Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

idea: The British Rebel Fighter - What would they look like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: idea: The British Rebel Fighter - What would they look like?

They could be flown in?

Comment

Plus the navy can't be everywhere at once.
      section 24 of the 1968 Act
      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

more importantly what navy haha
        After cheap project guns and various bits of kit

Comment

As soon as their ipods run out of battery they wont be a threat.

Scotland seems like a pretty safe place to get weapons in. No doubt pira/rira etc would join in.

Comment

Ok, Sean mentioned this and I've bitten...

This fighter lives on the edge of a garrison town (RN, RM, Army, whatever), has formed a guerrilla force that patrols the local area ensuring their own survival and making sure the local criminal vigilante forces are kept at bay. The military has fallen apart due to the practical and psychological effects of a devastating worldwide collapse, a large organized force relying on technology and machinery has no place in this new world... Small groups of ex-mil and ex-merc/pmc feel they are at an advantage (due to having military training) to pillage the local area and start their own local regime (think mad max maybe?), taking state-of-the-art general kit and rugged weaponry they set about taking the town and holding its struggling people under tyranny and false hope of provisions. Fighting in towns an cities is almost constant with small spats echoing through the streets; hundreds of thousands have died and many more are struggling to survive with the lack of infrastructure, fuel, food and facebook. Rural areas are hit less hard but are coming under increasing pressure from these criminal forces wanting to control whats left of the farmland and natural resources...

However due to this hedonistic self-actualization of terrorism, and the ease with which local areas are taken; these criminal forces become complacent and slack reveling in the total freedom they have created for themselves; this allows our fighter's guerrilla force to start slowly chipping away at the fringes of this regime.

-The trousers are comfortable and practical, something maybe a labourer would wear and be confident in their longevity.
            -The t-shirt is one acquired recently, his previous one was white, but this green one makes him feel less exposed in the woods surrounding the town.
            -A shemagh, taken from an abandoned surplus warehouse, it denotes his status as skirmish leader (members of his raiding party tend to wear a beanie or balaclava).
            -Socks, knitted by a local woman- worn by all the guerrillas.
            -Boots, a good pair he bought before the meltdown, he is currently on the look-out for some for when these wear out.
            -Load carrying- all are bits taken from slain criminal forces, trophies if you will. Loot is divided between the raiding party ensuring equality among the ranks and an increasingly even equipment level between the two sides.
            -Sig pistol is this fighters prized trophy, from an ex SF squaddie that was commanding a raid on a local refugee camp.
            -AKs74U, a rare trinket that sees little action although ammunition is plentiful due to the local black market traders and their hand made rounds.

Not shown are the hunting rifle (main weapon) and necessary items such as in-situ tourniquets, torch, hand made IEDs with booby trap rigging kit, first aid kit.

Definitely a work in progress but it is probably what I would choose if faced with such a situation...
            Originally posted by Walter Gropius
            If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

Don't take this the wrong way, as I appreciate the thought you're putting into your look, but looking at your gear and the shemagh right now, it screams PMC to me.

Weapons are good, but the tan molle gear is just PMC tastic, try gear which is cheap and old, bags, old bandoleers, not brand new off-the-shelf stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawaiian Special Forces View Post
                Don't take this the wrong way, as I appreciate the thought you're putting into your look, but looking at your gear and the shemagh right now, it screams PMC to me.
                Weapons are good, but the tan molle gear is just PMC tastic, try gear which is cheap and old, bags, old bandoleers, not brand new off-the-shelf stuff.
                No worries mate, thats kind of what i was going for, you see rebels in syria and the like with say a pair of pilfered nv binoculars round their neck, they might not work and they might not know how to use them but they signify something, they're a conquest, a symbol... However I see what you're saying, it doesn't look 'right'... Thinking of changing the leg panel for a canvas satchel? Will keep tinkering... :-)
                Originally posted by Walter Gropius
                If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

Heres mine at the moment, a little more tinkering required, bit of battering of the some of the kit as well.

1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                  2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

^ Sweet look Sean! The mismatched gear and the clothes look properly suited. I think it just needs a last 1% touch though, something which might perhaps identify you with a faction or cause? An armband would be one way to do it, it you feel like it then dyeing a logo or emblem on that jacket might be cool as well.
                    Originally posted by a_flea View Post
                    Thinking of changing the leg panel for a canvas satchel?
                    Yeah! You can find canvas shoulder bags at army surplus places for like a fiver if you burrow through the piles of random gear they have.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawaiian Special Forces View Post
                      ^ Sweet look Sean! The mismatched gear and the clothes look properly suited. I think it just needs a last 1% touch though, something which might perhaps identify you with a faction or cause? An armband would be one way to do it, it you feel like it then dyeing a logo or emblem on that jacket might be cool as well.

Yeah! You can find canvas shoulder bags at army surplus places for like a fiver if you burrow through the piles of random gear they have.
                      We think alike my friend.
                      I was looking at something like a Union Jack bandana or something tied around my arm.

Comment

• I have just watched red dawn, now i havent seen the original and granted its very 'MURIKA FURK YUR' but it does give you a vague idea, although a different spin on the story looking at changing from civil war to fighting an invasion force... constantly changing clothes pillaging load bearing equipment from dead soldiers etc... would love a game day on that scenario

Comment

not a bad film but a bit to much of a 2nd amendment spankfeast for my liking, the original was filmed at a time when they had a palpable fear of the soviets might try something like that

Comment

Well with all of North Korea's saber rattling and Chinese found to have been hacking American systems.. who knows!

REDS UNDER THE BED I TELL YOU!!!!

But on topic, I think the new Red Dawn is probably the best source to use for this loadout
                            Fire Team Zulu
                            Find us on FaceBook - Fire Team Zulu Airsoft
                            http://www.facebook.com/fireteamzuluairsoft

Comment

Gotta love the original red dawn, cheesy as hell....

WOOOOLVERIIIINES!!!

yeah ok...

Comment

Just to throw this out there....the Series Falling skies has a good example of this but in the US and with aliens!

Basically average Joes, wearing whatever they have (normally waterproof jackets) with a rifle and a few clips in pockets....and there are military elements also, so you have normal civvies and then the occasional camo'd all the gear military types

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Hawaiian Special Forces Find out more about Hawaiian Special Forces
                                Working...
                                X