Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FSB ROSN Caucasus

FSB ROSN *WARNING: Picture Heavy*

ROSN teams (Regional Department of Special Designation) are the local Special Purpose units of the Federal Security Services (FSB). Dependant on the region they are sometimes called RSSN teams.

They are the equivalent of the FBI's regional SWAT teams with Alfa being the equivalent of the FBI's HRT unit based at Quantico. Some of these teams; especially the teams based in the major cities and the Caucasus are very well supplied with arms, equipment and training.

Tasked mainly with Anti-Terror operations they regularly support CSN Alfa and Vimpel.

My loadout is an atypical ROSN operator from the Caucasus region in Cold Weather gear. I'm using an FSB-tuned AK-104 with an FSB muzzle brake and a Gen4 Glock 17. The Gen4 is now being made by the Orsis company under licence in Russia.

Detail pics, firstly of the AK-104 and accessories:

Upclose pics of vest, holster and secondary:

Kitlist:
    LCT AK-104 with RS Buttpad, SSO/SPOSN Trehtochechnik sling, SRVV AK Mount, HurricanE Eotech 552, SRVV Laser and Torch unit and FSB Muzzlebrake
    WE Glock 17 Gen4 with SRVV Pistol Lanyard

FORT Defender 2 Body Armour
    SRVV Molle Vest with 2x Double AK, Day Pack, Small Utility, Frag grenade, Radio and Double Pistol pouches (All SRVV)
    K6-3 Helmet with SRVV Cover
    SRVV DK holster
    ACM Goggles

Blokpost Gorka
    SRVV ClimaCool balaclava
    SRVV FNG Gloves

Not too many mistakes in this loadout. Obviously the helmet should be a 'Vulcan' rather than the older K6-3 and the boots are still my Meindl, but Russian FSB guys often import western gear (Danner, Blackhawk, Adidas GSG9 boots and Camelbak are popular) so its not so unlikely. The loadout is heavily influenced with SRVV (Survival Corps) gear. I love it personally. Its very western in design and style but when mixed with Gorka and other traditional gear is undeniably Russian-looking. Have to say this is my favourite loadout at the moment.

Anyway, thanks for looking and any comments are appreciated.

Nel

Re: FSB ROSN Caucasus

That helmet looks heavy!

Comment

cool loadout, im impressed

Comment

thats a nice loadout mr.
        Last edited by breadfish; 20 January, 2013, 21:13. Reason: spellin' mistake

Comment

I'm surprised at the concealable style holster with a rig like this. I would have expected at least something more "duty" style, if not a full blown "tactical" drop leg or similar.
          Not actually a builder
          Not actually called Bob.

Comment

Looks pretty close to me.

section 24 of the 1968 Act
            Supplying imitation firearms to minors
            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Eotech
              P.S the guy holding the weapon is also the main honcho for FSB.

Eotech

Eotech

Eotech

Not being funny, that to looks like an eotech.

As for the vest.
              He's wearing a non plate carrying vest over the top of a plate carrier/body armour, which is/was fairly common practice across a lot of the forces.

I'm no expert, bloody far from it on Russian kit but from what I've seen so far with my 10 minutes trawling, it looks pretty damn close but far from a CoD loadout.
              1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
              2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Awkward...

^Glock^

^Ak with eotech and multicam in action by FSB at a siege^

^ Alfa group member's kit ^

^AK with rail and optic on operation ^

^AKs with rail and eotech being used by FSB ^

I have pages more of these pictures if you really, really want me to go on? OP's kit looks spot on to me.

Russian special forces soldiers are massive, massive into rail-rape nowadays. I've seen a ton of pics of tacc'd up russian AKs (there was a guy on Arnies who trolled the ak 'purists' by posting pics of real Russian rifles so they would tell him how unrealistic they were). Russian gear isn't even remotely close to my forte- like Sean I'm no expert, but it's not too hard to find a shedload of active pics of FSB.

Next time I wouldn't patronise someone's loadout without spending at least 30 seconds on google to find out if you're talking out of your backside first.
                Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                It just annoys me that M79s are in MW2 when everyone else is using stupid futureweapons.

Derbyshire- apparently the secret training grounds of the Russian special forces.

Comment

Wow, No posts for a week then my thread goes mental. Thanks to everybody who took the time to post. I'm always interested in other peoples views and I certainly dont have all the answers so debate is always good.

Originally Posted by HullAL09

How is it not authentic? Almost all the kit he is wearing is used by FSB

possibly, but show evidence plz! i can tell you now, you will be struggling to find any... and the chances that when you do it will be airsofters!

