Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excessive charge on a repair

Hi everyone,

I have just had an invoice to change a Tappet Plate on a MP5 for £52, now I think thats overly expensive.

I estimate a good tech could get the job done in under an hour and the part likely to be around £10, so am I right or is £52 about right for the job??
    Just because I don't post often doesn't mean I am not playing Airsoft

I've always seen Airsoft Teching as exploitative, I don't think the price is fair but it's not unusual.

Comment

If it’s from a proper tech (not a does it on wknds at the site tech) then unfortunately no it’s not really expensive, would have to allocate an hr to the job plus the part so if the part is a tenner then , when you consider a good carpenter will charge £60+ an hr then £42 for the hrs tech work isn’t too bad .
      From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

I'd charge £30-£35 depending on the mp5 some take longer to split than others, it's normally £15 half an hour, Or part of and £25 for the hour plus parts, the gun needs to be tested, evaluated, chroned if it's working, then the job is done, it's tested again, chroned and sighted in
        VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
        trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

As most people have said, the parts might not cost that much but you have to factor in the labour time (disassembly, installation and testing etc.). I'd rather pay top dollar and have it done correctly than risk doing it myself and potentially making the problem worse.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

theplage1234 Find out more about theplage1234
          Working...
          X