Warning! RM issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning! RM issues.

Just to let folks know, RM playing games again!
    Sold a GBB on this forum recently, sent it off SD and this is what was noted on the tracking/ delivery status.

This parcel has been identified as containing items suspected of being prohibited or dangerous. The contents are being examined. If found to be compliant, the parcel will be delivered to the intended recipient. Posting prohibited or dangerous items may be a breach of transport regulations and/or Royal Mail terms and conditions. If we do find any such item(s) we may dispose of them.
    Find out more about prohibited goods and restricted goods.

Anybody else have the same problem? What is the solution if RM not willing to deliver GBB's?

Re: Warning! RM issues.

It's the pressurized gas container (the magazine I would assume!), not that it's a gun.

I bought a CO2 bike pump with cartridge off eBay and RM seized and destroyed it as a prohibited item - the seller had to send me one via courier instead.

Comment

was there any gas left in the magazines, or any bottles of gas sent with it?

Royal Mail will ship RIFs if they are sent in the correct fashion/service, but any kind of compressed gas sent via them is a no go...
      sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

some one sent me a tm pistol and I am sorry to say RM destroyed it for the same reason you are giving.

I would suggest you speak to the person who sent it and get them to talk to RM right away and try and get them to only destroy the gas mag, we were to late. as it was already ship to there prohibited good depot n Belfast... I can't get my head around that too,

ooooh we have some dangerous goods.... I know lets put them on a plane and ship them over to northern Ireland..

good luck mate
        The Airsoft Knowledge Base Project is where we will be building up information, guides, fixes and other Airsoft knowledge.

Comment

Been happening to a fair few people lately. It doesn't matter if the mag is empty either, it's a 'gas container' and therefore prohibited.

IMHO RM are f*****g waaaaay outside of their lane and being massive d-bags about the issue (to say the least) regardless of whatever contract we might 'enter in to' by sending parcels via them. This attitude of "oh we'll just take hundreds of pounds worth of your stuff and indiscriminately drop in in to a furnace because we want to, without consulting you" is just utter BS, how much effort would it be for them to separate the mags and send on the RIFs? Bugger all. They may be within the law (I'd hope...) but it doesn't change the fact they're being c***s.

Sufficed to say, if anyone's sending a gas mag with a GBB gun of some sort either use a courier with suitable rules of carriage or send the RIF separate to the magazine. Or where practicable just sell the gun without mag for a lower price and perhaps keep the mag if you've got another gun it fits or sell it to somebody you can hand it to in person.
          REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

Yeah I made sure all gas was out the mags but as you say it made no difference, the latest note on the tracking service is that it is being returned to sender (me) so hopefully comes back in one piece...

The really crazy part of it all was that it was the PO member of staff that recommended I send it SD!

Agree with all comments though, it's utter nonsense and RM really need to get a grip but they won't, all about profit for shit service now I would imagine...

Comment

Out of interest, how would they find out that it was a gas container? Do they X Ray all parcels or something?
              sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

No idea mate, they may use some sort go gas detector or something....

Pricks!

Comment

I dont send anything RM anymore. Rediculously overpriced, and their rules are bordering on insanity.

Most couriers wee all over them. And dont even get me started on Parcelfarce. Robbing pikey sods. I hope they go under.
                  AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

I bought a second hand PPK (think from here) which disappeared in the post. Seller refunded me and took the knock. 6-8 weeks later I get a knock on the door - post man delivering a re-wrapped package with an official letter - needless to say I repaid the very surprised seller.

Parcel Force on the other hand will allow you to send air powered guns and also LiPos - http://www.parcelforce.com/help-and-...d-restrictions

Comment

WTF! Crazy shit indeed!

Funnily enough when I went to post the 1911 I asked to send it PF 48hr, it was the PO assistant that talked me into SD as it would cover the value of the 1911 should anything happen or go wrong...

Comment

I think it is luck of the draw as much as anything, I've posted at least 4 pistols, probably about 15 gas magazines, and several gas rifles before now, all RM/PF and, touchwood, I've not had an issue or been caught out. Maybe Im just lucky.

Hope your issues get resolved nicely though!
                        sigpic

Comment

Thanks mate.

Comment

take the fill valves out of the mags. its not a pressurised container then.
                            Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

Fine idea sir, just a shame we have to go to that extreme to satisfy a paranoid postal service!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mojo1 Find out more about Mojo1
                              Working...
                              X