RPG ammunition..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPG ammunition..

OK so as some of you may remember, I have an RPG. It's the one that you put a moscart in the bottom half of the 'rocket' and then it fires it through a small hole in the top half of the 'rocket'.

Anyway, I was wondering what I could use, safely in an airsoft game to fire out of it. The natural answer is bbs, but because the moscart has to force the bbs through a small hole, they all hit each other and go virtually nowhere.

Thus conventional moscarts are out of the window. I now use the 'paintball' moscart from madbull. Basically is just one big tube in the middle rather than little ones around the edge made for bbs. Because of that, things fired from it go straight through the hole in the rocket end. I once fired three paintballs out of it and they went nearly 40m. Was insane.

But obviously I cant use paintballs in airsoft, as fellow skirmishers wont want paint all over them! Can anyone think of anything else to put in the RPG to make it skirmishable?

I did try bbs, hoping that the would go straight out of the hole too. They didn't and still went almost nowhere.
    Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Re: RPG ammunition..

What about those re useable paintballs you can get?

Are they rubber?
    Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

ooohhh hadn't heard about them.. are they expensive though? because I'm looking for something expendable really, don't want to have to go around picking up valuable rubber balls after firing haha

thanks for the suggestion though mate, I'll look into them
      Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

Re balls are a strange composite and depends where you buy them, normally they are a softish plastic.

they will hurt if you get hit by them as per a normal paintball if your rpg can use them anyway..

im thinking of getting an RPG or an explosive missle of some sort.

re balls are expensive yes as they are designed to be ..re used lol

Comment

How big is the hole on the end? You can get those foam rockets that madbull do.

Either that or make your own to run off the gas from a standard moscart (check with your site though as this is similar to the whole launching a flashbang etc into the air from an m203)

I'd imagine this could be safe etc. I'm thinking if you need to make one some pipe lagging trimmed into a rocket tip with a small pole with fold out fins or something for stability.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

What about using bb nades that fire less beebs?

shaun.
            Originally posted by Utorak
            FUUUUUUUU! I'm not going to be putting the barrel of my gun near anything like that.

Comment

Hmm.. the reballs are looking very temtping. Although would sites want me leaving them around? haha

And nah the foam rockets don't fit.. the hole is too narrow. And I don't want to modify it because it's good plastic and nice construction, and if I make the hole bigger then the little cap that plugs it won't fit! And that cap makes it look real haha

Also, it isnt a problem with the number of bbs, it's just that the hole at the end is narrower than the circular arrangement of any moscart, so the bbs will still have to hit the inside of the cone and be bounced through it.

thanks for all this though guys

Comment

What kind or range are you hoping to achieve.

What about some cheap 0.12's with a plug of some kind at the end....Just not a marble...lol....

Damn should have read your last post. Can you extend the tube diameter with some plastic pipe of some kind?
                Gun tech.

Comment

nah, to open up the tube you'd have to actually modify the rocket, and then it will be like half a rocket and will look silly. later on I'll try and get some pics to help with my explaining!

if you imagine '>' is the end of the rocket, the bbs from a moscart do this ::::> so they have to get forced through the small gap. from the paintball moscart, the paintballs went
                  ---> so they go straight through, because the tube of the paintball moscart is in the centre. for some reason, filling the paintball moscart with bbs didnt work

Ideally, I'd like sort of average moscart range, but like I said when i tried with paintballs, because the paintball moscart can hold so much more gas, they really flew and went about 40m, albeit very slowly haha

also, for reference, the diameter of the hole at the end of the rocket is about the same as the paintball moscart tube. So probably about 1.2cm.

Comment

If you can contact 'Clot' on here he had one and his worked ok with moscarts. Obviously they may be different RPG's but you never know.

He knows what he is talking about too. He is good with guns in general so if there is anything to be sugested, he will probably be able to help.
                    Gun tech.

Comment

I hope to god you're not thinking about firing rubber bloody balls at people.

Think about what you are proposing. Imagine hitting somebody in the eyewear. What's going to happen?

Comment

You think their glasses might come off? That's the only problem I can see. The rubber balls themselves don't go that fast, so I doubt they are going to cause major injury themselves.

And hey, I never said OMGRUBBERBALLSIAMGONNAGOOUTTHEREANDKABOOMEVERYONEN OW. This was a thread to discover something safe, and also effective to use. So if you have a point to make make it nicely

But, if your point was that they might knock someone's glasses off, then good one, and thanks because I didn't think of that originally.

Comment

Sorry, it was almost a reflex post made in reaction to the thought of somebody getting a load of rubber paint balls and destroying some poor sods eye...

Without wanting to sound condescending, even at slow speed, a comparatively weighty ball would have more chance of damaging/shattering somebodies eye protection that the heaviest BB. Most sites probably wouldn't allow it anyway, because of the risk, or we'll all be glad in standards tested face masks and running round looking like power rangers.

It's similar to the old Tornado grenades... Even though they are crap, I still wince when I see somebody cobbing them through a window. You're supposed to "post" them through into a room, not lob them like a baseball player... Imagine copping one of those in the side of the head... Anyway, I digress...

Wouldn't some kind of nerf rocket fit?

Comment

+1 to the nerf rockets! They are foam and wont hurt as much if they hit people. Also they are big so you can see where they went!

A well-known retailer has said that:

much better quality than anything else we have seen. It fires BB's, paintballs, Nerf rockets, whatever you want really, it depends on the gas grenade you chuck inside

Comment

Ah the other idea for the foam rockets then, use the foam rocket idea but put something down the middle that is soft (i.e. pipe lagging that isn't too thick) glue it in and then poke that down to the middle of your paintball moscart, the pressure of the gas should be enough to launch it, though you may need to swap it to co2 for better distance.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TS_Welshy Find out more about TS_Welshy
                              Working...
                              X