Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas mag servicing service?

Hi,

Hope this is okay to post on here as it’s not something I think Z1 offer having a look over the website.

Does anyone offer a gas mag servicing service as I have 6 or 7 gbb m4 we mags that have been stored for a year or so and now all leak

Let me know

G.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Servicing gas mags are easy ,you just need a few tools, some silicone grease and oil ,and maybe plumbing tape
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Plenty of guides how to do it on Youtube, its a really simple task

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vprNDVOLPNE&t=672s

Comment

Hi, I’ve decided to give it a go myself. These are the old gen we closed bolt mags with the strip up the back and the square seal which seams to be the problem. After trying to bring them back to life (with no luck) I’m now trying out a gasket sealant I’ve used on my motorbike in the past. In 24 hours lll know if it worked

Comment

Hi, I’ve decided to give it a go myself. These are the old gen we closed bolt mags with the strip up the back and the square seal which seams to be the problem. After trying to bring them back to life (with no luck) I’m now trying out a gasket sealant I’ve used on my motorbike in the past. In 24 hours lll know if it worked

Comment

Here’s the style of mag

Comment

So it turns out the “wynns black gasket” seal worked a treat and I now have 5 fully functioning closed bolt mags.

When I did it I removed he old seal completely and ran a generous bead all around the back plate where the original seal sat, the pressed it into the mag and tightened it finger right. After 20 mins I did it up a bit more and 20 mins later completely tight.

Bonus is I still have loads of the stuff left in case I need to do any then again (and I mag use it to replace the lower seal on my hi cappa extended mags)

Comment

So it turns out the “wynns black gasket” seal worked a treat and I now have 5 fully functioning closed bolt mags.

When I did it I removed he old seal completely and ran a generous bead all around the back plate where the original seal sat, the pressed it into the mag and tightened it finger right. After 20 mins I did it up a bit more and 20 mins later completely tight.

Bonus is I still have loads of the stuff left in case I need to do any then again (and I mag use it to replace the lower seal on my hi cappa extended mags)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

dragunovgeorge Find out more about dragunovgeorge
                Working...
                X