Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Spam reporting and bad threads - can a mod step in please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spam reporting and bad threads - can a mod step in please?

Remember on the old site we could report spam and bad threads. Can we get that back please?
    Six pages of Chinese spam threads this morning and it's probably going to get worse.
    Personally I wouldn't open them but I can see that some have been viewed. Just be carful guys and girls.
    Over 150 positive sales & trades on this and other forums!

Agreed, more spam than a certain monty pythons sketch at the moment

Comment

I don't think there are any mods left, just a single admin.
      Lurker.

Comment

Sorry for the delays, the spam has been removed. We are still lacking a functional spam report button, so until the admin can rectify the overall issues with the new forum, feel free to contact myself or any of the other active moderators for support with threads and or to report spam.
        dsgdreamteam

Comment

Thanks, will do.

Comment

Why has human verification been added to searches? The "New Topics" feature doesn't work now.
            Lurker.

Comment

Yep, having the same issue.

Comment

It seems the forum is now almost unusable, nothing works properly, maybe taking the forum down for a day or so to sort the issues and get it back working properly would be beneficial, constant verifications, can’t even look 2 pages forward, I totally understand putting stuff in place to stop what we’ve just been subjected to but this is maddening and will be driving people away again
                And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

I've asked the admin, but got no response... why not switch to XenForo? It's made by former vBulletin developers and it's what most forums switched to after vB4, as it is vastly better than vB5.

And of course this happened when I tried to post this:

Lurker.

Comment

The forum is in some apparent desperate need of an overhaul and we are working behind the scenes to negotiate this and many suggestions have been put forward. Speaking for the mods standpoint, we havent at all abandonded the forums, we are just in a postion of working with what we have here until fixing the board becomes priority - and yes we are working at this as I and many others have been here for a long time and won't simply let the forum (and more importantly for many, the classified section) dissolve into nothingness without a fight.
                    dsgdreamteam

Comment

I'm sure we all appriciate the hard work you guys put into the forum as you do this for free. The old forum worked great for many years and we all just came to love it as we knew are way around.
                      Keep up the good work, especially keeping out those spammers as no other forum seems to work as well.

Comment

Back again, same spammer, surely banning the account is step 1?
                        Lurker.

Comment

Thanks for reporting that, that account has been given the maximum amount of infraction points that I can issue, but I do not have the permissions to remove the account completely. If the error messages that I was getting from this end were dud then the user should not be able to post again.
                          dsgdreamteam

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

simon Find out more about simon
                          Working...
                          X