Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will this fit ?

hi guys,
    so thanks to everyones help here finally got my hands on my beloved Cyma M14 :D and thanks to further help i got myself a awesome hard case and im all ready with my new setup............

BUT im missing one thing! !

still need a ris for it, now ive been offered a very good price for a Cyma ris on here and im going to go for it, but spotted this and love it but dont know if it would fit on my Cyma

if anyone could help out would be great, or if you got any alternatives

thanks again guys,

Theo

*hope pic dont break site rules if it does let me know and i'll tkae it off
    Last edited by Mrt88; 29 January, 2010, 14:28.
    sigpic

Re: will this fit ?

Will need to know what brand the linked item is :P

It looks like the Laylax one at a guess, which I believe will fit (if the Cyma is a clone of the TM which the part is designed to fit that is!).

There are cheaper alternatives out there, which will do the job just fine and will still function just as well
    Does not speak moron.

Comment

its a King Arms rail, just prefer it being low liying, the Cyma ris is above the fitted sites so its a bit to high for me.
      sigpic

Comment

I have one of the King Arms knocking around in my spare's box. Be aware that they are not machined from high tensile steel (or anything remotely close) and as such don't appreciate heavy scopes. It's not that they wont stay on the rail but the screw that tightens on to the little tenon in front of the rear sight is not the best and if you over tighten it or knock it badly it will have to be re-tapped. I always planned to tap a hole into the upper receiver to accept a mounting screw at the other end but I never used this rail in the end.

Comment

so its not worth the £30 price tag then?
          by the look of it it screws into the hole infront of the rear site like you said but what happends to the front ? will it just float there looks to high to rest on the other end of the gun?

thanks guys
          Theo
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mrt88 View Post
            will it just float there
            That is as good as any other way of putting it. Mine has an adjustable screw at the other end designed to take up any slack and keep things taught. I will dig it out and show the pic.

Comment

It will fit mate but may need a lil bit of modification

Comment

thanks dude a pic would be ace
                sigpic

Comment

Yes they fit but you need to fit tall mounts on your scope. I had one on mine but the scope I had was a low mount type and I had to file down the top of the rear site ring.
                  I'll pm you a picture.

Comment

thanks guys for that, know if there's anything similar out there that would fit and do the same job?
                    i gather from the advice that its not the best in the world and its 2x more expensive then the "standard" m14 style mount
                    sigpic

Comment

Right I found that mount. PM me with your address and I will send it to you, if it does the job keep it, if not just pop it back in the post.

Phil...

Comment

Just to confirm it's this you are looking for?

Comment

Ive got a cyma rail mount im selling pm me for more info

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mrt88 skirmishing around the country: Stafford, Stoke, London Find out more about Mrt88
                          Working...
                          X