- but saying that, FSB wears whatever they managed to steal/beg for/take in bribes.. etc. so it is possible. ))
                  FSB is very well funded federal organisation and they tend to get the pick of the gear. Alot of the gear is NOT issue (Gorka, SMERSH, SRVV and Fireline vests) but is bought by the user themselves. However FSB operators are well paid by Russian military standards. However the Fort Defender-2 is issue. This is the standard body armour issued to FSB personel. There are pics of FSB in Fort Redoubts and SRVV Alpha plate carriers. the funding of each individual ROSN/RSSN team is completely dependant on the regions location. You can bet your bottom-dollar that Moscow/St Petersburg/Caucasus region ROSN teams get alot more funding than the others.

There are enough pics on google to show that although there is variation to the gear, the overriding theme for Caucasus Ops is Gorkas, Fort Defender 2, Helmet, Balaclavas, load-bearing. I simply dont subscribe to "SF can wear what they want". As for they beg/borrow/bribe, I think this is a sweeping statement, but I do know that SRVV sponsor and provide gear for units within the FSB. (They gave the FSB 'Grom' unit full sets of SurPat for the Interpolitex 2012 show.)

Secondly, each one of them wears only one vest
                  The Defender 2 didnt have any loadbearing capacity, so it is a necessity to wear some form of loadbearing over the top. Just check the pics above (much thanks to Nun-Chuck and seansamurai1), the guys are wearing a mixture of SRVV, Fireline and Blackhawk loadbearing, but there are plenty of pics of guys using SMERSH and other bits. The more modern Fort Defender 2s now have MOLLE and Fort have a new vest called the Redux that is also MOLLE.

I based my loadout on the following pics, as you can see in first pic the two guys on the right are wearing Fort Python suits under Gorka tops, but they are next to impossible to source and the cost would be prohibitive for airsofting:

In the second pic, 4 of the 5 guys are wearing body armour with load-bearing over the top (the other guy on the far right is wearing neither), and you quoted this pic (FBI) so I dont understand your point.

I'm surprised at the concealable style holster with a rig like this. I would have expected at least something more "duty" style, if not a full blown "tactical" drop leg or similar
                  Got me on this one. All of the FSB guys carrying pistols all seem to be wearing drop-leg holsters. I just cant stand drop-legs. I much prefer belt holsters so I went for the SRVV DK belt holster. I find them way more comfortable For realism I should really run a drop-leg and I have a Blackhawk Serpa platform so in future for the pics this will be what I use.

Next... glock? But i think you knew that wasnt authentic anyway
                  Glock 17 and Glock 19 have been issued to FSB since 2008/2009. An original order of 200 was purchased. Glock 17s are now made under licence in Russia by Orsis:

They are VERY popular with Alfa, but there are pics of other units using them too (this guy is a member of Saturn I think, and he has his Glock in a Serpa drop-leg):

Also small touch up details. Like they have their gorka tooked in, not hanging... boots are not tooked in trousers... things like that
                  Good points mate. However, in most of the pics the Gorkas are 'ballooned' rather than tucked in (draw-string pulled tight). as for whether the leggings chould be tucked in, there are plenty of pics to support both arguments so I would imagine its user's preference.

If you look at the picture provided by sean, you will not see any (or very little) eotech laser pointers, you woll not even see a RIS. they mostly use that shit for comps. Or photoshoots for foreighn press.
                  ROSN teams tend not to be fully RIS'd up as they are NOT top of the pile for kit. Most of the fully RIS'd guys are Alfa (if you look at Nun-Chucks photos, the first four pics show Alfa operators) but some ROSN guys do have RIS rails. Admittedly these guys are posing for a photo shoot but they are St Petersburg ROSN team members:

The last pic Nun-Chuck posted up is very interesting. It is a pic of an FSO Protection Detail taken in Iraq circa mid-2000s. They were the first FSB unit to wear multicam on operations. The decision was made by the FSB to import Helikon gear from Germany and to issue it to the FSO to prevent confusion amongst the NATO/Western troops. Pretty forward thinking if you ask me. If you check the photo they are using heavily RIS'd AK-74s, SRVV MOLLE vests, Baseball caps to try and look more westernized.

Hopefully I've answered all your comments, and once again thanks for your input.

Nel

Comment

To the OP.
                    Dude, I love the loadout and from the pics I've seen, it looks pretty gen.
                    Just hope we haven't thrown it off but hey, a cod softer had to be stopped (FBI). :D

Comment

Originally posted by nellboy View Post

Got me on this one. All of the FSB guys carrying pistols all seem to be wearing drop-leg holsters. I just cant stand drop-legs. I much prefer belt holsters so I went for the SRVV DK belt holster. I find them way more comfortable For realism I should really run a drop-leg and I have a Blackhawk Serpa platform so in future for the pics this will be what I use.
                      I had actually assumed it was something taken from the real unit's gear . just thought it was a bit odd.

and I love the look. I wish I had the time, money and dedication to put together something that good looking.
                      Not actually a builder
                      Not actually called Bob.

