Come back into the real world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come back into the real world

Hi guys, great to have Zero back eh? It's been greatly missed. Sadly, while it's been away, a number of our members seem to have caught the "Weaponcrates" disease, that is, losing all track of reality, where 2nd hand prices are concerned. Half the reason weaponcrates, was considered shit, is that it lacked the expertise that this forum has built up over the years, and people seemed to just pluck perceived values out of the air, but right now, I'm seeing a bit of this appearing on here too. A rifle that costs £500 new, is not going to fetch £900, just because it's got a tightbore, half a dozen mags and you've still got the box.I find it quite entertaining, watching the asking price tumbling over the weeks, but really, I just wish they'd be realistic in the first place. We've got an appraisal section, try using it.
    "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

To be honest as a buyer if i see someone selling something i want to buy i always pm them with an offer of what i'm willing to pay for it regardless of what the initial asking price is. Even if theres a huge difference between the two figures it often gets excepted in the end. A lot of people myself included will ask for an amount that they would like to sell an item for, dosent mean they'll get it instantly but they might if the right buyer comes along. I do agree though that sale prices should never exceed the original retail price unless the item hasnt been manufactured for over 5 years or so and is considerd to be a collectors piece etc. At the end od the day something is only worh as much as someone is willing to pay for it but the same rule applies in reverse to those people that are selling. I,e if i cant get this much back i'd rather keep it.

Comment

Also there is a fraudulent guy selling an ak custom and taking peoples money but still hasn't been removed or blocked. And there's no way of reporting it!!! People have wrote comments on his post though someone please look into this

Comment

This has always been a problem in airsoft, both here and in other places. People asking ridiculous prices and then unsurprisingly it doesnt sell, theyre still bumping it 6 months later.

Back in the good old days when you used to be able to pick up a 2nd hand Cyma AK or CA MP5 for <£100, thats all died off since Chinese manufacturers started upping their game (and their prices massively), and now everyone thinks their Cyma AK is worth £300 after its been dragged through a pile of rubble and has a god-awful "custom paint job" that somebody has ruined thinking a can of halfords yellow paint makes it look "Sandbox operator".

Comment

I' pretty strict both buying and selling.

Work out new prices and go straight to 60%.
          Allow realistic amount for postage.

Adjust for condition and rarity.
          Away from UK until June / July. Happy to still buy but sales will be harder due to not being home.

Wanted:
          VFC 416c, 416d, 417 GBBR
          VFC 416c, 416d AEG
          HERA arms Glock chassis

Comment

I'm pretty strict both buying and selling.

Work out new prices and go straight to 60%.
            Allow realistic amount for postage.

Adjust for condition and rarity.
            Away from UK until June / July. Happy to still buy but sales will be harder due to not being home.

Wanted:
            VFC 416c, 416d, 417 GBBR
            VFC 416c, 416d AEG
            HERA arms Glock chassis

Comment

I agree with everything that Steve said above, there are some really out of this world prices on some forums at the moment. Some of the best this week, have been the TT Cyma AK74U...£350...all standard, buyer pays all fee's and postage as well ....
              Or the JG G36C with added magazine and battery, a steal for £180...plus fee's and postage..
              The unnamed MP5K, ( no make, no fps, no description of any sort) £300...plus posting ..
              etc etc etc
              Best in my mind is some of the descriptions...."it's a beast of a gun" or "My favourite gun, shoots like a laser, never left me down....but needs a small part that's broken, I'm sure it's a small fix, and won't cost much "....

Comment

As new. Missing inner barrel.

That Two tone AK had me laughing

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

steve grey I work as a singer, all over but mostly UK, also have a property business Find out more about steve grey
                Working...
                X