Ordering from overseas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordering from overseas

Hey guys just like to ask has anyone ordered anything from Evike.com and has anyone had any problems with shipping to the uk

pm me or leave a reply cheers

Ive orderd from evike before. No issues with shipping but you will have to pay import tax at around 20% wich includes the cost of shipping plus get mugged for around 15 pound customs handeling fee. Worth calculating as it adds on a fair whack. Dont forget to add your ukara number with instructions to write it on the outside of the box

Comment

Oh right okay so I’ll have to pay postage and import charges or the postage is the import charge

Comment

You will have to pay postage, then when the package arrives in the UK, you will be charged 20% of the item price and shipping price. And then a £14 charge on top as Parcel Force or another courier pays the tax on your behalf.

So for example:

AEG: $200
        Shipping: $100

Subtotal == £230.59

20% VAT of £230.59: £46.11
        Courier handling fee: £14

Grand total: £290.71
        Lurker.

Comment

Oh right okay I get it not after a aeg it’s only a pistol erm if you don’t mine be able to do that working out for the usp Match Kwa / Umarex from evoke plus all the stuff for a grand total cos I’m not all that clues up lol

Comment

i'll break it down as much as possible as someone that deals with imports daily

Product - EG £200 + shipping EG £20 gives you the export total £220

Once it gets to the EU/UK that £220 will be subject to duty (this varies depending on country it's coming from and type of product but for this example lets say 5%)

your new total is £231 which is also subject to VAT at 20% so it's now £277.20

Then the courier can charge a small handling fee which is usually around £15 so your total cost including freight would be £292.20

This total is usually right around the retail price you would have paid in the UK , give or take a few pounds .

However , if you have issues that few quid you may or may not have saved will vanish as you are entitled to no after sales support from retailers outside the EU

Also this has taken between 4 days and 4 weeks with you having to monitor customs clearance to ensure the tax is paid rapidly instead of waiting for them to send a letter asking for it

Comment

Originally posted by Harryhillsx97 View Post
              Oh right okay I get it not after a aeg it’s only a pistol erm if you don’t mine be able to do that working out for the usp Match Kwa / Umarex from evoke plus all the stuff for a grand total cos I’m not all that clues up lol
              Just add the item to your cart and then go to checkout, enter the country to give an accurate shipping cost. They say international shipping is $30, but that seems rather low. If it is though, it would be ($185 + $30) x 1.2 = $215 or £165. And then the £14 handling fee on top.

Originally posted by 1st commando View Post
              This total is usually right around the retail price you would have paid in the UK , give or take a few pounds .
              Yes, pretty much, it's usually not worth the effort getting it internationally, although it seems in this case it's an exclusive for Evike.
              Lurker.

Comment

This forum is run free by zero-one airsoft, if you signed up to join this forum you would be agreeing to the terms and conditions which states that you are not allowed to discuss rival companies to zero-one airsoft, especially as you are discussing how to buy from a rival company..a while back when the admins used to be more diligent this thread would of been pulled straight away and you would of received a warning or a ban, fortunately no one seems to care about it anymore.....Just saying lol
                VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

They just don't care about the forum anymore - Should just pull the plug imo

Comment

Or hand it over to someone who does care.

Sales section is still very active, but the vBulletin 5 is awful. We don't have a report function, no itrader, which is why that section is a mess, plus the constant 500 server errors.
                    Lurker.

Comment

You can usually get out of handling fee if you argue that you did not request for them to pay the customs fee for you. They decided to do that themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Somebody has asked here how much VAT the businesses should pay in 2022. Here's my answer: Such retailers and wholesalers will be required to charge VAT at the standard rate of 12.5% charged on the value of taxable supply plus National Health Insurance Levy (NHIL) at 2.5%, Ghana Education Trust Fund Levy (GETFL) at 2.5% and COVID-19 Levy at 1% of the value of the taxable supply. I personally pay 12.5% for the goods I transport by trucks throughout Europe. I t used to be a problem for me once because I had issues with the documents, but now with cmr note I create online and sign online as well it's no longer an issue.
                        Last edited by siangana; 23 December, 2022, 11:24.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Harryhillsx97 Find out more about Harryhillsx97
                        Working...
                        X