Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Fallout 3/Fallout New Vegas Inspired loadouts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fallout 3/Fallout New Vegas Inspired loadouts.

Has anyone here ever done the post apocalypse loadouts similar to those in the Fallout series of games. I know there is a thread for S.T.A.L.K.E.R impresions but obviously they are much more 'soviet' in feel.

Dieselmonkey and I run airsoft events set in a similar world/universe to fallout but in a UK setting and this is one of the loadouts for my character.

Probably one of the cheapest loadouts ever..

Biker leathers were about £30 from charity shops.
    Two or three bits of police riot armour painted metallic at about £3 a piece.
    Some old army surplus leather belts (both cost me about ten quid each a few years back but the chest bandolier would cost a los tmore now as its WW1 era)
    Some £30 west german jackboots
    A knackered old set of knee pads and its all topped off with a *£20* cheap spring shotgun!

Re: Fallout 3/Fallout New Vegas Inspired loadouts.

feck me, gadge you look like Garry Neuman's wino brother in that setup

Not bad for a slaver setup. See if you can get a thinish long coat to put under the leather jacket to givit a more adventurer look.

Comment

that looks awesome!!!

Comment

The eye patch isnt for effect either lol!

Last year i nearly lost an eye through a stupidly rare keratitus infection and was pretty much blind in that eye... wearing an eye patch stopped me getting headaches.

For this Augusts event i might wear it again to keep coninuity of the character

Comment

Jezzus , just looked up keratitis. Feck me, seems to be either herpes as a secondary or dodgy contact lenses/use. Pseudomonas aeruginosa infection sounds bad....digests the cornea.

Comment

Contact lens scrathed the cornea, had a shower.... ultra rare fungus got in the cut.. next thing i know my eye is bright red with the pupil covered in white scar tissue.

I had to have 3 different types of drops put in every hour for 4 days... which basically meant i could sleep for 15-20 minutes a t a time for 4 days while they put drops in my eye and scraped the white scar tissue off with a needle... i nearly went bloody crazy.

I'm still partly blind in my left eye but other than that its healed. Weirdly other than the blindspot the scar has caused it actually improved my vision in my left eye by .50 but its not really a help as now my left eye dries up really quickly if i play computer games, watch tv or read. Hence the eye patch is still handy.

Comment

any chance of some event information as it sounds something I would want to do and I have a few loadouts that could work pretty well for it.

Comment

Sure

I dont know if i'm breaking any forum rules here but as you've asked for advice (i dont want to spam ad the site)

Its on August the 4th at Gunman's Tuddenham site. All the character generation rules and info are on gunmans forums in the 'wastelander' section. There is also a small section on it in the news bit in this months Airsoft Action.

In a nutshell out game is set in the fallout universe but in the UK/Commonwealth (where the androids come from )

We basically knew it would look awful if we tried to be amercian and have things like supermutants so we made some variations.

The key difference is that while the fallout universe has a retro 50s feel we went under the idea that the pre war uk was in austerity and had quite a harsh government and have a retro 80s feel (i.e its more like mad max and 'threads' and the music in the bar etc is old 80s records)

We also have out own factions and monsters like

Peoples Armed Kollective (PAK)- a nomadic traveller tribe of survivalists
                The Legion od St George - your classic fascists in black (a bit like the bos)
                Slavers (pretty much the same as fallout)
                The 'Tallion' - remants and descendants of a British Army battalion, a bit like the NCR but more tribal
                The Sugar Union - Descendants of survivors from an old automated sugar factory, heavy industrial look.

You can also be a general wastelander or a government 'reserved occupation' fallout shelter survivor

Bad guys are all played by a big team of crew and include Raiders, Rogue War Droids, Slavers and our own type of mutants 'Green Men' who are incredibly stealth nasty half man half plant ninjas....

You start the game with basic kit but can do jobs or trade scrap to earn money (our currency is 'quids') and as a player the idea is you bring your ideal loadout with you, this is then tagged up with price tags and you (and only you) can buy it from the store when you have enough in game money. So you might start off wih a foam 'lead pipe' and a springer shotgun but after a few missions be able to afford a rifle or some body armour... you might also find it on dead raiders.

To add to that we've got all the site hire guns *anyone* can 'buy' in game and also lots of clothing, webbing, armour etc.

Be great to have you along.

There is also the 'dog and hammer' pub that you can relax in between games, learn skills, gamble and buy food and drink at.

Comment

won't make this one may try for the next one I have a few cool things I could do maybe we should chat about costume stuff at some point.

Comment

Yeah love to mate.

I've found police riot armour painted and drybrushed to look like metal is brilliant.

Also charity shops quite often have a lot of biker leathers you can chop up etc.

Comment

Yeah, we're just getting geared up and ready for the next event in August. I've been making up Radiation and Health monitors, called 'Click-Boys'. We've got 50 of 'em.

Comment

alright now you have to sell me one of them bad boys!

Comment

Originally posted by hic/K/s View Post
                          alright now you have to sell me one of them bad boys!
                          Sorry mate, not for sale. You get to use one for the weekend if you come along, though.

Comment

*starts booking travel arrangements*

Comment

Right just about to head off to set up this weekends FALLOUT event 'wastelander'....should have some good pics of peoples costumes when i get back

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Gadge Europa Find out more about Gadge Europa
                              Working...
                              X