Shortening a barrel and re threading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shortening a barrel and re threading

Hi I’m looking at getting my asg scorpion evo barrel cut down and re threading is there anywhere I can send it to have this done please get in touch

What do you mean?

Airsoft barrels aren’t rifled if that’s what you mean? Or are you talking about outer barrels?

If you find a decent CNC engineer they’ll do it, just be careful how you word the job as ‘manufacturing a firearm component’ doesn’t look great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Firefight Combat Simulations - Providing a higher level of Airsoft events and tactical training within the South of England.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/478126848883465/

Comment

I’m looking at getting the outer barrel shortened and the re threaded for the flash hider

Comment

You'll want a lathe machinist, the job you have won't require CNC.
        Lurker.

Comment

Do you know anyone that can do it?

Comment

I'm looking for the same thing any airsoft retailers or know source which will chop/rethread

Comment

Do it your self (I did) it’s not that difficult . All you need is a 14mm die cutter I got one from fleabay for £5 (not as if your using it for hrs on end every day so you don’t need an expensive one) , made my own die holder , piece of wood with a hole in the middle then 4 screws through the wood to hold the die in place and away to go! Big secret is just take your time and plenty of WD40 on the cutter as your doing it . I’ve done 3-4 outer’s now and they’ve all turned out ok .
              From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

Thanks for the explanation druid, I've got my eye on a die wrench that should do the trick but I have a couple of questions before I go ahead. I'm guessing a CCW flash hider will be threaded clockwise by the die? Also how did you go about cutting the barrel did you simply use a hacksaw and sand/file it smooth?

Cheers,
                Bill

Comment

Thanks for the explanation druid, I've got my eye on a die wrench that should do the trick but I have a couple of questions before I go ahead. I'm guessing a CCW flash hider will be threaded clockwise by the die? Also how did you go about cutting the barrel did you simply use a hacksaw and sand/file it smooth?

Cheers,
                  Bill

Comment

If you’re after somewhere to send it, search LCS Engineering on Facebook

Comment

Right, the evo barrel is not standard size, it’s around 18.7 mm from memory, this is to accommodate the original barrel nut and flash hider, if you are planning on re using those then finding the correct size and pitch due is a start, if you’re planning on using the ‘standard’ airsoft size of left hand 14x1 die then the outer barrel will need turning down in a lathe before cutting the new thread, most half reasonable engineering companies will have a lathe suitable, it will be very easy to make an absolute balls up of it trying to do it yourself and leaving you with a wanked gun, I’m picking up a new lathe in the next few days as I used to offer this service to my guys locally but got out of it a while back as people’s expectations of their SRC gun coming back shooting like a ptw having given a budget of £50 just got on my tits
                      And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

I’ve sent mine to patrol base they are doing it for £60 and that includes rear wiring and fitting a real steel handguard and obviously includes cutting down the barrel and retreading

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
                          If you’re after somewhere to send it, search LCS Engineering on Facebook
                          Thanks for the recommendation i have contacted them.

Comment

Also is it acceptable to chop an inner barrel?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

V90KES Find out more about V90KES
                            Working...
                            X