Collapse

Are the L85A2 Models Still Competitive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the L85A2 Models Still Competitive?

I've been looking to buy a ICS L85A2 as a first skirmishing rifle, but I have been wondering if these platforms are still competitive considering they were brought out ~7 years ago.

Can anyone answer if they are still competitive compared to newer platforms at stock and upgraded levels?

Re: Are the L85A2 Models Still Competitive?

I have had a few different rifles and the L85 rifles are by far my favourite, and the ICS one whilst not as nice externally as an ares in my opinion, is a very nice gun especially as stripping it for maintenance is super easy with just two captive pins required to split the upper and lower to access the gearbox, which also has adjustable fps something some current guns don't even have, my one has crisp trigger response with an 8.4v and shoots far and accurately. and the only upgrade I believe is a tb barrel. They can get very heavy (compared to an m4/16 variant) when you add a scope, rails etc so be aware.

Comment

Hi, my first AEG when i was seeing if airsoft was for me was a JG MP5, the following year i bought an ICS SA80, 8 years later i still have it and its still my fave gun having owned other guns alongside (CA MP5 / TM P90 / CA M4 / ICS 552 etc)

Reason for such love is that its a bullpup style, so long barrel in short frame obv, great gearbox, electrics and motor, one of the easiest to take down, uses M4 mags.

I agree with what Zegerman says above, although the externals may not be the best, the fit and function i think IS the best.

The only upgrades neccersary are a 6.03 barrel and the hop-up unit, specifically the hop arm.
      In an ideal world use a pro-win hop unit or similar, or for a cheap fix shim either side of the wobbly hop arm.
      Run a 2600Mah 7.4 Lipo or a big 8.4V NiMH, these will provide enough juice for a whole day whilst not being to high on the voltage or discharge amps to overspeed the gearbox.

You'll be impressed with the range and accuracy for sure

Comment

Have an ICS L85 A2, I've not used it much, as I have a preferred G36e aeg for skirmishing, and I prefer the L85 looking good hanging on my wall, but when it does come out it is quite simply a bad ass rif, mine is an afgan spec setup, it has great range and accuracy, and looks the nuts as well, and is very reliable, solid and feels awesome!!
        No upgrades just stock setup with a bit of tuning and it runs like a dream, and it will outperform a lot of the rifs on skirmish days.

Comment

The ICS L85 is just about as good as any other AEG out these days, as the others above have mentioned you can fit rails on it now to get all the bells and whistles and the internals have features some other AEGs don't have.

My L85 is my go to gun, it's just so easy to strip and upgrade, I've also put in a metal hop up arm (the original hop arm was a bit naff and the only real downside of a really good gun). But now it just performs really well.

Comment

Much appreciated guys. Thanks.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Redeon Find out more about Redeon
            Working...
            X