X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SGT Sneaky
    replied
    Re: MTP

Yes but as i keep saying and saying that no one seems to read "I BUY DIRECT FROM THE BRITISH MINISTRY OF DEFENCE AND MTP IS NOT COMING THROUGH IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM" LMAO (slaps head) and i also deal with all the companies that make all the MOD clothing and they wont sell MTP as they are contracted by the MOD and are under strict instructions not to sell it to anyone other than them.

If these companies have MTP its either.

1.Knock off Multicam (or just multicam being advertised as MTP)
    2.Obtained by other means that can not be legit (IE insiders/soldiers)

Leave a comment:

• Snowdrop
    replied

I think this thread is going along the grounds of numerous other threads that have been posted on here before ref MTP.
    Tropical, MTP version one, the original stuff is based on the CS95 cut, MTP version two or PCS as it is properly called, is based on the american cut - high mandarin collar, arm not chest pockets and so on, and is being slowly rolled out to people over the next 18 months or so.
    It is PCS, not the CS95 cut that is the stuff you are likely to get into trouble with. The CS95 cut has been widely out for over a year now, and so of course loads will end up on ebay. It will though, have been well worn as it is all ex afghan kit. It is likely that as MTP is being replaced by PCS, as Sam says, some surplus stores may well find themselves with some, apparently though trousers are hard to get as they did run out a couple of months back (certainly with the RAF).
    Alot of the surplus stores sell accessories, but are usually multicam asthe two are very similar, particularly when you start looking at pouches etc, so I would check the small print on adverts. However, again there may well be early issue stuff floating around.

Leave a comment:

• dollar
    replied

got to love multicam, i'm trying to convert most of the guys who i play with, and its slowly working.

Leave a comment:

• Sam-Beta
    replied

The tactical store they get all their gear legitimately. In any case if I'm wrong I've got no problem admitting it! Just saying that I've found quite a few stores that do stock it in the past 10 minutes that stock MTP. Tbf I'm surprised Viper haven't jumped on the MTP bangwagon and made knock offs yet.

Leave a comment:

• SGT Sneaky
    replied

Oh sorry i get you know with cuts you meant the style, The only main difference really is the new ones have angled pockets for easy access while kneeling rather than the straight pockets of the 95 style

Leave a comment:

• SGT Sneaky
    replied

Yes i do love my Multicam and have become a bit of a multicam whore myself lol

But as for the stores on Said site they either got it through not legit ways or its Knock off chinese mulicam that they try and sell as MTP, but one thing is for sure it has not come from the MOD coz if it did i would have boat loads of it and be making a killing matey

Leave a comment:

• tropicaltrifle
    replied

Yes I do, sorry

Leave a comment:

• dollar
    replied

i think he means "soldier 95" style and "PCS" cut?

Leave a comment:

• Sam-Beta
    replied

There's a certain "condom brand name" tactical retailer that has been selling MTP vests as well as shirts. As far as I'm aware they also sell to troops as well. They also have a restricted area for well you guessed it. In the past 5 minutes I've found two stores on the auction site that are selling genuine MTP.

In any case I could care less about MTP. I prefer Crye Multi cam...

Edit: Just found an illegitimate selling in Finland selling what looks to be genuine MTP.

Leave a comment:

• SGT Sneaky
    replied

What do you mean cuts?

Leave a comment:

• tropicaltrifle
    replied

Just a quick question.. What's the difference between the two cuts of MTP?

Leave a comment:

• SGT Sneaky
    replied

LOL No MTP is for civilian use and the British Ministry Of Defence (who i buy ridiculus amounts of gear from and would know if MTP was released) hasn't released one single piece and i just checked out said site and the only genuine stuff on there is naughty soldiers selling the odd bits and the other is chinese knockoff Multicam that they label up as MTP Multicam and the pattern is stretched and not MTP at all and the other stuff is Multicam Labeled up as MTP, so after looking into this it takes me back to square 1 and saying the only people selling MTP is naughty soldiers.

Leave a comment:

• Sam-Beta
    replied

You can find every MTP sale on said auction site just by typing MTP in... It's only a certain variant of MTP that is jut authorized for civilian use. This is NOT what is being sold.

Leave a comment:

• SGT Sneaky
    replied

Ok then im sorry the MOD who i buy Directly from are clearly in the wrong and i will let them know this, could you kindly private message me the links of these people "Legally" selling MTP?

Leave a comment:

• Sam-Beta
    replied

Actually the surpluss stores on said auction site have been selling MTP for a while now. Not soldiers that are selling this on. There are a few other retailers that are also selling this that would be well aware of any legal ramifications of doing so if it was an offense.

Leave a comment:

About the Author

Collapse

tropicaltrifle Find out more about tropicaltrifle
Working...
X