide but the ones i saw had a wierd p90 style pouch on the front

Comment

Originally posted by Roxy View Post
                          This advice is good though...had no idea there was so much to handcuffs!
                          All forces now use the Safariland (Formerly Hiatt) Speedcuffs, there also many different ways to stick em on inc single hand cuff control.

Also from first hand experience (not arrested (was helping the trainer)) they F**KING HURT!!!!

safariland with room for the m3 light , ive been shown their kit in person
                          The light is discretion they can choose to have it on or off. Their kit changes all the time for comfort reasons though. But they were having a meeting this morning at a north east Command, they were pretty tooled up. They were putting a Hooligan in the car as I went out to the van. Tooled up or not though didnt stop me having a go at them. LOL
                          Last edited by MisterX; 4 February, 2011, 22:46.

Comment

stops them having to kick a door by foot if they have a tool too do it , i heard that sometimes happens when a unit needs a ram the car carrying it is usually in the other end of the city

and for the point of the thread , appears to be sakos in use in the raoul moat hunt

Comment

Yep rams are flipping heavy. I used one a few times but never did my arm in(think i was lucky lol) I used to work for a company and we had a spare one in the warehouse we used for weight training lol. We ended up giving it away to essex police(took over a week with all the red tape lol)
                              Airsoft Social - Founder

Comment

Originally posted by Leadmill
                                Rams are fooking heavy. Only ever had to use one once.
                                One of my younger brothers is SYP CID. When he was in uniform a few years ago he was the one with the ram when they raided a drug dealer's house. The dealer was apparently sprawled out on the bed, clearly having "sampled" a lot of "product", yet offered to attack my brother, still carrying the ram, with a samurai sword that was apparently hidden under his bed. My brother, armed with said ram as well as the standard SYP issue weapons-grade sarcasm, "politely" suggested to him that if he even looked at any officer in a funny manner then the dealer, the bed, the sword, the ram and on top of it all my brother would all be going through the floor into the kitchen underneath.

Later searches found the samurai sword, described by my brother as "a big f***-off shiny b*gger". The dealer was apparently so mashed that he had trouble getting up off the bed, so they reckoned it would have taken him a good half hour to get to his hidden sword.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Roxy Been an airsofter since October 2008 Find out more about Roxy
                                Working...
                                X