Comment

I think we can conclusively say that you've been owned FBI!!!

Regarding the belt holster, I run BOPE (Brazilian military police SF) gear, but don't like drop-legs if I can avoid them. I spent literally months researching my kit and, in the vast majority I found, they were using drop-legs. BUT, there were a few that used belt mounted holsters. Hard to find, but they were out there when I looked hard enough. The only issue would be the type of holster you've used. I went for an ex-police Bianchi holster as this is closer to the type used by BOPE, even though I would have prefered my Fobus. Perhaps belt mounting your Serpa?
                        sigpic

Comment

Thanks Redhawk.

Like your pics, the FSB Calender pics from last year always upset the purists. When they first appeared I think Russian themed airsofters across the globe started to commit suicide in droves

Personally, it doesnt bother me. If you want to do an up to the minute Alfa loadout then fill your boots. There are plenty of other Russian Special Purpose troops to copy. Or go Old Skool. Modernisation and reforms WILL take place regardless of the kit you buy as a collector or airsofter.

I think FBI may have been here for a few years, and thus hasnt kept up with the newest kit. Also the FSB have a much bigger budget than the SBU. You have to remember that Russian Security Forces have been fighting Jihadists and Seperatists since the mid-80s and these guys are very experienced soldiers. (FSB casualties are higher per year than ISAF forces in Afghan over the same time period). They WILL want the best gear that they can get.

Last thing, and I'm not being picky, this is purely for your own info, but the guys in the Smog Pattern are MVD SOBR not FSB. Pretty sure all the rest are FSB but those two definatly aernt.

thanks again

Nel

Comment

Originally posted by FBI
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]76784[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]76785[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]76786[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]76787[/ATTACH]

here are the pictures of FSB (or equivalent) at home, not posing for press.

and Agent, i agree, the load out looks cool, never had anything agains that, just not what they would wear at home.
                            Hey bud, calm down. I appreciate that the weight of opinion is against you but you dont need to lose your rag. However the info you post up is just very different to the info that some of us have seen (either on google or in RL).

As for your pics, the first pic is of Alfa at the Beslan School siege in 2004 so is a little out of date.

Pics 2,3 and 4 are of MVD. 2nd pic isnt even an Op but a training exercise by SOBR. The photos are also quite old, with pics 3 and 4 taken during the 2nd Chechen War (probably mid-2000s). They are not even FSB. FSB budget is huge compared to MVD (who still have conscripts) so the gear IS different. You can tell they are MVD as the maroon/white quartered badge/patch is MVD. In the last pic, you have a guy in a maroon MVD beret.

The argument seems to be that the use of modern optics and RIS is still uncommon. I think that we all agree that this is the case, however for ultra modern loadouts the use of RIS and western optics is permissable in the FSB. The balance of evidence would prove that they are used on Ops. The pic of the FSO in Iraq is on Ops as are the Dagestan multicam pics (please dont tell me its a photo shoot because if you find the full set of photos there are two dead jihadi's pictured and I am NOT linking them to an open forum. I will also not send you a link via pm so dont bother). There are numerous other pics as well.

As for the argument that they are only for training or photoshoots, I have to say that is bunum as well. If you spend a great deal of time training with a piece of equipment on the range then I would imagine that you train to use in RL situations. I have never served in the military, but I do work in the Emergency Services. As FBI says we do train to use new gear before it becomes issue, it so that we are profiecient with it on the go-live date.

And lastly, your knowledge seems to be out of date. Crikey, you didnt realise that the Glock is issued to FSB units. Thats pretty basic stuff for a loadout. This is not an opinion. This is FACT. Indesputable. the info about how the guys wear Gorkas has made me re-look at the pics again and was a really valid point. However most of the other stuff you've mentioned seems to be wrong. I dont think the pic you posted was particularly tasteful either (even if I agree with the sentiment).

So, perhaps to close down this line of argument, here is a pic of Major Sergey Ashikhmin taken on the Op where he lost his life at the end of 2012:

Last edited by nellboy; 21 January, 2013, 16:09. Reason: spelling

Comment

If its ok with the fine chaps, I'm gonna drop a PM to Blytm, see if this can be cleaned. It's a shame to see a good loadout thread ruined.

My 'experience' with FSB wasn't all that tbh, for the most part they were entourage because of where we were. Still had some good times and got very very drunk.
                              I'd even go as far to say, I was even in the SAME country!
                              What you are really saying FBI is that because you lived in the country next door that wasn't even related to them that you know more than everyone else. That's like me saying I only live a few miles away from France so I obviously know more about the French military.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

nellboy Find out more about nellboy
                              Working...
                              X